PDA

View Full Version : Zelda Classic 2.11 Beta 10

jman2050
03-22-2006, 01:11 PM
Get it here:

Windows: Zelda Classic 2.11 beta 10 Windows (FULL) (http://jman2050.armageddongames.net/ZCBeta/zc211b10.zip) - The Support Pack + Beta 10. NOT 10b. Download the files below for that.
Zelda Classic 2.11 beta 10b Windows (EXE) (http://jman2050.armageddongames.net/ZCBeta/zc211b10b.zip) - Once you've downloaded the files above, unzip those, then unzip this file into the same folder and when it asks you to overwrite anything, click yes to all.
ZC 2.11 Beta 10b Full & Pre-Prepared (http://users.sephiroth.ws/ST/zc/ZC211Beta10bFull.zip) - For those of you who aren't as familiar with ZC, I've packaged the full ZC 2.11 Beta 10b pack, entirely pre-prepared, ready to play. Unzip it into a new folder, preferably c:\ZC 211\, though any subfolder of that will do, then simply doubleclick the zquest-w.exe or zelda-w.exe icons.

Linux: Zelda Classic 2.11 beta 10b Linux (FULL) (http://jman2050.armageddongames.net/ZCBeta/zc211b10b.tar.gz)

ZC Beta 10 list:

