PDA

View Full Version : Idea for Push Blocks as Freeform Combos

idontknow
03-24-2006, 09:44 AM
What if somehow there were a way for Freeform combos to not move until after it is pushed? Once you push it, it moves in the direction you push it in with the appropriate speed & acceleration according to the values you set. This way, you could make 'ice blocks' that slide until they hit something. Perhaps this could be a combo type or a check box in the freeform combo editor. These combos would also require inherent push flags in order to be pushed then.

Things you could do with this:
--Ice Blocks, where they slide into each other or slide until they hit something solid and you have to push them on all block triggers.
--Boulders & other things you could push off a cliff, or into water

punkonjunk1024
03-24-2006, 12:21 PM
or you know, simply just an "ice block" and "ice" combo would be nice - something that causes link to SLIDE.

Seriously, I would love that. *puppy eyes at jman and DN*

ShadowTiger
03-24-2006, 12:57 PM
Hey, there's Ice in ALTTP, and since (I think.) the code for ALTTP Style Link movement is based directly off of ALTTP, ... ...

Yes, it would be very nice. :p Great for puzzles.

Of course, you'd need two types of ice. Normal ice, and Super Ice, where you can't stop moving until you hit either an unwalkable combo, or a non-super ice combo, or an enemy, in which case you bounce back.

punkonjunk1024
03-24-2006, 01:35 PM
Yeah. Slick ice and ice. That would be so badass... That, and roc's feather, and ZC is officially awesome. Not that its not now.

idontknow
03-24-2006, 01:36 PM
While great ideas, you guys are totally shying away from the original topic.

I meant 'ice blocks' like the ones in OoT, although these blocks don't even have to be ice blocks...they could be anything--they are simply blocks that you push once & then they keep moving until they hit something solid or perhaps until they hit a block trigger combo.

WindStrike
03-26-2006, 05:35 PM
You know how when you push a block, it puts this mark behind it (saw it on snort's master quest from beta 5)? Well, any chance you can have it create a conveyor belt combo and let that keep sliding? Only problem I see with that is that the effect would be too late AND the fact that the conveyor belt type combo still remains, so you would also be affected by it. Just a hunch, or something, I dunno...

Cloral
03-27-2006, 06:06 PM
But what if the block was pushable from more than 1 side? You couldn't handle that with conveyors.