PDA

View Full Version : Legend of the Jewels test

Nimono
03-13-2006, 05:03 PM
http://www.geocities.com/pikachu_fan_13/LegendJewels.zip

I'm making a quest called Legend of the Jewels. I only have level 1-4 completed, and I'd like to know how I'm doing so far at this halfway point on the quest. I'm using BS Graphics, and I have some secrets hidden around the dungeons. Also, I haven't exactly gotten around to taking away the "Whistle->Stairs" screen flag in the dungeon rooms I use it in, so don't worry about this flag making most colors go haywire. I'll fix it soon. In the meantime, I really need to know how I'm doing. Please set any suggestions you have, especially if you find shutters that are in rooms without enemies and if there's a spot you can't get to. Well, all I can say right now is good luck. Oh, and the Blue Ring is near the start of level 4, since that's where the enemies become powerful. If you think all those Red Darknuts are annoying in level 2, tell me, and I'll replace them. If you think I shouldn't have put an item where I did, tell me, and maybe give me a suggestion on where I should put it. I'll be here, so if you have any questions, I'll answer them.

ms_zelda_lady
03-13-2006, 05:25 PM
I'll give it a try and let you know what I think. But Red Darknuts in level 2 hm......kinda hard don't you think.
Anyway what version is the quest made in?

ms_zelda_lady

Nimono
03-13-2006, 05:29 PM
I'll give it a try and let you know what I think. But Red Darknuts in level 2 hm......kinda hard don't you think.
Anyway what version is the quest made in?

ms_zelda_lady
2.10. Yes, the darknuts CAN be hard, but they don't appear until you get the ladder, which in turn lets you buy a potion! Besides, you get lots of room to run around in, and you can shoot beams with the WOODEN SWORD. Also, the entrance to level 4 is weird. Sure, it's in a Pyramid (which is why I call it the Mummy Pyramid), but there's no entrance. Find something to get you in.

Aegix Drakan
03-13-2006, 05:46 PM
Ok, i'll give it a whirl if I have time. I've got a lot of schoolwork to do, plus my RPG.

Blue Darknuts in level 2? PLEASE tell me you can slash, otherwise I'm toast. I just LOATHE blue darknuts.

Nimono
03-13-2006, 05:49 PM
Ok, i'll give it a whirl if I have time. I've got a lot of schoolwork to do, plus my RPG.

Blue Darknuts in level 2? PLEASE tell me you can slash, otherwise I'm toast. I just LOATHE blue darknuts.
Not BLUE Darknuts, RED Darknuts. There are no Blue Darknuts in level 2. Sure, there's 4 Death Knight Darknuts in the upper-left corner, but you can avoid them, since they're trapped, and you only get a Piece of Heart for defeating them. Don't worry. You can't get hit by them unless you go too far north or too far east in the room they're in. If you stay closer to the doors, they can't get you.

Aegix Drakan
03-13-2006, 05:57 PM
Not BLUE Darknuts, RED Darknuts. There are no Blue Darknuts in level 2. Sure, there's 4 Death Knight Darknuts in the upper-left corner, but you can avoid them, since they're trapped, and you only get a Piece of Heart for defeating them. Don't worry. You can't get hit by them unless you go too far north or too far east in the room they're in. If you stay closer to the doors, they can't get you.

Ah...oopsie? I misread...

Nimono
03-13-2006, 06:02 PM
Ah...oopsie? I misread...
Just be careful in level 4. It's hard, especially with Fire Wizzrobes around the bottom floor. There are 3 floors to that dungeon, and losing on any one sends you back to the top floor. The good thing is this: You can get the Boss Key without defeating the Fire Wizzrobe in the same room. Bring a potion before you go to level 4, though, as Stalfos 2s are abound in the desert.

