PDA

View Full Version : Locked Doors come back

Nimono
03-14-2006, 05:36 PM
This is weird, and it's the first time it's happened to me. When I unlock a Locked Door (made by the Door Combo set, and no, I am not using Freeform Dungeons), it reappears in THE EXACT SAME ROOM YOU UNLOCKED IT IN! This causes many problems, since the problem first came up for me after I was told that my demo of my quest, Legend of the Jewels, had Locked Doors that came back, preventing people from beating level 1, which made you loop around at the top of the level. I'd like to know what is going on so I may fix it.

firefly
03-14-2006, 05:38 PM
Are both doors set as locked?
Are the door combos set as lock blocks?

Nimono
03-14-2006, 05:43 PM
Are both doors set as locked?
Are the door combos set as lock blocks?
Yes, they are Lock Block Combos, but I had to take out the left half because I misunderstood the bug I was told about, the same one I'm mentioning here.

rocksfan13
03-14-2006, 05:46 PM
Do not make the doors as a lock block combo. Use them as a (none).
Setting them as a lock block causes this problem.

Nimono
03-14-2006, 05:48 PM
Do not make the doors as a lock block combo. Use them as a (none).
Setting them as a lock block causes this problem.
OH. Well, they were already set like this when I got the tileset I'm using, and they were working fine until now.

firefly
03-14-2006, 05:51 PM
Level number?

Nimono
03-14-2006, 05:53 PM
Level number?
Yes, I had the level number set to 1. I'm not stupid.

rocksfan13
03-14-2006, 05:54 PM
I have found when I have done this, it has caused that to happen.
I think it's because ZC is looking at the doorsets as a combo and since the combo type is set to lock block it causes it to loop between the locked door and a lock block. Constantly going back and forth.

Just to be sure..it is set to dungeon, not cave?

Nimono
03-14-2006, 05:59 PM
I have found when I have done this, it has caused that to happen.
I think it's because ZC is looking at the doorsets as a combo and since the combo type is set to lock block it causes it to loop between the locked door and a lock block. Constantly going back and forth.

Just to be sure..it is set to dungeon, not cave?
Yes, I don't set ANYTHING to cave.

rocksfan13
03-14-2006, 06:02 PM
Like I said, just asking.

Try turing off the lock block combos. It will probably fix your problem. 95% sure it will.

firefly
03-14-2006, 06:02 PM
So, the locked doors act like lock blocks, but if you have them as lock blocks it will act like 2 lock blocks in the same place, which will cause a loop between the door and the lock block...

Yes, I don't set ANYTHING to cave.
I don't even know what's the difference between a Cave Dmap and a Dungeon Dmap. :sweat:

Nimono
03-14-2006, 06:09 PM
So, the locked doors act like lock blocks, but if you have them as lock blocks it will act like 2 lock blocks in the same place, which will cause a loop between the door and the lock block...

I don't even know what's the difference between a Cave Dmap and a Dungeon Dmap. :sweat:
Thanks rocksfan. That worked PERFECTLY.
Firefly, niether do I. That's why I never use it. Well, Cave DMaps have that whole "permanent secrets" thing. It's kind of like a cross between Dungeon and Overworld, only you can't use the Door Combos thing on them.

Freedom
03-14-2006, 06:35 PM
I use ALL cave dmaps, unless there is a certain room I need link to advance into the room the two tiles that dungeon dmaps force him to do.

Secrets are temporary in cave dmap and permanent in dungeon dmap.
Making them temporary in cave is easy, but they are still temporary in dungeon, so you slice the tricks you can do in half using dungeon dmaps and make it just that much harder on yourself.