PDA

View Full Version : All about Glenn

Glenn the Great
03-17-2006, 11:48 PM
Who the fuck is Glenn?

Pretty much everyone has heard about Glenn at one point or another.

Know what I love? When fucking noobs try to act like they know what the hell they are talking about. "Glenn is somebody who tried to take over AGN once not too long ago."

I know Im a noob when it comes to the whole Glenn the Great thing....

It has come to my attention that a lot of newbies don't really know a whole lot about me and my history here. In the interest of furthering awareness of AGN's history, and in furthering discussion on a dull night, I'd like to use this topic as an open forum about Yours Truly.

The newer members will be able to ask me questions and get the real answers, and the older members will be able to recollect and share their favorite Glenn moments.

Just to kick things off, a brief of my tenure at AGN:

I joined in October of 2000 upon discovering Zelda Classic. Sometime around New Year's Eve of that year, War Lord needed another Moderator and I was chosen. I moderated General Discussion, Zelda Classic Forums, and some other since discontinued forums like those for the old FF3PC project. The Administration loved my job as a Moderator, so when Senior Moderators were introduced in Spring of 2001, I was picked to be one of the original four along with Mottzilla, Nightmare, and AlphaDawg (if memory serves correctly.)

In November of 2001, I requested to become an Admin, and War Lord granted that request. I was an Administrator for a total of one year before I was fired for scheming to have Zelda Classic's control moved over to Dark Nation's hands at the now defunct Zelda Classic Network community.

During my tenure as an Admin, I did such things as creating the AGN Member Handbook (the first comprehensive display of AGN's rules), an Executive Lounge forum for Senior Moderators to discuss the performance of the regular Moderators in private, and I worked with Dark Nation to oversee beta testing for Zelda Classic.

So, now that you know the essentials, I turn it over to you.

Verman
03-18-2006, 12:36 AM
Then you went crazy and thought you were a god... pretty much went downhill after that. It was a fun time though...A really fun time! :D

Glenn the Great
03-18-2006, 12:46 AM
Yeah, my mental facilities got seriously messed up from a chemical imbalance. Took a whole year and a lot of meds to get that straightened out.

Lilith
03-18-2006, 01:43 AM
sup Kiera Knightley

ZomfgIts0rzlolo
03-18-2006, 01:02 PM
lol All About Glenn

demanding talk show now

Link
03-18-2006, 03:34 PM
the AGN Member Handbook

Out of interest, what happened to this?

ZomfgIts0rzlolo
03-18-2006, 05:12 PM
also glenn we have TERRIFYINGLY similiar faces.

Jigglysaint
03-18-2006, 05:26 PM
Oh yes, don't forget Glenn was the one who introduced the Knights Templar Cathedral, which later became the Kights Temple Colliseum. It was supposed to be a group of people who stood out as good examples at AGN, but quickly degraded into a "OMG lets kill eckels 'cause he says he's god!". I think people, including myself, kind of was romanticizing the crap from the 100's of video games we've been playing since we were born.

One thing I will always remember was that night in november where Glenn came back(yet again) under another name as was in RD. Well he talked about some stuff, and I knew instantly it was Glenn, and I said so on the forums. Then Glenn contacted me and told me of the sceme, but somthing went wrong and I was assumed part of the conspiracy, and was banned for a month. I think it's funny that even after been "wrongfully" banned, I still came here, and didn't even remove AGN as my home page.

Glenn the Great
03-18-2006, 06:55 PM
Out of interest, what happened to this?

Not long after I was removed, the Knights Templar forum was deleted, and the AGN Member Handbook was deleted and replaced with another version. It seemed to me as if the staff was trying to erase anything that reminded them of my influence.

Verman
03-18-2006, 07:49 PM
Its like all government changes when the winners get to write and change history.. all information about the previous tyrant is wiped away!

Brian
03-19-2006, 12:56 AM
Yeah, I remember that whole KTC thing... ;)

Dracula
03-20-2006, 02:40 AM
Such a nostalgic feeling, stumbling across this thread. The more memorable moments in AGN's history, summed up here (sorta).
Anyways, as much helpful as this thread can be to fill the minds of newbies with such knowledge, like a history book, in the end, all we can say is...
"You've been missing out." :D

"...over and out." ;)

goKi
03-20-2006, 03:40 AM
Newcomers - THIS is all you need to know about Glenn The Great. (http://www.armageddongames.net/showthread.php?t=64317)

*b*
03-20-2006, 04:26 AM
Newcomers - THIS is all you need to know about Glenn The Great. (http://www.armageddongames.net/showthread.php?t=64317)
funny how one's existance can be summed up on a simple webpage, isn't it?