1. Fixed the bug where the buttons to choose green square warp points and flags in the ZQ panels was misaligned.
2. Finally fixed the bug where garbage combos would appear when reloading certain quests after reloading other quests.
3. Fixed the bug where the subscreen type wouldn't update itself if you died and continued in a different dmap type.
4. Fixed the bug where, when checking if the green square continue point was 0,0, it was using the screen you were warping from instead of the screen you are warping to.
5. Fixed the bug where the whistle warp edit dialog and the warp ring edit dialog would crash ZQuest.
6. Slow walk combos now affect Link again.
7. New quest rule: Scrolling Warps Don't Continue. Scrolling warps across different dmaps no longer set the continue point. WIll be turned on for all quests below version 1.93b3 by default.
8. Fixed another bug that caused flags 16-31 as inherent flags to show up improperly.
9. Fixed the bug in ZQ where it would sometimes hand before the menu is drawn
10. Fixed the bug where bombable doors could be bombed open on cave dmaps.
11. Two new screen flags: Treat as Cave room, and Treat as dungeon room. Makes the current room behave as such, regardless of whether the dmap is a dungeon or not. So you could, for example, have a room with shutters inside a cave dmap, and a room with permanent secrets in a dungeon dmap.
12. Two new flags: Singular and Singular +16-31. An interesting flag. If it is in the same spot (remember, there can be two flags in one spot now because of inherent flags) as one of the trigger flags (strike, burn, bomb, etc.), then the trigger doesn't affect all secret flags on screen like the normal behavior, only the flag hit. SIngular(+16-31) does the same thing, except triggering it also affects flags 16-31. Thus, it's now possible to do things like having four seperate torches that can be lit in any order.
13. Fixed the bug that would prevent the sword and hammer from triggering their corresponding inherent trigger flags
14. Fixed the bug where you couldn't use the ladder over direct warps B-R, swim warps B-D, and dive warps B-D.
15. Fixed the bug that would prevent Link from starting the hookshot over a hookshot only combo
16. Fixed a bug that would cause enemies to spawn and walk on top of Direct warps B-R.
17. Fixed the bug where the game wouldn't recognize Swim Warps B-D and Dive warps B-D as water.
18. Fixed the bug in Z3-movement where if you had the ladder and flippers in a dungeon dmap or 'use ladder' room, the ladder would appear before you get to enter the water.
19. Octorok 3's no longer show up in the enemy selection list (until they are finished).
20. Boulders now use the correct tiles.
21. Fire enemies now animate at the correct speed.
22. Fixed the bug with Ganon initially being drawn with tile 0, 1, 20, and 21.
23. Ganon can now use the new enemy tiles (not complete use, though).
24. Hit detection on Dodongos is now fixed.
25. Dodongos no longer fly left when killed.
26. Level-specific keys: Keys can now be kept track of on a level-by-level basis (keep in mind, not a dmap by dmap basis). The normal key item operates exactly like it has operated. A new item, "Level-specific key" increases the key amount of the current level number you're in. Key doors will by default look for a key gained in that level. If it finds noen, it'll then look for a normal key to use. Useful for keys that you only want to work in a specific dungeon.
27. Changed the font used to identify the values of csets, combo types, and flags in ZQ to be smaller. Values over 100 shouldn't cut off now.
28. Changed the way flags display in ZQ. Now, a normal flag's value is displayed in the top left corner of a flag, while an inherent flag's value is displayed in the bottom left. If both a normal and inherent flag occupy the same space, you can now see the values of both at the same time.
29. Fixed the bug where Scrts Disable Timed Warp screen flag wouldn't work.
30. Sort of fixed the bug where fairies would produce the boss roar some times.
31. Fixed the bug where setting the speed or frames value for the boomerang weapon sprite would cause the normal boomerang to act like a magic boomerang.
32. Fixed a bug that would cause enemies to move in random directions if they couldn't move anywhere normally.
33. Added screen data for damage combo sensitivity. It can be set from 1 to 8, 1 meaning it's the least sensitive (a 2x2 pixel area in the center of Link's hitbox). 8 means all of Link's hitbox is affected by a damage combo. It is set to 1 by default. Experiment with the value to find the best value to use.
34. Two new screen flags: 'Continue here' and 'Don't continue here'. Continue here means that this screen is set as the continue point upon entry. Don't continue here means that if the screen would normally be set as a continue point (either via entrance/exit or scrolling warp), it won't set it. You should have much more control over the behavior of continuing in your quest.
35. Another new screen flag: All Triggers->Perm Secrets. This means that the permanent secrets flag for a room will NOT be set until the room has been cleared of trigger flags (bomb flags, burn flags, etc.) Used in conjunction with singular flags, this makes it so that a secret will not be permanent until, say, all torches have been lit.
36. In conjunction with the previous screen flag, another one: All triggers->16-31. Makes it so that Singular+16-31 flags will not trigger flags 16-31 as they should until the room is clear of trigger flags.
37. new flag and new combo type: No enemy. Both of these dictate that an enemy will not go into that combo, as if it were a solid combo (or no jump/no fly zone combos for the applicable enemy).
38. New quest rule: Smart Screen Boundaries. Makes it so that the engine will automatically check the next screen for walkability before scrolling when Link hits the edge. Should prevent bugs that cause Link to get stuck when scrolling into a solid combo.
39. New combos: 'Block Arrow (Wooden)', 'Block Arrow (Wood+Silver)', 'Block Arrow (All)', 'Block Brang (Wooden)', 'Block Brang (Wood+Magic)', 'Block Brang (All)', 'Block Sword Beam', 'Block All', 'and Block Fireballs'. Also, 'Magic Sponge' has been renamed to 'Block Magic' for consistencies' sake.
40. Fixed the bug wher you could still shoot sword beams if you've lost a quarter of a heart when the quarter heart rule is on.
41. new combos: 'Damage (8 hearts)', 'Damage (16 hearts)', and 'Damage (32 hearts)'.
42. New screen flag: Rings Affect Damage Combos. Makes it so rings afffect the damage caused by damage combos.
43. New feature: Freeform combos. Basically, you have 32 extra combo slots to work with on a given screen. They can be given X and Y position data, X and Y speed data, and X and Y acceleration data. All of the movement and position data can be decimal values for precision movement. Additionally, you can link combos together. If a freeform combo is linked to another freeform combo, it will copy the movements of that combo. This way you can make a giant 2x2 tile boulder simply by filling in the movement data for one freeform combo, then link the 3 other freeform combos to that first one. Freeform combos currently do not use solidity data, it can't hold normal flags (it WILL however use inherent flags), the only combo types that actually work are all the warp combos, and possibly the raft combos and flags, though i wouldn't recommend using raft combos and flags with this. The fairy flags and the zelda flag should also work, as well as damage combos. Also, using inherent trigger flags should also work as well, allowing you to do stuff like make moving arrow targets. Also note that a freeform combo must have a nonzero combo defined to be valid, or it wont save the other information.
44. Along wit freeform combos comes a new combo type: FF combo attribute change. Basically, this only works when placed as a freeform combo. if a freeform combo's X/Y movement crosses the X/Y position of a change combo, the freeform combo will take on the movement properties of the change combo it crosses. This is so you can make freeform combos that move left, cross into a change combo that has movement for moving right so that it can move right, then cross a change combo for movement going left, etc. Additionally, if the change combo has an inherent flag of 16-31, then when a freeform combo crosses it, it'll change to the combo specified by the secret flag. You can thus make it change to another change combo with different movement data. Experiment with ths combo to see what kind of movement results you can bring. it's technically possible to do complex stuff like oval movement with the right setup, but it can get complicated.
45. One more new screen flag: FF combos wrap around. Normally, if an FF combo goes far enough off-screen, it'll become inactive. This makes it so it wraps around to the other side instead.
46. Finally, fixed the bug where pushing a block with an inherent push flag would increase the combo number of the block. Hopefully.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD BACK UP YOUR QUESTS. OH YEAH, YOUR SAVES WILL BE WIPED. AGAIN.

