PDA

View Full Version : This is far too cool.

ShadowTiger
03-26-2006, 04:21 PM
Click (http://vhost.oddcast.com/vhost_minisite/demos/tts/tts_example.html)
(Relatively fast connection required.)

Move your mouse around, and she follows it. Even more impressive, you can type things into the lower box, and she'll actually SAY IT BACK. ...

Ladies and gentlemen, ... Welcome to the world of tomorrow.

Holy crap.

Starkist, whatever happened to tact? :p Posts like that make participation in a community cease to be an enjoyable experience. If you're really that bored, why do you bother to post it other than to bring people down?

Starkist
03-26-2006, 04:31 PM
People have been writing simple javascripts that cause images to follow the mouse pointer for years.

MS Windows has had text-to-speech built in for years also.

Nothing really new here.

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the world of stupid.

Holy crap.

Beldaran
03-26-2006, 04:43 PM
Well, I made her say penis about 5 times. Then I closed it.

EDIT: It stops working after a few times. I made her say all this perverted stuff and now I can't access it anymore. lol

Masamune
03-26-2006, 09:04 PM
Well, I made her say penis about 5 times. Then I closed it.

EDIT: It stops working after a few times. I made her say all this perverted stuff and now I can't access it anymore. lol

Rofl. That's what I did.

Beldaran
03-26-2006, 11:12 PM
If you delete your cookies, you can play with it for as long as you want.

firefly
03-26-2006, 11:18 PM
I made her say "lol" 3 times, I wasted my time, it had no sound, now I can't enter there again, *Sigh* it seems I'll have to use my other computer...
It was cool though.

EDIT: It didn't had sound because there was a sound driver problem, hopefully I fixed it.

gdorf
03-27-2006, 03:29 AM
People have been writing simple javascripts that cause images to follow the mouse pointer for years.

MS Windows has had text-to-speech built in for years also.

Nothing really new here.

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the world of stupid.

Holy crap.

This sounds much better than any of Microsoft's text-to-speech functionalities I've heard. Microsoft's always sounded like a deaf person talking to me. This site successfully emulates a range of human voices.

However, after visiting the main page I REALLY hope this doesn't become a trend. I could definately see these people popping up on pages all over the place. :(

moocow
03-27-2006, 11:19 AM
I think I've seen that thing talkign to me on a pop-up once. I personally find it to be kind of creepy.