PDA

View Full Version : Are you away from home?

Brasel
03-24-2006, 08:19 PM
Just wanted to see who else here is away from the town or state they grew up in or call home.

I grew up in Illinois, but now I'm stationed in Georgia. I miss Illinois, its so much better than Georgia...people know how to drive back home.

Rainman
03-24-2006, 08:53 PM
I'm in college now in Pittsburgh so I suppose I'm away from home. I've become a bit less attached to my home in Sayre, PA since I've been living in Pittsburgh for the last two years, but I still consider it home. So far college dorms have felt more like camp than actual home.

Beldaran
03-24-2006, 09:20 PM
I'm from a town near Seattle and now I live in Waco Texas, going to Baylor University. Waco is some kind of ass.

moocow
03-24-2006, 10:14 PM
I'm home because I'm a loser and didn't go to college away from home. Instead I went to the community college and dropped out like a dumbass. :thumbsup:

{DSG}DarkRaven
03-24-2006, 11:20 PM
I went away to Minneapolis for a year, but then moved back to good old Michigan. Land of the free and home of the unemployed.

MacWeirdo42
03-25-2006, 07:01 AM
I grew up in Oklahoma, moved to Texas, and am now in Saint Paul for college. I'm thinking I might stay here for a while, too, but who knows?

Drunken Tiger
03-25-2006, 09:33 AM
I grew up in upstate New York, then I moved to Orangeburg, South Carolina.

Now I'm in Melbourne, Australia. But I do feel at home here, so I guess this is my home away from home.

gdorf
03-25-2006, 02:15 PM
I'm going to a community college at home. Its lame, but in the world of community colleges mine isn't bad. Anyway, its all I can afford for now.

Lilith
03-26-2006, 01:01 AM
I lived in the city of Chicago, then the country (fffff) then the suburbs. I feel most at home in cities, but I was raised by extremelly paranoid parents who basically pounded into my head that if I ever walked outside EVER, I would get kidnapped and raped because I'm omg a girl, so I'm still not very comfortable or "at home" with actually living in a city again. It's hard to explain, when I think about living in them I just get nervous that I'm going to be attacked, but I love being in them and want to live there.

Glenn the Great
03-26-2006, 01:03 AM
Lucky me, my college is almost right next door to where I have lived for the past 15 years.