Linux and OS X versions will come in the near future.

I'm releasing beta 10b now because 1) We have something special planned for beta 1) and 2) I felt it was necessary. Overwrite beta 10 and you should be fine... hopefully. Use at your own risk.

List of changes

1. Fixed a bug where freeform inherent trigger flags sometimes wouldn't trigger.
2. Fixed a bug where entering data into the decimal data fields of the freeform combos dialog would sometimes produce garbage data when reopened.
3. Fixed the bug where stepping on groups of step->next combos would cause some combos to change to later combos than it should. Also changed the behavior of step->next somewhat. The main difference is that when in a group of step->next or related combos, only the combo at the center of link gets affected.
4. I believe i fixed the importing of .zqs (strings) files. However, with this change it has becme difficult if not impossible to import older .zqs files.
5. Fixed a crippling bug whih would occur if you opened the string editor in certain quests upon opening ZQ, which would cause the entire cmbo data to be overwritten with garbage data.
6. Added a new quest rule, "Rings Affect Damage Combos", and changed the behavior of the same-named screen flag to that of a toggle for the quest rule.
7. Fixed many bugs elating to strings and the string editor.
8. Added the ability to see string umbers in the string editor when you choose a string to edit.
9. Made the exactness neccesary to cross an FFC change combo much more exact. A more forgiving range was causing too many bugs, especially regarding linking.
10. Tweaked the all triggers->16-31 screen flag. now it only takes effect when you actually hit a trigger flag. Before, other methods of triggering secrets (for example, the trigger permanent combo type) would not trigger secrets 16-31 if there were triggers on screen. now they will.
11. In the freeform combo dialog and secret combo dialog (and maybe other dialogs), holding alt+left-click will set a secret combo/freeform combo to the currently selected combo and cset. Holding left shift+left-click will increase the current combo, left shift+right click will decrease the combo count, right shift+left click will increase the cset, and right shift+right click will decrease the cset
12. Added to freeform combos somewhat. First off, there are 4 new fields: combo Width, Combo Height, Tile Width, and Tile Height.

Combo Width/Combo height - Dictates a freeform combo's area of effect. By default, it's set to 16x16, which is the normal size of a combo. It can be anywhere from 1x1 to 64x64. Now it's truly possible to make, for example, variable sized damage combos.
Tile Width/Tile Height - Dictates the visible number of tiles to draw. It's set to 1x1 by default, which means it draws the tile dictated by the combo. 2x1, for example, will draw a 2x1 area of tiles from the tile sheet.

Also, there are now freeform combo flags. As you'll note, some flags can be applied to any freeform combo, while others only apply to FF change combos.

Draw Over - Draws the FFC between layers 5 and 6 instead of layers 1 and 2
Translucent - Self explanatory
Swap next/Swap previous - (FF change only) When an FFC crosses this combo, the FF change combo will swap it's movement info with the next or previous FFC in the list. So if an FFC crosses over combo #15 with the swap next flag checked, it'll swap it's movement info with FFC #16.
Change Next/ Change previous - (FF chage only) When an FFC crosses this combo, the FF change combo will change the FFC that crossed over it to the next or previous combo definition (not FFC, the combo itself). Can be used to change the combo's appearance and affect when it changes direction.
13. Tweaked the Warp detection again. Now Link won't be able detect a warp in a room with a string until the string has completed. Before, there was a small window of opportunity for Link to trigger a warp before a string finished.
14. Added a new element to the combo definition: Skip animation. Basically, whatever you set this to will cause the combo animation to skip that number of iles when it goes to its next tile of animation. This makes it so animation can go by 2 or 3 tiles instead of incrementally like before. this should allow for better organization of animation of large objects. Plus, it's the only real way to allow tile animation for large FF combos to work correctly.
15. made an internal change to the way secrets are handled. The only visible difference will be that, in the screen data menu, 'Secrets' and 'Door up' are now seperated in the no carry/no reset section. Oh yeah, and it'll render your current saves unusable. Again.
16. Fixed a bug where triggering trigger flags on layers wouldn't work anymore.
17. Added two more flags to FF combos: carry-over and change to this(FF change only). carry-over will carry-over that FF combo to the same slot in the next screen when you warp or scroll screens. Change to this is used in FF change combos. When an FF combo crosses over a change combo with this flag, it'll also take on the combo and cset of the change combo. One interesting thing you can do is that you can combine this with the change next and change previous flags. So you could make it so the change combo changes the FFC that crosses it into one combo, whic them immediately getsincremented to the next one all in the same operation. It'll be useful, trust me.
18. Added a screen flag, 'No FF carryover'. Makes it so the carryover describes in the last description doesn't take place.
19. FF change combos are now represented in ZQ with colorful pixels denoting their location.

