PDA

View Full Version : Episode I Racer

Darth Marsden
03-27-2006, 07:26 AM
Okay, this thread is going to lead to a bit of an odd request, and may end up with some slapped hands, but I'll ask it anyway.

Why did they never release Episode I Racer on the PS or PS2, yet they released the 'sequel' Racer's Revenge on the PS2? Am I the only one to whom that makes no sense? I hate having to switch to a different console to keep playing a series.

So my question (which may get me in trouble) is... is there any way of emulating a version of Episode I Racer (It was released on PC, Mac, N64 and DC) on the PS2? I know I can emulate a whole bunch of other consoles, but is it possible to get one of those four running on a Sony console?

FYI, I own both the PC and N64 versions of EIR. The PC one crashes mid-race and the N64 controller is hardly ideal for it.

AlexMax
03-28-2006, 01:28 AM
To my knowledge, no one has gotten a halfway-decent emulator running on the PS2. Given the fact that not even the XBox has a decent N64 emulator yet, you're probably going to have to wait a much longer time for anything decent to come out.

{DSG}DarkRaven
03-28-2006, 02:02 AM
You should just wait for the Nintendo Revolution and then download it. That and Super Metroid. And Chrono Trigger. And... I'm going to stop being a fanboy now.

Darth Marsden
03-28-2006, 04:22 AM
Meh. Fair enough. Just thought I'd ask. Never hurts to try, right?

Dracula
03-28-2006, 07:50 PM
...and the N64 controller is hardly ideal for it.

Not even the douple-controller setup? Maybe it's just my opinion getting the best of me, but that's the coolest damn thing that the rest of that series could never emulate. That's the only way I'll ever play EIR... again, my opinion.

Darth Marsden
03-29-2006, 06:08 AM
Not even the douple-controller setup? Maybe it's just my opinion getting the best of me, but that's the coolest damn thing that the rest of that series could never emulate. That's the only way I'll ever play EIR... again, my opinion.
It's the Control Stick. Maybe it's just my controllers, but the damn thing is nowhere near as smooth as one of the Playstation ones. That make sense?

Besides, I like having as many games on one console as possible - that's why I tracked down all those Final Fantasy Anthologys.

MottZilla
03-30-2006, 12:08 AM
To my knowledge, no one has gotten a halfway-decent emulator running on the PS2. Given the fact that not even the XBox has a decent N64 emulator yet, you're probably going to have to wait a much longer time for anything decent to come out.

Actually the Xbox has a great N64 emulator and can run many games quite well. Though a PC is better.

The PS2 will NEVER emulate N64 without some massive HLE hacks. Plus you would need a modchip/trick to run unlicensed software.

DM, the reason that the Racer game never came out for a sony platform is timing most likely. First, the PSX was too weak to power such a game. Not enough memory, gpu power, etc. The PS2 however came along rather late, the other ports had been out awhile and PS2 development was a pain in the ass early on.