ms_zelda_lady
03-13-2006, 06:15 PM
I like the way you started the quest and how we get the sword.
Found my way and a bug in Octorock Heaven. When you use a key on a key door and you walk thru it the key door reappears so you can't go back thru. Can't finish the first level because I can no longer get thru the first locked door at the beginning of the dungeon. I left the first level in search of someone who would sell me the clue for getting past the top section of the level. Its the Lost Woods part of level 1. Can't figure out which path I take to get thru.
Went into Skull Trove but couldn't get very far into the level without the bridge and couldn't get the boomerang either. I'm hoping the bridge is the treasure from level 1. Can't play any further without the bridge.
Only thing I think you should do in level 1 is put more enemies in rooms where you don't have any. And in the room where we step on a switch in the top left corner for an underground key room to appear, put some enemies in there and put some pots in the corner hiding the switch so the person has to hit the pots to find the switch. Some people may not hit the pots so they wouldn't find the key so easily.
I like what I've seen so let me know where the bridge is in case I missed it and the way thru the maze of room. Only bug you need to fix is the key door that reappears.

ms_zelda_lady

Nimono
03-13-2006, 06:26 PM
I like the way you started the quest and how we get the sword.
Found my way and a bug in Octorock Heaven. When you use a key on a key door and you walk thru it the key door reappears so you can't go back thru. Can't finish the first level because I can no longer get thru the first locked door at the beginning of the dungeon. I left the first level in search of someone who would sell me the clue for getting past the top section of the level. Its the Lost Woods part of level 1. Can't figure out which path I take to get thru.
Went into Skull Trove but couldn't get very far into the level without the bridge and couldn't get the boomerang either. I'm hoping the bridge is the treasure from level 1. Can't play any further without the bridge.
Only thing I think you should do in level 1 is put more enemies in rooms where you don't have any. And in the room where we step on a switch in the top left corner for an underground key room to appear, put some enemies in there and put some pots in the corner hiding the switch so the person has to hit the pots to find the switch. Some people may not hit the pots so they wouldn't find the key so easily.
I like what I've seen so let me know where the bridge is in case I missed it and the way thru the maze of room. Only bug you need to fix is the key door that reappears.

ms_zelda_lady
I knew there would be a few bugs. Thanks. I didn't give ANYONE who gave you the path in Octorok Haven. I'll check the key door, even though it works fine for me. The Ladder is in level 2. Just destroy the Blue Octoroks in the 2nd room, go to the left (2 rooms), bomb the bottom wall (hope you got the bomb upgrades in the overworld, since each upgrade costs 50 Jewels, and you'll be able to have TONS of bobms (over 30!) after level 2), defeat the enemies, get the key, unlock the block in the previous room, and go down the stairs.

Also, I'll take you're advice. I'll add more enemies. Level 2 has plenty, so no more there. I'll add the pots. As for the maze in level 1, the path is left down up left. That gets you into a room that you can get a key from. That key lets you into the room where the Boss Key ois, which in turn lets you get to the boss (duh). But.... Get the first of many bomb upgrades by going south in the room with the switch. You'll appear outside, and find a cave one screen south-west of your location. Go get the bombs, and use them to get the Bow and Arrows. You'll need them in level 2.

Okay, I think I fixed it. Please redownload it and try again. I hope that it works. If you run into anymore Locked Door problems, it's not my quest, it's your version of ZC or your computer....

I hope you didn't get it before I made THIS message, since I had forgotten to take off my init. data. I was testing a new way of opening locked doors, the same way they open in Z3. I think I got them working fine... You'll find them in level 5, which isn't completed yet, so don't go looking for it. You CAN get to the area it's in when you use the whistle after beating level 4...

ms_zelda_lady
03-13-2006, 07:00 PM
No problem. I'll redownload it. I already found the bomb upgrade when I first started level 1.
I'm sure the key doors will work fine now.

ms_zelda_lady

Nimono
03-13-2006, 07:03 PM
No problem. I'll redownload it. I already found the bomb upgrade when I first started level 1.
I'm sure the key doors will work fine now.

ms_zelda_lady
Well, I hope it's fixed. If you meant that the Locked door would reappear after you unlocked it, I hope for your sake you're not using any version other than 2.10.