DON'T USE PREVIOUS SAVES OR BAD HINGS WILL HAPPEN. AND REMEMBER TO BACK UP EVERYTHING!!!

Linux build added.

Nimono
03-22-2006, 01:25 PM
FINALLY! I was wondering when combos would be made that block projectiles! And they finally have been made! Too bad I'd rather wait for a more bug-free release to be made. I'd like to be able to play all other quests I downloaded... So, are there any major bugs with this beta?

jman2050
03-22-2006, 01:29 PM
We won't know if there's any major bugs until people test it. I'm almost positive a major bug got in there somewhere, but what do i know?

Nimono
03-22-2006, 01:37 PM
We won't know if there's any major bugs until people test it. I'm almost positive a major bug got in there somewhere, but what do i know?
Oh yeah... Good point. Maybe I'll get it if it's safe enough to play downloaded quests on it...

rocksfan13
03-22-2006, 01:46 PM
Very well done jman! Next question:I'm sure it's been saked times before, but,

What is YOUR opinion on how close you guys are with this being completed for a final release?

I'm sure you guys are just dying to let it go!

*b*
03-22-2006, 03:00 PM
is Link's swimming animation fixed in this? what about screen specific MIDIs? I thought that was going to be a new feature?

and a suggestion: make the block combos have flags that do the same thing. it'll be a pain in the ass to set up combos that can and cannot let arrows or boomerangs fly by...

and another suggestion: have directional based block combos/flags. and example would be, you can throw stuff off a cliff, but you can't throw it up the cliff

elise
03-22-2006, 03:08 PM
started to play a quest in it but constantly are warped into dungeons when I just walk over the overworld

Shoelace
03-22-2006, 03:09 PM
Freeform combos. /me drools

Just wow... I didn't even get to test out beta 9 yet, so I am really behind in the new features. Everywhere I turn there is something new. So many awesome puzzles now. You guys deserve candy!

djdarkx
03-22-2006, 03:46 PM
started to play a quest in it but constantly are warped into dungeons when I just walk over the overworld

I know that I am not a beta tester, but I did notice this bug too. At random times, you will be warped into caves and and dungeons just by walking around the overworld. I figured that it would only happen once, but it kept doing it over and over again. Other than that, I have seen no other bugs.

djDarkX

EDIT: Noticed a new and very annoying bug. In Level 1 (211quest.qst), I bombed my way up to the room holding the map, killed an enemy and collided with a regular non-push block and warped to the item room with a 5 Rupee item (screenshot (http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f88/djdarkx/zelda019.jpg)).

Now, after I left the item room, it did warp me back to the room with the map and I went north to the room with three Stalfos. Killed each one and everytime I did and faced north after killing them, I warped again to the item room. I then went north to the room with two room spikes (moving) and three Level 1 Goriyas. I defeated each one, and after each one I warped again if I collided with the water. Everytime I came out, I was on top of the water, to the left, in the middle of the room (screenshot (http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f88/djdarkx/zelda023.jpg)).

Now, after the third Goriya, I was warped again, but when I tried to step off the water, this time it wouldn't let me. It kept warping me to the empty item room everytime I tried to step foot on the floor tiles. I tried getting out using the "zelda" cheat, using Zora's Flippers and swimming out, but no go. The only way to get past it is to use the "No Walls" cheat code.

Hope this helps!

EDIT: Sorry if this is too much, just wanted to show that I like to help out the project as much as I can. If found out, that with the same bug of warping to the item room, I defeated Aquamentus and when I went to go collect the Triforce, I walked onto the steps and got warped again to the item room, but this time, the triforce piece was waiting for me in there! (screenshot (http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f88/djdarkx/zelda024.jpg))

I picked it up and ended the level in the item room. (screenshot (http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f88/djdarkx/zelda025.jpg))

EDIT...again: I found out that the warping only occurs whenever to defeat an enemy then walk onto the bottom area of a block, tree (large and small), water areas (sea and water in dungeons), etc. It doesn't happen with walls in dungeons or the overworld. The warp with the triforce item room only happened in Level 1. I was still warped in Level 4, but there was no triforce in the room this time. If you like, I can keep doing some testing on this quest and others to find these extensive bugs.

Nimono
03-22-2006, 04:12 PM
I have one problem with the Treasure Chest combo:

I was testing a Treasure Chest game. Everything was fine. It'd warp you to different rooms (I used Stairs (Random)), but I DID notice that when I picked the wrong Treasure Chest is the first room, I came back and the chests were all open. No item. Is this a bug or a problem with the combo itself?

