PDA

View Full Version : 2nd quest ??

Bull Bizard
03-24-2006, 04:27 AM
I want to make it possible to have a "2nd quest" of my game.

I've tried this with a mini quest... When I restart after the ending, Link is at the beginning of the overworld but he has every item and equipement and all the events are already switched...

So, can I change this "continue" as a all new quest ?

Rakki
03-24-2006, 04:58 AM
The only way to do that is to rename your first quest as "1st.qst" and the second one as "2nd.qst." You won't be able to submit them anywhere like that, however, since custom quests are meant to be custom, not replacements for the 1st and 2nd quests (which is the ONLY way to do this, currently).

Bull Bizard
03-24-2006, 05:35 AM
Oh thanks !
You think it's possible to submit it with an other name like Blabla.qst and ask the gamers to change it before playing ?

Rakki
03-24-2006, 05:41 AM
Well yeah, it'll be accepted if it has a unique name, but don't expect everyone to rename the quests as 1st and 2nd.qst. People are lazy. :p

Bull Bizard
03-24-2006, 05:49 AM
Yeah... So the lazy people could only play the 1st quest...
I don't want to make just a new quest like in LOZ but a sequel to the first.

I have to make to .qst files like Blabla.qst and Blabla2.qst and it must be rename as 1st.qst and 2nd.qst ?
But with this gamers can start directly the 2nd ???

EDIT : I try to do that but it does'nt work :(
First I put the files 1st and 2nd in a special folder : doesn't work.
After, I put them in the Main Folder and eraze the originals 1st and 2nd : Doesn't work again.
When I finish the 1st, it says "you beat a custom quest" and when I press start the slot hasn't changed (Link is not holding his sword).

firefly
03-24-2006, 07:18 PM
mmm... I didn't understand well... You have to rename blabla.qst into 1st.qst, and blabla2.qst into 2nd.qst.

alfinchkid
03-24-2006, 09:17 PM
Change the Quest Numbers under Heading to 1 for blahblah.qst and 2 for blahblah2.qst. Hven't tried it myself, but from my experiences (trying to load it without entering a code name), it's a special quest, that only has access via name (Default, ZELDA, and ALPHA). Custom Quests are quests who's quest number is 0 (can be read normally), and standard quests have a higher number, like 1, 2, and 3. These need the keywords. Try that.

firefly
03-24-2006, 09:31 PM
Yes, about the bug..., if you do this every time someone tries to continue to the second "blabla.qst" they will get the infamous contine bug (Link starts at the top left corner)...

Rakki
03-25-2006, 06:05 AM
People, there isn't a way to do this right now. Quest type 1, 2 and 3 just defines the original quests (and the ZC third quest) as 1st, 2nd and 3rd. The only thing you'll accomplish by giving your quest one of those numbers is being unable to load it as a custom quest, because 0 is the number for custom quests. No matter what you name your quests (aside from ONLY "1st.qst" and "2nd.qst"), you'll still have to load them separately as regular custom quests.

Bull Bizard
03-25-2006, 04:46 PM
Change the Quest Numbers under Heading to 1 for blahblah.qst and 2 for blahblah2.qst.
If I anderstand, I must write 1 in the header for the quest number (for the first) and 2 (for the 2nd).

I will try :) It's very important to me to do that 2nd quest !

It's a little confusing for me, I don't anderstand everything but thanks for your helps !