PDA

View Full Version : Is there any way

Cloral
03-17-2006, 06:23 PM
Does anyone know if there is any way to make a space that you stand on and blow the whistle, and that particular space changes? It seems like putting a whistle flag on a space prevents it from being involved in secrets.

Nimono
03-17-2006, 06:29 PM
Does anyone know if there is any way to make a space that you stand on and blow the whistle, and that particular space changes? It seems like putting a whistle flag on a space prevents it from being involved in secrets.
Hey, I've noticed that in Isle of the Winds, when you Super-Bomb one of the boulders that can be blown away by one, the ground looks different, as if there was more than one Super Bomb flag. I think you'd use secrets on layer 1.

Cloral
03-17-2006, 06:34 PM
Problem is, I need the combo's property - which means it has to be on layer 0. Specifically, what I want to do is make tiles in my dungeon where you stand on one and blow the whistle, and you get warped somewhere else. So I want to make the tile change to another combo that looks the same but has a stair warp on it.

Nimono
03-17-2006, 06:42 PM
Problem is, I need the combo's property - which means it has to be on layer 0. Specifically, what I want to do is make tiles in my dungeon where you stand on one and blow the whistle, and you get warped somewhere else. So I want to make the tile change to another combo that looks the same but has a stair warp on it.
I'm not an expert on ZC, but couldn't you do this with 2.11b9 with inherent flags?

Wait! Couldn't you just put the secret flag on layer 0 and the whistle flag on 1 or 2? Wouldn't that work, since secret combos can be activated on layers? Besides, Lnik stands on layers 0-2, so doesn't that mean that any action flag could be activated if it was on any of these layers?

rocksfan13
03-17-2006, 06:50 PM
I'm not an expert on ZC, but couldn't you do this with 2.11b9 with inherent flags?

Wait! Couldn't you just put the secret flag on layer 0 and the whistle flag on 1 or 2? Wouldn't that work, since secret combos can be activated on layers? Besides, Lnik stands on layers 0-2, so doesn't that mean that any action flag could be activated if it was on any of these layers?

No. The only flags that work on layers are the secrets16-31. You can't put a trigger secret like hammer or whistle.

So, you would need 2.11b9 to use inherent flags because 2.10 doesn't support the extra flags.

Freedom
03-17-2006, 07:36 PM
put the floor tile you want it to change to on layer 1

Rakki
03-18-2006, 02:43 AM
put the floor tile you want it to change to on layer 1
Just what I was about to say. :p I mean, I see no problem with the warp tile being a secret combo.

Cloral
03-18-2006, 06:02 PM
Problem is, I need the combo's property - which means it has to be on layer 0.
That's why I can't put it on layer 1. I think what I want to do is impossible right now, I just wanted to check and see if anyone knew of anything.

Freedom
03-18-2006, 08:52 PM
In 2.11?
I have a bush that you cut, and the under combos "secondary" flag is set to whistle, so when you cut the bush, then a cut bush shows that the whistle works on.
Is that sorta like what you are talking about?

In that case, it stands to reason that if you use the whistle, it should advance the combo you are standing on to it's secondary combo type.

I know you don't want to give your secret away, but it's also hard to give a direct answer to an indirect question.

idontknow
03-18-2006, 09:02 PM
Make the combo that you want to blow the whistle on & make its inherent flag be #3-Whistle. Then place that on the screen & place flag 16 over it. Then set flag 16's secret combo to that of an identical combo, except with the stair property. See if that works.