PDA

View Full Version : Souls of Wisdom

Cole
03-23-2006, 06:06 AM
http://www.savefile.com/files3.php?fid=1419910

Here's a playable version of Souls of Wisdom. I hope you enjoy what this demo has to offer, and do please read the 'readme' document for further information.

The completed quest will be ready ASAP

Thank you

diannew
03-23-2006, 08:03 AM
Can't open the quest in either 210 or 192.

elise
03-23-2006, 10:31 AM
you can open it in 211b10
You can download that in the 211 forums
http://www.armageddongames.net/showthread.php?t=90670

elise
03-24-2006, 03:11 PM
How far does this Demo really go , I am now on the point that I have everything to go and play the triforce Dungeons but after walking and walking and more walking over the overworld I get the feeling I can't in the Demo

Cole
03-24-2006, 06:13 PM
In the Pyramid of Power, Zelda tells you where the Triforces are located, the first is in the Fire Temple.

Before you go there, you have to visit the well north of the town, which you will find inside the item needed to push blocks around the dark world.

The demo will end as soon as you enter the fire temple.

elise
03-24-2006, 08:31 PM
yeah I have that from the well so guess the demo is over ;)
it's gonna be a nice one had a good time playing it:thumbsup:

WindStrike
03-25-2006, 11:21 AM
You know, this is probably the first quest I have played in several months that ISN'T boring at all. It's quite fun, though the overworld could use some work if you want to make it REALLY good. Good enough though. I really like the dungeon layouts so far, even though I can't get past level 2 (Started off on ice, then to fire, then to ice, and then to fire, but I couldn't figure out anything past that). Help please? Oh, and just a note, if you are going to have dungeons that are freeform like these, make them cave dmaps or something - Reason why: In dungeon dmaps, everytime you enter another screen, it will push you 2 spaces foreward by default, which explains the fact that when entering a screen with the raft, you walk, and then get back on the raft. I read that stuff elsewhere, but oh well. Mind adding Z3 movement, or do you just not like it. I'm fine without it, but it would be nice to have it. Anyways, still need some help.

Cole
03-28-2006, 07:16 PM
In the North of the dungeon, you go from Fire, to Ice, back to fire, and raft to the south. It's very buggy here, I got a few things to test to make things function correctly here. Once you keep going south, you find a room filled with enemies, once killing the enemies you get your first bombs and it tells you to bomb to the west.

However a small glitch opens up here which I discovered from the beginning, but I am not taking it 100% serious until the official version.

Lets just say, when you kill the enemies, bombs appear, you are trapped in the room. However an arrow appears showing you where you must blow up the wall. But if one uses up all his bombs and ignores the wall, you are forever trapped. That bug will be fixed in the official version.

As for the overworld. If you noticed a little bit, much of the overworld is designed from the template of Zelda 1. I am trying to recreate the original Legend of Zelda in my own unique image. Something that reminds people of the past, but at the same time, takes them on a whole new quest.

I also noticed that after playing this game for some time. I tried Zelda 1 which my friend owned, and I can't help but missing Karkariko Village as I head east! lol The world of Zelda 1 just seems so different after you play my game. Anyways, I hope that helps. Must go.