PDA

View Full Version : Big problem with Magical key !!

Bull Bizard
03-27-2006, 01:17 PM
I have done a shop with keys inside...
A normal key and the Magical key.

The price of the Magical key is 900, but when I go on it. Link "bye" it even I got less than 900 !!! :scared:
The more odd is that take me only ONE rupee !

Please don't tell me it's impossible to bye this key ! :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno:

(Maybe this will help : My max Rupee pouch is 255 for now).

Tygore
03-27-2006, 01:29 PM
It's probably a problem with how your shop is set up. I've had problems setting up two-item shops in the past. Are you using the first and second or first and third slots for the sale?

Bull Bizard
03-27-2006, 01:42 PM
I use the 3 slots (1st large magic jar, 2nd key, 3rd Magical key)

(I always use the 3 slots in shops due to an other bug if I use 2 or 1.)

ShadowTiger
03-27-2006, 01:45 PM
Yep, this is most definitely a bug. I've encountered the same bug. Now I just don't use shops. :p *lol*

Try making a shop with only the Magical Key. Does it still mess up?

Bull Bizard
03-27-2006, 02:04 PM
If I put only the magical key I think it will bug ...
Because when I don't put 3 items every times in shops there is a bug... :shakeno:

koopa
03-27-2006, 02:31 PM
Suggestion: sell 3 items in the shop, the third being something like a heart or small magic jar.

ShadowTiger
03-27-2006, 07:08 PM
Suggestion: sell 3 items in the shop, the third being something like a heart or small magic jar.Hrm. That method is what he's already using, at least from what we could read earlier. So long as the sole item is in slot #1, (The top slot.) it might be fine.

Bull Bizard
03-28-2006, 02:03 PM
So you say I have to put 3 items (like I've already done) but with the magical key in the first slot ?

Ok, I'll try...

koopa
03-28-2006, 02:41 PM
No, I meant that shops with only one or two items have a bug, it seems, so you need 3. The order is not important.

If you want a shop that sells normal and magic keys, you could sell: slot1-normal key, slot2-magic key, slot3-heart or something like that, it just has to be 3 in total.

Bull Bizard
03-31-2006, 08:12 AM
No, I meant that shops with only one or two items have a bug, it seems, so you need 3. The order is not important.

If you want a shop that sells normal and magic keys, you could sell: slot1-normal key, slot2-magic key, slot3-heart or something like that, it just has to be 3 in total.

I've already done this. Like I've saide my shop is 1st large magic jar, 2nd key, 3rd Magical key.

I've tried a lot of things but nothing match !
It's the magical key that bug : When I change the order of the 3 items (like 1st magical key, 2nd key and 3rd large magic jar) the magical key has the price of the 2nd item (so 100), the key has the price of the 3rd (so 20) and the Magic jar cost only 1 !! (Like the magical key when it's in the 3rd slot.)

So the bug is not fixed... :banghead:
I'm thinking about remove the magical key... :disgust:

koopa
03-31-2006, 08:55 AM
I know DFW managed to put a magical key in a shop in IotW (it cost 900 rupees or so), and it worked - that was a version 1.83 quest, by the way.

I can't look up the details just now, but I'll edit this when I've found it. It must be possible somehow.

EDIT:
Right, got it.
http://www.myfilehut.com/userfiles/8562/stuff/shop.gif

This is from IotW, version 1.83 though I played it in 2.10 as well. Worked fine for me. Note: this is a potion shop (letter required). Maybe that's it, all I could think of otherwise is that a normal key and a magic key in the same shop don't go together.

Bull Bizard
03-31-2006, 09:26 AM
Ok, I'm waiting for your help :)
Thanks !

Rakki
03-31-2006, 11:32 AM
Okay, I just made a shop with a Merchant as the guy, a string, shop type 0 and it had a large magic jar in slot one for 30 rupees, a key in slot 2 for 100 rupees and the magic key in slot 3 for 900 rupees, and I couldn't trigger this supposed bug. I had my shop on a level though, not in a cave. Where is it that you're trying to make your shop?

Bull Bizard
03-31-2006, 03:46 PM
Oh ! :shakeno:
I have a bug !:mad:

My shop is on a dmap (for shops and houses) with the level 10.
I've several shops in this dmap that are correct.

If the bug still persist maybe I will put my project to download... Because I don't anderstand !!!! :angry:

rocksfan13
03-31-2006, 03:49 PM
Might be a good idea.

Bull Bizard
04-01-2006, 04:22 AM
:bouncy: Yeah !

My problem is solved !!!
I've passed a couple of time this night to find the problem... :computer:

The bug was not due to the Magical key.
I used an item (like the misc) as my guy and this was the KEY !
After testing some stuff I realize that if I put an item in Rooms that have someting with money (gamble, pay for info, and... Shops !) there will be a strange bug...

(For example, in the gamble only the 3rd rupee give someting (just 1 rupee) and we can play several times without going out.:googly: )

Rakki
04-01-2006, 07:51 PM
Yeah, placing items in shops is generally not a good idea, since the shop just checks for Link to obtain an item to trigger the disappearing of the shop. I'm not surprised that there are other bugs that arise when placing a normal item in a shop. Just use a combo for a custom guy in the shop, not a Misc item. The only thing you should ever use the Misc items for, really, are to pay to get into mini-games. Well, that, and for event items, if you just want it to cause an event to take place without giving the player a new REAL item to use.