*b*
03-22-2006, 04:16 PM
oh, one more suggetion (for the moment): can there please, PLEASE be an option to DISABLE the combo/tile modification warning popup? it is beyond annoying

jman2050
03-22-2006, 04:43 PM
PLEASE REDOWNLOAD THE FILE!!! I believe I fixed a very serious bug relating to warps. not sure though. Freedom, djdarkx, tell me if any of the same problems you're having are occuring.

djdarkx
03-22-2006, 04:58 PM
Thanks jman. I hope it's fixed. In "Link's Nightmare", I wasn't even able to get past a certain screen because of the bug. I'll keep you posted.

djDarkX

EDIT: Okay. On the overworld of Link's Nightmare (Nightmare.qst), I wasn't able to kill any enemies, but I was able to get past the screen and head to the Iron Sword Temple (Level 1) without any random warping. When I got here, I went the correct route to get the Sword, but when I get to the "third floor" of the temple and try to go to the fourth, it warps me to the first room and then instantly kicks me out of the temple. Simply put, I cannot continue. If you need a screenshot, just let me know. I will now test 211quest.qst for any of the same flaws.

EDIT:
211quest.qst Report:
The random warping has stopped and it looks like everything is back to normal...well, at least for the test quest. I shall test other custom quests for more defects like the one in Link's Nightmare.

Praethus
03-22-2006, 05:56 PM
42. New screen flag: Rings Affect Damage Combos. Makes it so rings afffect the damage caused by damage combos.

Any way we can get that in Quest Rule form so we don't have to check it for each screen?

ShadowTiger
03-22-2006, 06:00 PM
Praethus, just create a Screen Template for yourself. You design one blank screen but with everything optimized for that screen to be copied over to each screen of the area you're planning to work in as a blank template.

For example: You can:
Set the undercombo.
Set each Secret Combo to the Combo page and Cset you want.
Set each Freeform Combo to the Cset you want, I suppose.
Layers too.
Set warp positions into the center of the screen instead of in the corner.
Side and Tile warps go to your Dmap rather than to 0.
Set any screen flags you'd like. :pAnd more. Of course. IMHO, a Quest Rule would be way too strict and inflexible.

The new "Damage 32 Combo" (!!!!!!!!!) would basically be an "Instant Kill" combo. You wouldn't need a "Game Over" or "Kill" Combo because you had this. If you had the gold ring, you could easily survive a few hits from this combo with the screen flag on, but with it off, it'd massacre you. :odd:

Nimono
03-22-2006, 06:13 PM
Praethus, just create a Screen Template for yourself. You design one blank screen but with everything optimized for that screen to be copied over to each screen of the area you're planning to work in as a blank template.

For example: You can:
Set the undercombo.
Set each Secret Combo to the Combo page and Cset you want.
Set each Freeform Combo to the Cset you want, I suppose.
Layers too.
Set warp positions into the center of the screen instead of in the corner.
Side and Tile warps go to your Dmap rather than to 0.
Set any screen flags you'd like. :pAnd more. Of course. IMHO, a Quest Rule would be way too strict and inflexible.

The new "Damage 32 Combo" (!!!!!!!!!) would basically be an "Instant Kill" combo. You wouldn't need a "Game Over" or "Kill" Combo because you had this. If you had the gold ring, you could easily survive a few hits from this combo with the screen flag on, but with it off, it'd massacre you. :odd:
I think that combo is overkill, even though that's an IMMENSE understatement.

Praethus
03-22-2006, 06:15 PM
Except when used in conjunction with the Ring/Damage screen flag. And I don't want just a Quest Rule. Quest Rule and Screen Flag together would allow for ease and flexibility.

You could have a quest rule "Rings Affect Damage Combos" and a screen flag called "Toggle Ring/Damage Combo" or something similar.

ShadowTiger
03-22-2006, 06:20 PM
I think that combo is overkill, even though that's an IMMENSE understatement.It's not. > >.' With the rings, you can pretty much specify just how much it'd hurt to wade through this combo. IMHO, it's more than fine as it is. "32" damage is just a "Death" combo. It works just fine as that.

Except when used in conjunction with the Ring/Damage screen flag. And I don't want just a Quest Rule. Quest Rule and Screen Flag together would allow for ease and flexibility.

