PDA

View Full Version : Tiles: Transparent, Opaque... How?

Chkn Boy
03-23-2006, 03:59 PM
How do I make some of my tiles opaque and transparent?

P.S. - Thanks for all the help guys. You guys make ZQ easy. :)

Nimono
03-23-2006, 04:01 PM
How do I make some of my tiles opaque and transparent?

P.S. - Thanks for all the help guys. You guys make ZQ easy. :)
Layers. Just put them on layers and check the "Transparent" box. If you want not-so-much-transparent-but-not-solid-looking-either, put the same screen on 2 or more layers. Of course, if the tile is supposed to be unwalkable, you only have 2 layers to use-1 and 2, since they're the only ones that look for walkability. If you're wanting a combo, just put the combo as regular ground.

rocksfan13
03-23-2006, 04:02 PM
Transparent tiles are tiles that use the color that has the "X".

ShadowTiger
03-23-2006, 04:03 PM
Tiles can be Transparent if you've placed them on a layer and told that layer to be Transparent. Take a look at Data-->Layers, and notice the Transparent Checkbox. Whatever tiles are on that screen that you refer to will be transparent for that layer.

(BTW, Layer 1 and 2 are Under link but over any combos you lay down in ZQuest's main screen. 3 and 4 are above link but under flying enemies, and 5 and 6 are above all those.) So rain effects would go on Layer 6, while clouds would go on layer 5, you'd think. ... Though you can certainly work it differently though if you want. It's really up to you. :p (That's what ZQuest is, in fact.)

Of course, tile transparency is different from real transparency. There's a transparent pixel that you can color in tiles with, and when you put that tile with that "color" transparency drawn on it, (Such as the corners of a tree you can see past.) when you put that tree on a layer, (Without checking transparency, though that has nothing to do with what I'm takling about now.) you can see right through those transparent pixels.

Go to Quest-->Graphics-->Tiles and edit any tile. Look in the box of 4x4 colors in the bottom. The upper left color is that transparent color.

Chkn Boy
03-23-2006, 04:16 PM
Wow, you guys are fast. Maybe I missed it, but how do I make stuff opaque?

Nimono
03-23-2006, 04:20 PM
Wow, you guys are fast. Maybe I missed it, but how do I make stuff opaque?
I think you missed that, but I don't really know what opaque means...

Chkn Boy
03-23-2006, 04:24 PM
No, I didn't miss it. No one said how, but I was mistaken. Opaque means NOT transparent or translucent, so just not checking the transparent box off would make it opague. :S

ShadowTiger
03-23-2006, 07:40 PM
Everything is already opaque. :p