PDA

View Full Version : Layers color problem...!

Bull Bizard
03-24-2006, 04:49 AM
I've make layers for a ghost forest to have Rain and put a Color like night.

But the result in the editor is different as the one in the game :(
How can I fix that ?
(I prefer the one in the editor.)

Editor screen :
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i258/Kroda_/zeldafort.jpg

Game screen :
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i258/Kroda_/zeldafort2.jpg

Rakki
03-24-2006, 05:02 AM
You have to make sure that the Dmap of that area uses the same palette number as the ZQuest screen does. To do this, go to Quest -> Dmaps, then edit the one which you use for that area (or if you've only used 1 Dmap so far, then you'll have to create a new one), click the appearance tab and set the palette to the number which those colors, in ZQuest, use.

Bull Bizard
03-24-2006, 05:31 AM
When you say "edit the one which you use for that area " you mean the area of the forest (on the overwold Map1) or the area of "transparence" (located in Map2 Dmap10) ?

In fact, if I anderstand, I must put the color "overwold" in the transparence sceen Dmap like in my Overwold... That's it ?:confused:

Rakki
03-24-2006, 05:40 AM
Actually, you'll need to put it in the appearance of both the forest AND layer dmaps. They have to have the same palette number (like C4 for example) as the palette number you drew that screen in in ZQuest. Just go to Data -> Palette to see which palette that screen is set to.

Oh, and if that forest doesn't use it's own Dmap yet, you're going to have to do that to maintain the overworld colors in the other screens of the overworld.

Bull Bizard
03-24-2006, 05:51 AM
Ok so I have to make a Dmap for the forest ! :)
Ok, I'll go and check in the 2.10test file how it's done to do this ! Thanks !

EDIT : Oh... it doesn't look good... there is no changes. :(
I've the palette number 2 to each screen (the rain, the blue ambiance and the map forest). I've put color "overworld" in the dmap "transparency"...
I haven't done a dmap for the forest yet, it is the key ??

ShadowTiger
03-24-2006, 10:30 AM
Remember, what you see in ZQuest isn't necessarily what you'll see in ZC while playing the quest. You can change a screen's palette at any time just to test out what it'll look like. You can change the same screen from gray to black to purple to green and back again without changing what it looks like when you actually play the quest. Think of it as a preview mode, AND as an organizational tool to group areas together on the map, so you can differentiate between them at a glance at ZQuest's minimap in the lower left hand corner.

So, on the screen in ZQuest, press "F4" and note the number of the Palette you're looking at. Now, go into the Dmap editor and into the Dmap for the area you're referring to, and go to "Appearance," and change the Palette to that number you just saw when you pressed "F4." That should fix it.

Bull Bizard
03-24-2006, 11:41 AM
It's fixed ! :)

Thank you guys !