PDA

View Full Version : Boring Screen

Phazite
03-17-2006, 02:49 AM
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y139/Badguy131313/PScr01.png
I need some help here.
1. That waterfall with that water does not look right. I don't know what to do with it, but I want a waterfall there. I don't know what to do to make it not look weird and I can't change the shallow water.
2. This screen is boring and I can't think of anything but borders to add to the screen. Nothing will fit anywhere and look good to me, but it looks boring with no good detail. Mabe fixing the water can help, but I don't know what to do about that either. (mabe the walls?)

I could use some suggetions. (I'm using PTUX for this.)

firefly
03-17-2006, 11:02 PM
Ummm... You could add torches in the walls and in the floor.

EDIT: 600th Post!!!

Rakki
03-18-2006, 02:14 AM
Hmm... The problem with the waterfall is probably partly the fact that there's a border around the shallow water (although that's how it was in ALttP, I know), partly the fact that the top waterfall tiles have no "edge" to connect the top of the waterfall with the water, and maybe also because all that water flowing from shallow water seems a little odd... Then again, maybe that last part is just my thought. There should be a waterfall top tile in that set, isn't there? With like, a flat part of water, leading to the edge where the waterfall starts? Try using that at the top of the waterfall. And like firefly said, some torches might help break up the monotony of the walls.