PDA

View Full Version : Level 8 (in any of the first quests-2.10test.qst, 1st.qst, and bs1st.qst)-Message

Nimono
03-19-2006, 08:32 PM
Okay, in level 8, to the left of the Boss Room is a guy who says "10TH ENEMY HAS THE BOMB.". What does this mean? It's stumped me but good.

4matsy
03-28-2006, 01:27 AM
It was supposed to be a hint as to the whereabouts of the magic key.

But of course we all know how badly Z1 was translated when it came to the states...:p

Nimono
03-28-2006, 02:38 PM
It was supposed to be a hint as to the whereabouts of the magic key.

But of course we all know how badly Z1 was translated when it came to the states...:p
Really? It was badly translated? I didn't know that! Maybe it was becauseof the fact that I first played it on the GBA...

Shimono
03-28-2006, 08:16 PM
The GBA version is better translated? Interesting. I'd be curious to know what the '10th enemy' guy says now.

Yes, the original NES version (and thus the original quest(s) distributed with Zelda Classic) is full of stilted dialogue and other translational mishaps.

"ONES WHO DOES NOT HAVE TRIFORCE CAN'T GO IN."
"MASTER USING IT AND YOU CAN HAVE THIS."
And especially "GO NORTH,WEST,SOUTH,WEST TO THE FOREST OF MAZE", which I remember confusing me utterly the first time I played the game. After all, you couldn't *go* north from the room you got that information in....

Then again, most early console games had translations somewhere between mediocre and godawful. If you've ever run into the "All Your Base" internet meme, you'll have a good idea just how bad it could get....

Nimono
03-28-2006, 08:22 PM
The GBA version is better translated? Interesting. I'd be curious to know what the '10th enemy' guy says now.

Yes, the original NES version (and thus the original quest(s) distributed with Zelda Classic) is full of stilted dialogue and other translational mishaps.

"ONES WHO DOES NOT HAVE TRIFORCE CAN'T GO IN."
"MASTER USING IT AND YOU CAN HAVE THIS."
And especially "GO NORTH,WEST,SOUTH,WEST TO THE FOREST OF MAZE", which I remember confusing me utterly the first time I played the game. After all, you couldn't *go* north from the room you got that information in....

Then again, most early console games had translations somewhere between mediocre and godawful. If you've ever run into the "All Your Base" internet meme, you'll have a good idea just how bad it could get....
Well, it's been a year or two since I've played Classic NES Series: The Legend of Zelda. But I DO know that I never really noticed the mistranslations when I played it.

Questwizard88
03-28-2006, 08:31 PM
They never really confused me that much either, though some were a bit harder to figure out than others.

Nicholas Steel
03-28-2006, 08:55 PM
they are not confusing... and i think maybe a cartridge limitation may also have contributed.

i could fairly easily on the original nes... get to and beat dungeon 7... i could not for the life of me find dungeon 8... till i came across some walkthroughs some 8 years later.