PDA

View Full Version : How do i get freeform combos to reverse?

idontknow
03-24-2006, 10:11 PM
1) How do i get my freeform combos to reverse direction? Like if i want a soldier walking left & then it hits a designated combo, it reverses & moves right.

2) Furthermore, is there a way to change the tile or combo when it changes direction? Like if i wanted a person to face the way he/she is walking, is this currently possible?

3) And to take the first question further, is there a way to set up a 'loop' of sorts so that the freeform combo hits a spot, reverses direction, hits another spots, reverses direction & repeats? I want to make people animals walk back & forth.

jman2050
03-24-2006, 10:15 PM
use the FF Combo Attribute change combos (se them as freeform combos). This is called combo B. The combo you want to reverse direction is called combo A. Basically, when combo A crosses combo B, combo A takes on the movement information of combo B (combo B, because it's a change combo, stays in place the entire time). So just set combo B's movement information to reverse of combo A's, and when combo A crosses Combo B, combo A will reverse direction. Repeat on the other side to make it move back and forth.

Currently, there's no way to change the combo of an FF combo. But that'll b a featurein the future.

idontknow
03-24-2006, 10:29 PM
I tried it, it doesn't work. I have a chicken moving left and its supposed to hit a freeform combo with the Combo Attribute Change combo type.

jman2050
03-24-2006, 10:32 PM
are you sure the X/Y position of the freeform combo is crossing the X/Y coordinate of the FF change combo? it has to be pretty exact (in fact, it'll be more exact in later betas because of bugs that have been creeping up.

idontknow
03-24-2006, 10:40 PM
Actually, i got it--it took a few times for me to try it cuz sometimes when i entered in the variables, they wouldn't save or they would get deleted and the next time i went in to edit the freeform combos, the x & y positions were reset to 0.

Also, how come the freeform combo with the attribute change type is invisible? I understand that it should be still, but its very hard to test if you don't know where it actually is.