Also, keep in mind that you can get upwards of 28 Bombs in level 2, so bring many Jewels.

ms_zelda_lady
03-13-2006, 07:12 PM
I'm using version 2.10 so thats not a problem but now that I redownloaded and restarted my game it started at level 5 Winter Labyrinth and not at the beginning of the quest.
Check it out.
Thanks,
ms_zelda_lady

Nimono
03-13-2006, 07:15 PM
I'm using version 2.10 so thats not a problem but now that I redownloaded and restarted my game it started at level 5 Winter Labyrinth and not at the beginning of the quest.
Check it out.
Thanks,
ms_zelda_lady
??? I thought I fixed that... Oh well. Be back in a minute...

Okay, it should be fixed now, but just in case the link I posted before is the problem, I'll post it again.

http://www.geocities.com/pikachu_fan_13/LegendJewels.zip.

Oh, and here's a piece of info about the quest: There's probably going to be 4 parts to this quest. I might stay at 3, but no less. The big Triforce in this quest is a Mega Jewel, which supplies power to the Jewel Kingdom. There's 3 of these, and each has been taken by Ganon. This one sends you after the Jewel of Water.

Nimono
03-13-2006, 07:26 PM
Okay, I know this can be considered dounble-posting, but it's IMPORTANT. If you just downloaded the quest again before this message, REDOWNLOAD IT NOW. I set the start DMap to Jewel Kingdom, and not Hyrule, the TRUE start point. It's fixed now.

ms_zelda_lady
03-13-2006, 07:47 PM
Thanks for fixing the download. I'll be playing it late tonight.

ms_zelda_lady

Nimono
03-13-2006, 07:50 PM
Thanks for fixing the download. I'll be playing it late tonight.

ms_zelda_lady
You're welcome. Oh, and make sure you get as many Pieces of Heart as you can! They'll come in handy.

ms_zelda_lady
03-13-2006, 09:00 PM
Still got a problem with the first key door in level 1. Its strange what happened so I'll try to explain it as good as I can so hopefully you will understand what has happened. I got the first key and went thru the door no problem. It stayed opened as I went thru to the next room. Here's where the problem is. After getting thru the maze of rooms and picking up the second key I had to go all the way back thru the first part of the dungeon and that dreaded door was once again locked. I couldn't go backwards past the maze rooms to get to the other locked door so I'm stuck again missing a key. I haven't used the 2nd key on the first door so I'm going to go to the Skull Trove Dungeon and see if the same thing happens. This has never happened to me playing any quest so I'm not sure its my version of Zelda that is screwed up. Hey guys if any of you playing this quest have the same problem please post and let me know.
I'm off to try out level 2 and btw I already have an extra full heart from the pieces I've picked up.

ms_zelda_lady

Love For Fire
03-14-2006, 01:56 PM
A couple of questions and comments.

Where is the Bow and Arrow? I've been in every room on the map in Level 2 and haven't found it. I'm assuming you get the Whistle later on and backtrack through the dungeons, or maybe I should've found that as well. Where is the bait (gift for level 3 guy)? Am I supposed to have the Boots as well? I can't continue without these answers.

Now for some comments.

-Your blue rupee icon is in CSet 9, so it appears black inside a dungeon. Trying changing it to CSet 7, unless you've edited the palettes.
-The beginning was VERY annoying trying to burn the correct bush to find Level 1, I suggest you make it more clear what you're supposed to be doing.
-Level 1, Is there supposed to be no dungeon item?
-Where is the hint for the maze path?
-The dungeon gets progressively easier as you go through, and there are way too many jars in some rooms.
-Try adding some more detail into your dungeon rooms, as well as the overworld.
-Why so many bombs available? (And where are you supposed to get all that money?)
-In Level 2, one room north of the Boomerang room, locking the player in there is NOT a good idea. Entering without the ladder or Boomerang = certain death... at least allow the player to realize they should turn back.
-With so many Zoras firing at you, you should make a Magic Shield available, or greatly increase the area link has to dodge all the fireballs.
-I was a little dissapoined to find that after dodging the volley of death knight swords, stepping on the switch only freed them to come kill you.
-Level 2 is extremely linear (except maybe the beginning).Try to involve some backtracking and key hunting. All of your deviations from the main path are one room into a couple of red darknuts.
-Some puzzles might also make things more interesting.
-In the swamp area, copy the mountain tiles and recolor the grass parts so they match the swamp floor. Same goes for the Level 3 entrance.