You could have a quest rule "Rings Affect Damage Combos" and a screen flag called "Toggle Ring/Damage Combo" or something similar.... Eh. If we can have a "No Diving" quest rule and a 'Toggle Diving" screen flag, ... why the heck not? :blah:

Jigglysaint
03-22-2006, 11:37 PM
I think the FF system needs more explanation. For example, what do each of the fields mean exactly? The x and y location and speed are self explanitory, but what about acceleration? So far I made an object, and it goes down/right instead of another direction. Also, FF combos won't show a graphic. This is a bug I bet, and I can think of times where being able to see places where the movement changes would be useful.

jman2050
03-22-2006, 11:54 PM
I'll exlain how to use freeform combos in detail a bit later. For now, experiment, and remember that you can use negative speed and acceleration values.

Jigglysaint
03-23-2006, 12:03 AM
Nevermind, I figured it out. X speed when it's positive, goes right, and negative goes left. Since I was setting both x and y, it was doing what it should be doing which is going diagonal.

BTW, I don't think the linking works. If I set up one combo and have them all link to it, they don't seem to keep in sync. Still, this is a great advancement in Zquest, and finally a way for idiots(myself included) to make custom bosses.

Jigglysaint
03-23-2006, 12:30 AM
Okay I know it's a new feature, but I've noticed some real bugs in the FF. First of all, a negative number will not make the object wrap arround the screen. Second, there are too many numbers in each box, I don't know why that's there but it looks too busy. Third, sometimes clicking on a box will delete it, and sometimes you can't update the number without deleting all those 0's first. Fourth, X accelerate is incorrectly labled as Y accerate. Fifth, linking does not seem to work properly. Sixth, when I set up 4 FF combos to make a square, when it reaches each square, the first of the 4 tiles in the object shifts slightly in the direction that is being set. While the whole object changes direction correctly, only the first object the others are linked to seems to shift a pixel. For example, if I set it so the object goes down, the first object gets shifted up by one pixel, then when it goes left, it's shifted right, and goes back to normal when it reaches it's origional position and the 4th direction marker.

Jigglysaint
03-23-2006, 08:32 PM
We can now make blade traps. Now, what we need is a way to import the enemy AI into the freeform combos, and it should be able to let us create those custom bosses Vel always wanted.

punkonjunk1024
03-24-2006, 09:07 AM
You know what almost brings a tear to the eye?

I ACTUALLY CANNOT KEEP UP WITH HOW FAST ALL OF THESE ARE BEING RELEASED.

You guys freaking rule. Like, seriously.

EDIT
Finally read the updates...
This makes... Dear god, I don't know how to handle this much versatility. It's almost too much. I can't wait to get home and play with this.

41. new combos: 'Damage (8 hearts)', 'Damage (16 hearts)', and 'Damage (32 hearts)'.
Hahahaha... Why would anyone WANT that?

Jigglysaint
03-24-2006, 03:19 PM
Actually, since damage combos can be used with FF combos, the damage 32 could be used to simulate crushing walls like that which you see in Oracle of Seasons.

djdarkx
03-24-2006, 04:31 PM
Update on the bugs in beta 10.

In lightworld.qst (LightWorld), I picked up a clock and the effect became permanent. It was on during the boss fight, as I picked up the second triforce piece, and even as I exited the dungeon. It was like having the clock cheat enabled, but it wasn't. If there are any cheats available for that quest, I sure don't know them. I don't think that happens in the test quest, but I think this comes up in quests made with earlier versions of ZQuest. Just a thought. I'll keep testing.

jman2050
03-27-2006, 11:34 PM
Updated the first post with beta 10b. Has lots of changes for only being an incremental update, but we have something special planned for 11. Some of the more obvious bugs have been fixed, but some of the obvious ones have been left in. This is everything I have up to this point.

Just overwrite beta 10 and you should be fine.

jman2050
03-27-2006, 11:38 PM
EDIT - Nothing to see here, move along. Should be fine now.

Nicholas Steel
03-28-2006, 12:04 AM
are the exe files compressed with upx?

and awesome work yet again jman.

jman2050
03-29-2006, 12:00 PM
Added Linux build of 10b

idontknow
03-29-2006, 07:27 PM
17. Added two more flags to FF combos: carry-over and change to this(FF change only). carry-over will carry-over that FF combo to the same slot in the next screen when you warp or scroll screens. Change to this is used in FF change combos. When an FF combo crosses over a change combo with this flag, it'll also take on the combo and cset of the change combo. One interesting thing you can do is that you can combine this with the change next and change previous flags. So you could make it so the change combo changes the FFC that crosses it into one combo, whic them immediately getsincremented to the next one all in the same operation. It'll be useful, trust me.

Jman, what did u mean by this? Did u have something in mind? I dont think its very obvious as to what you could do with this and it seems rather confusing as to how to use it, let alone use it for something brilliant. Perhaps you could shed some light on this?

jman2050
03-29-2006, 09:03 PM
Freeform combos still have a whole lotta bugs. They won't be properly utilized until more features are added to them and bugs are fixed. That's why these are betas.

