PDA

View Full Version : The Problem With 256 Color Mode:

ShadowTiger
03-21-2006, 06:21 PM
Okay, here's what I'm thinking. Since NeoFirst will be completely available to the masses, as well as all of its tiles, combos, and all graphics, etc, we'll want to make it completely rippable. Now, 256 color mode is a little bit ... what's the word ... ackward, I suppose, to use, since it's not as compatible with ripping as it could be.

Here, for example, ... try to make a single tile 256 colors, (Press "b" on it.) then grab any other tile from a screenshot onto it. See what happens. ;) Yep, it goes back to 16 color mode. Thus, if any of our tiles uses 256 colors, how will anyone else rip it into their quest?

Tygore
03-21-2006, 06:37 PM
I would assume that at some point, proper 256 color importing will be implemented. At the very least, an "import in 256" option will become avaliable.

ShadowTiger
03-21-2006, 06:51 PM
At some point, yes, ... but until then, we have to plan around it. No sense in jumping the gun if you hear a "No, that's not possible. =/ " in the near or far future. Better safe than sorry.

Hey, at least we really do have a lot of colors to work with. ^-^' Though Generic Usage is more important than fitting things for individual situations.

*b*
03-21-2006, 09:27 PM
well, that's the thing. since I'm making a custom tileset, tiles grabbed into it won't be required. and if, by some chance, they are, it's painfully easy to recolor them... for me