PDA

View Full Version : Beta 11 progress

jman2050
03-23-2006, 10:31 PM
Just because I felt like it.

ZC Beta 11 list

1. Fixed a bug where freeform inherent trigger flags sometimes wouldn't trigger.
2. Fixed a bug where entering data into the decimal data fields of the freeform combos dialog would sometimes produce garbage data when reopened.
3. Fixed the bug where stepping on groups of step->next combos would cause some combos to change to later combos than it should. Also changed the behavior of step->next somewhat. The main difference is that when in a group of step->next or related combos, only the combo at the center of link gets affected.
4. I believe i fixed the importing of .zqs (strings) files. However, with this change it has becme difficult if not impossible to import older .zqs files.

Short list? Come on, it's only been a day :P

Nicholas Steel
03-23-2006, 11:27 PM
awesome work... cant wait for next beta to be released.

Jigglysaint
03-24-2006, 12:03 AM
Keep up the good work. I am especially enjoying FF combos. In fact, I just created my first custom blade trap. I've got an idea though to make placement of FF combos better. How about instead of an X and Y field, there is a button called Set Co-ordinates, and you can place the combo with a sqare(except with more percision), or even the cursor. Also, maybe instead of the speed being x and y, it could be more like left/right, up/down. Not much really, just make it more user friendly. Also, maybe FF combo changes don't have to actually appear in game, but having a graphic to see in the editor could be handy.

Shoelace
03-24-2006, 03:41 AM
I think you guys are going a great job. ZC has never been upgrading so quickly. I know that you guys are waiting for the enemies to be finished before the final version is released, and I will be cheering you on.

Great job jman and DN.

WindStrike
03-25-2006, 11:32 AM
Just a lil' question: How many betas do you think there are going to be before the real 2.11 is actually released?

jman2050
03-25-2006, 03:31 PM
5. Fixed a crippling bug whih would occur if you opened the string editor in certain quests upon opening ZQ, which would cause the entire cmbo data to be overwritten with garbage data.
6. Added a new quest rule, "Rings Affect Damage Combos", and changed the behavior of the same-named screen flag to that of a toggle for the quest rule.
7. Fixed many bugs relating to strings and the string editor.
8. Added the ability to see string numbers in the string editor when you choose a string to edit.
9. Made the exactness neccesary to cross an FFC change combo much more exact. A more forgiving range was causing too many bugs, especially regarding linking.
10. Tweaked the all triggers->16-31 screen flag. now it only takes effect when you actually hit a trigger flag. Before, other methods of triggering secrets (for example, the trigger permanent combo type) would not trigger secrets 16-31 if there were triggers on screen. now they will.
11. In the freeform combo dialog and secret combo dialog (and maybe other dialogs), holding alt+left-click will set a secret combo/freeform combo to the currently selected combo and cset. Holding left shift+left-click will increase the current combo, left shift+right click will decrease the combo count, right shift+left click will increase the cset, and right shift+right click will decrease the cset

WindStrike
03-25-2006, 05:53 PM
Rings affect Damage Combos eh? ..... .. ... . ... .
Sweet dude! (ok, so it ain't that big, but its good enough).
Now, the only thing we need now with the take damage combo is taking damage without knockback, hehehe...

Questwizard88
03-25-2006, 06:16 PM
Now, the only thing we need now with the take damage combo is taking damage without knockback, hehehe...

I second that. It could be useful in some places.

Nimono
03-25-2006, 06:20 PM
I second that. It could be useful in some places.
I agree, especially when "those places" are areas where the environment damages you (i.e, the heat inside a volcano damages you as long as you're in it, like in OoT).

Praethus
03-25-2006, 07:07 PM
I already suggested this to jman in chat, and I think he's looking into it.

Exdeath
03-26-2006, 03:07 AM
I agree, especially when "those places" are areas where the environment damages you (i.e, the heat inside a volcano damages you as long as you're in it, like in OoT).

Darth Pikachu's Master Quest Chapter 1 has a place where you use Naryu's Love to cross a damage combo area, and the knockback is annoying. The flag you propose would be very useful for situations like that.

firefly
03-26-2006, 11:24 AM
Then this should be a screen flag, if this is a quest rule you could be able to easily cross over spikes.

Praethus
03-26-2006, 12:09 PM
I agree that it should be a screen flag over a quest rule, because different situations call for different behavior.

Petoe
03-26-2006, 01:52 PM
Yes, it definitely SHOULD be a screen flag over a quest rule!

jman2050
03-26-2006, 08:38 PM
12. Added to freeform combos somewhat. First off, there are 4 new fields: combo Width, Combo Height, Tile Width, and Tile Height.

Combo Width/Combo height - Dictates a freeform combo's area of effect. By default, it's set to 16x16, which is the normal size of a combo. It can be anywhere from 1x1 to 64x64. Now it's truly possible to make, for example, variable sized damage combos.
Tile Width/Tile Height - Dictates the visible number of tiles to draw. It's set to 1x1 by default, which means it draws the tile dictated by the combo. 2x1, for example, will draw a 2x1 area of tiles from the tile sheet.

Also, there are now freeform combo flags. As you'll note, some flags can be applied to any freeform combo, while others only apply to FF change combos.

Draw Over - Draws the FFC between layers 5 and 6 instead of layers 1 and 2
Translucent - Self explanatory
Swap next/Swap previous - (FF change only) When an FFC crosses this combo, the FF change combo will swap it's movement info with the next or previous FFC in the list. So if an FFC crosses over combo #15 with the swap next flag checked, it'll swap it's movement info with FFC #16.
Change Next/ Change previous - (FF chage only) When an FFC crosses this combo, the FF change combo will change the FFC that crossed over it to the next or previous combo definition (not FFC, the combo itself). Can be used to change the combo's appearance and affect when it changes direction.

ShadowTiger
03-26-2006, 09:25 PM
Nice additions, jman. :) We miss you in chat. ^-^ Still, ...

... ... ... So, ... ... when might we have the chance to see a protractor implemented into the screen? :blah: The mathematically challenged (... Me. :sweat: ) are quaking in their boots. Trying to figure out how to do those ALTTP Large boulders, and wracking my head over the math.

firefly
03-26-2006, 09:41 PM
Wow, great additions jman, now what I think you should add is a way to preview Freeform combos in Zquest.
If you can't, this can wait...

idontknow
03-26-2006, 10:17 PM
You can preview freeform combos: Press 'C' to make them move or stop them in their tracks (doing so also starts or stops combo cycling)

Further Suggestions:
--An Option to allow ff attribute change combos to actually be seen, instead of invisible so you know where they are & can be placed properly.
--Get rid of a bug which sometimes clears the data in the freeform combo variables when you go to edit it, or when you click in one of the box.
--Get rid of the 2nd decimal & all those 0s. Why are those neccessary?

firefly
03-26-2006, 10:28 PM
--Get rid of the 2nd decimal & all those 0s. Why are those neccessary?
I think it's already fixed. (In Beta 11)

idontknow
03-26-2006, 10:30 PM
Cool--i thought of one more:

A screen flag or something that saves the position of freeform combos so after you leave & come back, it will be wherever it stopped when you had left. Perhaps good for making characters so that they dont seem to walk around & then magically seem to restart.