I hope to explain in excrutiating detail how these work, but I don't have the time right now.

Nick
03-31-2006, 09:02 PM
The Linux build is pretty solid thus far. Haven't tested to see if the focus lockup bug is still happening, though.

jman2050
03-31-2006, 09:05 PM
Darnit... I just found out that 10b is now almost useless for playing quests, due to a fatal bug involving pit warps. Guess we'regonna have to wait till beta 11 :(

punkonjunk1024
03-31-2006, 09:08 PM
daaaaaaaaaamn.

Freedom
03-31-2006, 09:29 PM
Darnit... I just found out that 10b is now almost useless for playing quests, due to a fatal bug involving pit warps. Guess we'regonna have to wait till beta 11 :(

Any chance you could describe it?
I've used some direct warps and they are working fine

jman2050
03-31-2006, 11:07 PM
Hmm, could I have possibly caused the fatal bug after I released 10b? I doubt it.

Basically, try putting direct warps on the top row of the screen, then try and walk below them. You should trigger the direct warps even if you are nowhere near them, just under them.

Freedom
03-31-2006, 11:16 PM
I'll give it a try and get back to you.
Haven't really done it exactly like that.

edit... yep, it does it, even if you aren't in-line with the warp tile.

A suggestion...
A feature that when I've spent 25 minutes painting a screen and then I notice I've done half of it on layer 3, causes a hand to come out of the screen and slap me across the face. .... hard!. ;)

ShadowTiger
04-01-2006, 12:59 PM
I'd second that. http://www.purezc.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/icon_heh.gif I've fallen prey to such a thing myself on countless occasions. A "Go To Layer" button would be nice on the lower layers panel, as well as the same on the Data-->Layers screen, don't you think? :p

Interesting prank bug.

jman2050
04-01-2006, 01:33 PM
You could always fix it the easy way and copy the screen the layer is on to the screen you were intending to draw on. In fact, that reminds me, selective copy and pasting of screen data would be nice...

Freedom
04-01-2006, 02:02 PM
That's why I said "half" the screen on layer 3, I've copy/moved my screw ups plenty of times when it was a whole screen I did, but when you do half you have to redo half of it one way or the other, but I was just joking about adding a feature.
...... but come to think of it, a copy over screen, like copy over tile, having it add combos on the screen where none exist already could probably work.

xXVolvagiaXx
04-01-2006, 05:21 PM
I've been trying to play any/all the quests with it that came with the download, but all of them are unable to load. I'm not sure if it's just me, cus nobody elsea seems to have posted this issue... 2.11 Test won't even open.:confused:

firefly
04-01-2006, 05:46 PM
I've been trying to play any/all the quests with it that came with the download, but all of them are unable to load. I'm not sure if it's just me, cus nobody elsea seems to have posted this issue... 2.11 Test won't even open.:confused:
Yours is a particular problem cause I haven't really seen this bug before, my quests load normally.
Do you have the quests in the same folder as the player?

Rakki
04-01-2006, 08:28 PM
You could always fix it the easy way and copy the screen the layer is on to the screen you were intending to draw on. In fact, that reminds me, selective copy and pasting of screen data would be nice...
Y'know what else would be nice? Multiple undo/redo, for one. And another thing that would be REALLY nice would be if you could click+drag on the combos to select a line/box/rectangle of combos all at once. I could mock-up a gif of this, showing what I mean, if you'd need. Although something makes me doubt that this is possible with the current ZQuest engine... =/

Nicholas Steel
04-02-2006, 01:59 AM
did you install zelda classic into a new place or did you overwrite your old version... overwriting is strongly not reccomended.

(message directed at xXVolvagiaXx)

texasdex
04-21-2006, 01:11 PM
Linux build is running nice and smoothly at the moment. Let's see what I can do to break it.

EDIT: Question: What are all the command-line arguments to the Linux version of ZC and ZQ? It might be helpful to know.

z-nut
04-30-2006, 12:38 PM
the im port expor is still messed up!

DJ 18 1990
05-26-2006, 08:52 PM
Hey what heppend to Link's Nightmare?
I have not seen it anywhere! I got a new computer and I must download this guest! Please show me a html so that I can download it!!!
Hey I deleated and removed Zelda Classic 2.10 when I downloaded 2.11b10
It has new features such as screen MIDI(Good for Custum boss and Triforce room) I am using all of the old Zelda Quests for it and I love the allmighty STRICT MIDI feature that when cheaked stops that anoying MIDI FREEZEING ON NOTES from Zelda Quests made with 19.0+ and other Betas that Zelda Classic 2.10 had problems with. But in Nemal.qst the Wizerd guys turn into level 4 swords (The Sprite not the Weppon/item)
I recamend downloading this version of Zelda Classic and the people that made Z-Consle

ShadowTiger
05-27-2006, 08:28 AM
Hey what heppend to Link's Nightmare?
I have not seen it anywhere! I got a new computer and I must download this guest! Please show me a html so that I can download it!!!PolygonX8 (Now known as "Exate" over at www.purezc.com ) has asked that all of his ZC content be removed from any database, as he is no longer interested in ZC.