It sounds like a lot, but that's what making a demo is about, letting other people see your work and help you make it better. I'll finish this later once you respond with the locations of the above mentioned items. Good luck in finishing this.

ms_zelda_lady
03-14-2006, 02:42 PM
Hey Love For Fire, did you have the same problem as me with the first key door? I never got to finish the first level because of it.
Pikaguy900 gave the maze answer in post 9. Its left, down, up and left.
As far as money is concerned I had enough for the bomb upgrades that I found. I hit all the pots I saw.

ms_zelda_lady

elise
03-14-2006, 03:55 PM
I downloaded the latest version and my problem is with the second door in level 1 as soon as you enter it to get the bosskey it closes and you are stuck in the room , okay you can quit and continue but that can't be the way you want that .
I am playing in 210 and can show a screenshot if you want , but think you know how a room looks with a keydoor :)

Nimono
03-14-2006, 04:52 PM
I downloaded the latest version and my problem is with the second door in level 1 as soon as you enter it to get the bosskey it closes and you are stuck in the room , okay you can quit and continue but that can't be the way you want that .
I am playing in 210 and can show a screenshot if you want , but think you know how a room looks with a keydoor :)
Okay, I might need some help understanding some problems. When I play the quest, everything works fine for me. Locked Doors don't come back. Never. I'll look into that, but more likely than not, it's probably not the quest itself.

The Bow and Arrows are on the screen to the right of the Triforce room in Level 1. I'll fix the Blue Jewel color. Slash any pots you find to get Jewels to buy bombs. Now, you don't need to get ALL of the Bomb Upgrades in level 2, but I'd suggest you do, because I may not add any more in the quest. I'll take away some of the zoras in the 2nd room of level 2. I, too, think I put too many in there. I'll add more puzzles in the quest, but be careful what you ask for. You just might get it. (Because of that single message, I'm going to make people go insane with MANY puzzles in level 5.) The only reason I put so many pots in some rooms is so you can buy the stuff you'll need to survive. Each dungeon WILL get harder and harder, and you HAVE to get the money for the Bombs SOMEWHERE. Also, you DO NOT have to worry about the swords of the death knights in level 2. As long as you stay between the ranges of the 2 doors in the room, they can't hit you. And don't press that button until after level 8. They WILL kill you if you let them go, and they give you a Piece of Heart if you defeat them. Very useful in this quest, as the White Sword requires 9 Hearts, and you'll need to get all the Pieces of Heart at the start of the quest to get it. Oh, and you'll need the Whistle for that.

Now, I'm still trying to figure out how that locked door comes back. I might make it to where you can go back the way you came at the top of level 1.

Oh dear.... The Locked door DOES come back. It must be a side effect of me either making a new door combo set or me pasting a palette from another quest... In any case, I will fix this, even if it means I have to make the door a Lock Block...

Nimono
03-14-2006, 05:40 PM
Alright, I can't fix the locked door problem yet, so I made it to where you can go back the way you came at the top of level 1. Enjoy, and be careful!

OKAY, IT'S BEEN FIXED!!! Please redownload now and watch in amazement how changing the combos of the locked doors from Lock Block/Boss Lock Block to NOTHING fixes it! Oh, and this means that there is NO free escape for you. Also, I sent the Boomerang to a place you wouldn't think of looking. This means.... NO FREE BOOMERANG FOR YOU! Ha, you've gotta find it now to complete level 2. Also, I'll work on making the graphics look better AFTER I finish working on the quest, so please leave any comments for those here and I'll work on them later, okay? Be patient. All good things in time.

