PDA

View Full Version : Seriously. Fuck getting mugged.

Masamune
03-18-2006, 01:09 AM
Well I just had the shittiest shit tastic day today. I was headed up to Zach's mom's house for a St. Patty's Day party with my buddy Wolfe. We finally found the apartment building but we came early. Zach was still out somewhere with some other people that were coming. So after Wolfe got off the phone with Zach, a pair of assholes, one black, one white came out and fucking mugged us. This was at about 9:00 at night too. I had a fucking gun pointed to my stomach. K? That fucking sucked ass right there. He told us to empty our pockets and that shit. I said I didn't have anything (I had like, a pocket knife, and a 10 dollar bill in my back pocket which they didn't check). Then they proceded to take Wolfe's wallet, took 70 bucks, and took off. We both stood there for a second in disbelief in what just fucking happened. We ran across the street to the Wawa to be in a more luminated environment and to have people around, and called 911. So then the cops came and gangbanged us with questions.

...All I wanted was to get drunk, listen to Flogging Molly, and have fun with friends. So fuck getting mugged.

Lilith
03-18-2006, 01:42 AM
That sucks ass :( I'm sorry.

Orion
03-18-2006, 01:49 AM
Man, that sucks. It's freaky when that happens. It nearly happened to a friend of mine I was with in Chicago a couple years ago. Fortunately there was a group of us (the rest of the group just came around the corner) and yeah, they decided it wasn't worth the effort.

MottZilla
03-18-2006, 01:50 AM
That sucks man. That's one reason for consealed carry. Wouldn't it be nice when they are walking away to shout at them to get them to turn back around, and unload a few rounds in their useless meatbags? Having them turn around makes it look more like self defense.

Anyways, maybe you'll get lucky and they'll catch them. Or maybe you'll get really lucky and they'll end up killing them trying to arrest them.

me2
03-18-2006, 01:56 AM
Holy shit.

That sucks Masa. >_>

Why didn't you use the knife as self-defense?

MottZilla
03-18-2006, 02:05 AM
Knives versus a gun is quite risky. If there is only 1 gun, you might have a chance of stabbing them in the back of the neck where the spinal cord joins the head when they are walking away. But it's too risky really. You have a better chance killing them when they are walking away with a projectile, i.e. a bullet.

Masamune
03-18-2006, 02:06 AM
Because by the time I could get it out've my pocket, and stab him anywhere vital, he could've just pulled a trigger. Any sudden movements would probably result in having the trigger pulled. And the blade really wasn't long enough.

firefly
03-18-2006, 02:07 AM
Probably because Knife < Gun. Sometimes...

biggiy05
03-18-2006, 02:13 AM
Holy shit.

That sucks Masa. >_>

Why didn't you use the knife as self-defense?

I don't think that it kicked in. If I had a gun pointed to my stomach let alone anywhere else in my body I would give them my money.

ShadowTiger
03-18-2006, 10:40 AM
Depends on where are you, relative to a safe location. It's a fairly risky maneuver, but considering that they're out for your money, rather than for your blood, you probably could have taken a relatively large amount of singles, and flung them in all different directions, then scatter. Two people are less likely to chase you down when there are two of you and you've already dropped your money. Then again, if you were in a tighter environment, that might not have worked. :shrug:

Sorry to hear, Pat. =/

Beldaran
03-18-2006, 12:48 PM
God damn it, fuck human beings. People are such shit. I'm sorry that happened.

bigboylink
03-18-2006, 01:23 PM
Sorry to hear about your misfortune. I hope you still managed to have fun afterwards.

I said I didn't have anything (I had like, a pocket knife, and a 10 dollar bill in my back pocket which they didn't check).

What would have happened if they searched your back pockets and found the ten? I don't want to think about what might have happened. I've been mugged twice living in Philadelphia, and both times, I gave over EVERYTHING, no matter how small.

Last year, I was walking alone (bad idea) down the stairs to the subway at around 8:30pm. A short, scruffy black guy wearing a coat bumps into me and tells me to hand over any cash I have on me. He had his arm under his coat, so he may or may not have had a gun, but I didn't want to take any chances. I pull two dollars out of my pocket (which was all I had), to which he responds, "I'm not looking for a charitable donation, boss. Give me everything you got." I go through the motion of emptying my empty wallet in front of him, much to his dissatisfaction. He then walked away cursing.

So yea, my two cents - give 'em everything, because you don't want to take any chances. It's probably not a good idea to fight back, because you usually have to assume they're more experienced street-fighters than you are.

Jigglysaint
03-18-2006, 02:16 PM
The good news is at least you wern't murdered over anything a stupid as cigarettes or somthing like that. Money is money, and I bet it sucks getting robbed. I've never had it happen, most likely because I am a 300 pound fatso, and nobody want's to fight me or else they'd get a Friar Tuck(Rocket Robinhood reference) and go flying.

gdorf
03-18-2006, 02:16 PM
I always get worried when I carry my camera around in Portland, OR. I try to stay in nicer areas, but I know I am taking a risk when I go alone.

Sorry that happened man, but I am glad you're okay.

firefly
03-18-2006, 02:27 PM
I hope they get caught, and sent to jail!.
Glad you're ok.

Masamune
03-18-2006, 02:31 PM
http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=10959256&blogID=99220414&MyToken=70f4daa0-05c8-4e13-a4cc-12c1909ac8a6

A more in depth version at my friend's blog.

Archibaldo
03-18-2006, 02:55 PM
Damn dude, that sucks. My friend almost got mugged. Some guy approached him at the beach wanting his shoes. Apparently the conversation went along the lines of:
Guy: Hey, give me your shoes
Friend: But you're already wearing shoes
G: Just shut and give me your shoes
F: But then I wouldn't have any shoes
G: I'm not gonna ask again. Give me your fucking shoes
F: You just asked again, I thought you wern't going to ask again?
G: Ah fuck it.
At that point the guy left. My friend says he didn't have a weapon plus he was at a public beach so it's not like the guy was going o do anything about it. :shrug:

Dechipher
03-18-2006, 03:58 PM
Archibaldo, I'm not entirely sure that's mugged. That's more of a pathetic attempt at bullying.

Masa...that sucks for you, but I feel even worse for you friend who's out 70 bucks. Did he have a gun pointed at his stomach?

Masamune
03-18-2006, 04:58 PM
I don't believe so.

B3lmon7
03-18-2006, 08:16 PM
Hey guys, I'm masa's buddy, wolfe, thanks for your concern and everything. Those who thought of using a knife, it was behind a dark appartment house and there were no other witnesses so it wouldn't of been a good idea.
And yeah he pointed the gun at me when he went for my wallet and searched through it.

And yes people do suck ass.

Welcome to hell.

ZTC
03-20-2006, 02:26 PM
I hope those bastards get shot up

Glad to hear that you're both ok