Hey I deleated and removed Zelda Classic 2.10 when I downloaded 2.11b10Whoah, probably not too good of an idea. People recommend different versions to play quests in for a reason. Do try to download it again if you can, but keep them in different folders. That's what everyone does, I believe. You can always copy files between them and back again and such.

It has new features such as screen MIDI(Good for Custum boss and Triforce room)For those reading, he means the room the Triforce is actually placed in, rather than the music that sounds off when picking it up. ;)

I am using all of the old Zelda Quests for it and I love the allmighty STRICT MIDI feature that when cheaked stops that anoying MIDI FREEZEING ON NOTES from Zelda Quests made with 19.0+ and other Betas that Zelda Classic 2.10 had problems with. But in Nemal.qst the Wizerd guys turn into level 4 swords (The Sprite not the Weppon/item)
I recamend downloading this version of Zelda Classic and the people that made Z-ConsleDownloading the people that made Z-Console. Good luck with that. :p :laughing: [J/K]

Manny
05-27-2006, 10:32 PM
Been having this problem since ZC 2.10, and now on the beta. I think it's more of a compatability issue. Anyway here are my specs briefly:
Dell Inspiron 1000
Vid card: SiS M650

When I run ZC, the screen keeps flashing and makes it unbearable to play, and if I switch on (or is it off?) vSync the games runs at a ludicrous speed (at about 900 frames) but the image problem is fixed. The other pre-2.10 versions run smoothly.
The only thing that works about now is the windowed mode, though I'd prefer to play full screen.
If this is a problem that can be fixed by adjusting settings, any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Freedom
05-28-2006, 04:40 AM
Can't say for sure, but I would try turning off any Virus program that may be running in the background, and if that doesn't get it you might look at your refresh rate.

Manny
05-29-2006, 03:03 AM
Hmm no dice. I'm using a laptop, not sure if that will make a difference and the only refresh rate I got is 60 Hz.
The black flash seems to move down the screen, then the whole screen flashes black and then it starts to move down the screen. Not sure if that will help at all

Blackdrake1
06-01-2006, 01:22 AM
How do I get Beta 10b? I can't find the link for it. Get it the Link?

Nicholas Steel
06-01-2006, 02:13 AM
try um the very first post in this thread? honestly try opening your eyes for once.

Manny
06-01-2006, 12:19 PM
Helping people out doesn't hurt either.
To get Beta 10b working, first download the beta 10. Then download the beta10b (from the link on the first post) and simply copy and paste the files from the 10b folder (zelda-w.exe, zquest-w.exe) into the beta 10 folder and overwrite the old files.
Simple as that

Blackdrake1
06-05-2006, 01:10 PM
Never mind I found it.

Blackdrake1
06-05-2006, 01:14 PM
I need the Allegro 42 thing. Oh no. My bad. I was going to edit the other but it's already to late isn't it.

SolemnGamer
07-23-2006, 06:02 PM
Wow :D I like it! It's pretty stable from what I've seen in it so far, but I'm sure there are quite a few bugs that I have yet to come across. But still, great job ;)

Aireal Albatros
07-28-2006, 06:59 PM
When it is "FULLY" finished go ahead and give me a Private Message please, thank you.

Spudnickator
08-03-2006, 08:06 AM
Everthing looks good so far, except, when I run in full-screen, it closes itself. Thats all I can find so far.

This is annoying though, after not touching ZC for a year, I come back to it, and theres a new Beta, with new things. I can't remember half of the stuff anyway >_>

Nicholas Steel
08-03-2006, 11:33 PM
a suggestion... couldn't someone re-package zelda classic so that the beta 10b is merged with the original files so that we only have to download 1 thing... because this would avoid questions about what beta 10b is and where to get it and why it doesn't work etc. (doesn't work due to only having the beta 10b exe files)

ShadowTiger
08-04-2006, 10:19 AM
Done. Check the first post.

Nicholas Steel
08-04-2006, 10:29 AM
thank you and i think the link to just the 10b exe files isnt really needed. (i see the point in keeping a link to beta 10 tho [historical value/bug testing])

_L_
08-05-2006, 04:23 AM
How long until the Mac OS X version?