PDA

View Full Version : Need help with Lens of Truth

alfinchkid
03-24-2006, 03:29 PM
What are "Lens Marker Flags"? I tried to include them on blocks to hide a path you can only go through with the lens, but all that happens is it flickers yellow. Why is it doing this?

Nimono
03-24-2006, 03:31 PM
What are "Lens Marker Flags"? I tried to include them on blocks to hide a path you can only go through with the lens, but all that happens is it flickers yellow. Why is it doing this?
Read the help readme. If that doesn't help (which it most likely won't), then I have no idea what it's for. Not even I know, which is why I don't use them.

Pineconn
03-24-2006, 05:01 PM
Actually, that's all it does. You can use them to outline a pushable block, for instance. (I never use them anymore, so it's up to you.)

alfinchkid
03-24-2006, 05:07 PM
Wow.
That sucks. I can't use that at all for what I want to do... thanks though.

alfinchkid
03-24-2006, 05:10 PM
Wait. Maybe I can make it show where there is walkable floor abomg a maze of blocks. Ok, I know what I want to do...

LinkMaster500
03-24-2006, 06:41 PM
Alfinchkid, please use the edit button to edit a posting rather than double posting.

Pineconn
03-24-2006, 11:42 PM
That's generally when it is used. I never used it more than that, but now, I use secret combo Lens hints. Instead of using flag 14 Lens Marker Flag where you can walk, make two combos: a tile, and the similar tile but damaging. Make a maze with the damage combo, and put flag 16 over every damage combo. Make secret combo 16 spikes. When someone uses the LoT in that room, spikes will appear where the damage combo is.

Nimono
03-25-2006, 03:55 PM
That's generally when it is used. I never used it more than that, but now, I use secret combo Lens hints. Instead of using flag 14 Lens Marker Flag where you can walk, make two combos: a tile, and the similar tile but damaging. Make a maze with the damage combo, and put flag 16 over every damage combo. Make secret combo 16 spikes. When someone uses the LoT in that room, spikes will appear where the damage combo is.
Or, as an alternative, put Secret Combo 1 (Secret Flag 16) as ANY tile (maybe some floors that are normal), and put Flag 16 on the safe spots.