PDA

View Full Version : prevent bomb drop?

MasterRyu
03-24-2006, 08:15 PM
I don't know if this is a bug, but for some reason, enemies in 2.10 are dropping bombs before the first bomb is found - is there some setting to prevent this?

Nimono
03-24-2006, 08:18 PM
I don't know if this is a bug, but for some reason, enemies in 2.10 are dropping bombs before the first bomb is found - is there some setting to prevent this?
Yes. If you're playing 2.10test, open the quest file, go to Init. Data and set the Max. Bombs to 8. While you're there, give yourself 8 units of magic.

MasterRyu
03-24-2006, 08:33 PM
actually, I am working on a custom quest, and am using 2.10 windows version, and max bombs is set to 8 in init data but this behavior still occurs.

Nimono
03-24-2006, 08:40 PM
actually, I am working on a custom quest, and am using 2.10 windows version, and max bombs is set to 8 in init data but this behavior still occurs.
So, you want to have the item "Bombs", but you can't get them from enemies until yuo get the item? There's only two ways:
A: Set the Max. Bombs in Init. Data to 0 and have the player buy their first bombs from the rom type "More Bombs".
B: Don't use enemies that drop bombs. Black Moblins, Darknuts, and Blue Octoroks are examples.

firefly
03-24-2006, 09:29 PM
You can do what pikaguy said, place enemies that give bombs, like Gibdos, then make a room "more bombs", you can use it to simulate a shop that sells bomb bags, then, after you get the "bomb bag" you'll be able to get bombs from the enemies.

Petoe
03-25-2006, 12:08 AM
Edit: Ah, nevermind... *post deleted*

Nicholas Steel
03-25-2006, 12:12 AM

he wants to prevent enemies from dropping bombs till he picks up a pre placed bomb.