AlexMax
03-20-2006, 09:43 AM

quotin' this

biggiy05
03-20-2006, 10:24 AM
We were talking about the negative things that were on my mind and we got to the incident that happened a few weeks ago in which the police beat me up because I put up a fight with them while resisting arrest.

ROFLMAO!

Someday I plan to make a lot of money, either by getting a very good job, working as a spy for Russia, or getting involved with the mob. Once I feel I have enough money for an early retirement I'm going to move to a small island where I don't have to deal with anyone and I'm going to import goods and use a satellite internet connection. I could never stand roughing it in the wilderness.

:laughing: Wow that was great.

MacWeirdo42
03-20-2006, 10:40 AM
Oh hell... So this is what you miss when you disappear for years at a time? I need to remember not to do that again... Or at least if I do disappear again, not to show up years later so as to not know what I've been missing.

Oh well... Um, nice to have the sane Glenn back, I guess?

ZTC
03-20-2006, 02:59 PM
I remember back when I had an account in '01-02 and Glenn was an Admin, didn't really notice anything out of the ordinary. Then when I rejoined in 04 (as my account was possibly removed in one of the upgrades), I saw this happening. http://armageddongames.net/showthread.php?t=81678

Shortly after, he was banned. I then decided to get to know him and ask what happened. We eventually became friends and I started to help out with his own project. After a year, there was an un ugly mess that happened last year that ended up with a few bannings (myself included; if anybody is interested in hearing what happened, PM/IM me). I kept helping out with his game where possible, then a few months ago AGN was hacked. And now is everything back to what it was....

Verman
03-20-2006, 03:11 PM
We know who AGN was hacked by as well.

Wheres that soundfile at?

goKi
03-20-2006, 05:11 PM
i've got those, too, somewhere, i'll post them later, Verman.

Deviance
03-20-2006, 05:50 PM
Such a nostalgic feeling, stumbling across this thread. The more memorable moments in AGN's history, summed up here (sorta).
Anyways, as much helpful as this thread can be to fill the minds of newbies with such knowledge, like a history book, in the end, all we can say is...
"You've been missing out." :D

"...over and out." ;)

Yeah I remembered that lol. Glenn do you still want Chandra all night?

Dechipher
03-20-2006, 05:54 PM
i've got those, too, somewhere, i'll post them later, Verman.

I would be interested in hearing the Eye of the Tiger one again. I think that was JJ's work.

War Lord
03-20-2006, 06:24 PM
http://warlord.shatteredearth.net/glennwavs.zip

goKi
03-20-2006, 06:33 PM
Lol. Thanks Jarrod.

Archibaldo
03-20-2006, 06:54 PM
ROFL, that Eye of the Tiger was beautiful. It's funny how he was so concerned with Breaker banning people and how he desperatley needed to contact WL.

biggiy05
03-20-2006, 09:05 PM
I think I am going to piss my pants from laughing so hard! I remember hearing the one he left on moocow's voicemail from Glitch and thought it was funny.

Gerudo
03-21-2006, 01:22 PM

yes, because you can always judge a person today for something they did a few years ago regardless of whether you actually care to talk to the person or not.

oh, don't forget he hacked the forums, which was about as noticable as a chinaman's penis.

get over yourselves. like everyone else, i laughed hysterically then, i giggle about it now, but it's just old news.

punkonjunk1024
03-24-2006, 09:00 AM
Those voicemails were hysterical. The whole fucking thing was hysterical.
But WHOA imagine, maybe he's not a douche anymore? I mean, not to tear on the higher ups... but you know, that whole bygones be bygones thing?

I haven't seen him being a fuckup anywhere yet, and he seems to have dropped alot of the insane elitism. (I could be totally wrong though)

But uh, I will say that I think that his display name should be changed to glennifer, because I almost peed myself when I heard that way back when someone was tearing on him after he |-|4><()|23|) AGN.
Seriously that whole thing was crazy. AND stupid.

anyhow.