PDA

View Full Version : I'm a newbie

Majora
03-20-2006, 09:29 PM
I was wondering about the following things:

1.)Can you change where link starts from in custom quests, and where an Item i place appears? (Link and Item both always appear on top left)
2.)I get that ZC 2.10 won't work(maybe at all) on Win XP, is there anything i can do?
3.) How do I make cave entrances/stairs on the overworld lead into Dungeons/other caves

If these things are covered in the ReadMe's, don't reply if you don't want to(unless the answers are really short)

thanks a lot! :D

Nicholas Steel
03-20-2006, 09:34 PM
search and ye shall find.

browse the forum and you should come acroos several hundred posts regarding this stuff.

firefly
03-20-2006, 09:38 PM
1) Press PG UP or PG DN until you see some blue/green/rupee squares, the rupee one is the Item placement (Click on the square and click on the place you want the item), the Blue/green square is for Link's placement.

2) Mine works... Try running in windowed mode.

3) Place the Stair/cave and the tile warp (F10), then set the screen and Dmap you want to be warped to.

Rakki
03-21-2006, 01:17 AM
About 2.10 on Windows XP, the only thing I know of that people have had trouble with is playing when they weren't logged in as the Administrator. I think you HAVE to be logged in as the Admin to get ZC to run. Either way, it WILL work on XP, as that's what I'm on, and all versions from 1.92 and up do work on my computer (1.90 and down don't work because they're DOS).

firefly
03-21-2006, 01:24 AM
The only problem with XP is that it may crash frequently and run a bit slow.
I'm not logged as an admin and I can run Zelda Classic normally...

koopa
03-21-2006, 09:01 AM
XP admin problem: ZC tries to write in the root of whatever drive it's running on. If that's C:, you need to be admin. There is a workaround:

Start->run, type
subst Z: path-to-zc-folder
the path you can get by pulling the folder from Explorer into the run box.

Then open "My Computer", and admire your new Z: drive (you might need to press F5 to get it to show). OPen it and start ZC from there.

It works for me ...