Love For Fire
03-14-2006, 06:23 PM
And the bow and arrow? Bait?
Ms_Zelda_Lady, I didn't encounter the key problem. I walked out the door by accident after finding the first key, came back in and everything was fine. Did you exit the dungeon after using the first key or die at all? Maybe when you enter from the other entrance it accidentally puts you on a different DMap or something?

Nimono
03-14-2006, 06:25 PM
And the bow and arrow? Bait?
Ms_Zelda_Lady, I didn't encounter the key problem. I walked out the door by accident after finding the first key, came back in and everything was fine. Did you exit the dungeon after using the first key or die at all? Maybe when you enter from the other entrance it accidentally puts you on a different DMap or something?
Bow: When you get the Compass, you find the location of the Triforce. The Bow is to the right of that room.
Arrows: Defeat the enemies in the room with the Bow to make not only the Bow appear, but also stairs leading to the Arrows.

As for bait, buy it from the guy behind the Waterfall south of level 2 (one screen down, one screen right, walk into the waterfall when you have the Ladder) for 45 Rupees. You'll need 3 of them, so stock up on Jewels when you find pots. I won't give ANY refill rooms (rooms with many pots) in the send half of the 9 dungeons. In other words, Levels 5-9 have no refill rooms. Also, here's a quick count of the secondary Dungeon Items:
Pieces of Heart: 4 in each dungeon up to level 4, so 16 altogether in the dungeons alone.
Magic Containers: 2 in each dungeon AFTER level 4, so 8 in the entire quest.

firefly
03-14-2006, 06:30 PM
Sorry, but could you add some screenshots?
No, I'm not complaining anymore about the *.bmp.jpg format...

Nimono
03-14-2006, 06:34 PM
Sorry, but could you add some screenshots?
No, I'm not complaining anymore about the *.bmp.jpg format...
Sure, I'll get some VERY soon. Oh, and I hope you enjoy this little demo if you play it, because it's going to be a good quest (I hope). When I make some screenshots, I'll edit this post and put them in. Be sure to check periodically.

Okay firefly, here's some screenshots (the first one was taken in ZQuest, since that area isn't done yet):
http://usera.imagecave.com/pikachu1300/zelda020.bmp.jpg
http://usera.imagecave.com/pikachu1300/zelda021.bmp.jpg
http://usera.imagecave.com/pikachu1300/zelda022.bmp.jpg
http://usera.imagecave.com/pikachu1300/zelda023.bmp.jpg
http://usera.imagecave.com/pikachu1300/zelda024.bmp.jpg
http://usera.imagecave.com/pikachu1300/zelda025.bmp.jpg

Also, I have a new area that I didn't take a picture of. I should've done that, but I digress...

elise
03-14-2006, 06:44 PM
I am gonna download your latest version now so don't know if these bugs are already fixed or not but on my way to level 3 over the water tile path
I found 2 bomb entrances the first one in the middle brings me to an empty dungeon
The second one on the end I can't enter

Nimono
03-14-2006, 06:46 PM
I am gonna download your latest version now so don't know if these bugs are already fixed or not but on my way to level 3 over the water tile path
I found 2 bomb entrances the first one in the middle brings me to an empty dungeon
The second one on the end I can't enter
Please take a screenshot of the area so I know what you're talking about.

I know what you're talking about now. I was going to put an extra Piece of Heart in that room, but I decided against it. Instead, you gain info!

Also, I'm making a guy who gives you the path to the top of Level 1, so be on the lookout!
Oh, and the extra Bomb flag was taken out. Will update soon.

elise
03-14-2006, 06:58 PM
I have screenhots
okay the next one I got the bait , went to buy another for the second guy but get stuck in the swamp dungeon (to get around the bushes in the left up corner )

Nimono
03-14-2006, 07:00 PM
I have screenhots
okay the next one I got the bait , went to buy another for the second guy but get stuck in the swamp dungeon (to get around the bushes in the left up corner )
Could you be more specific? Look, unless yuo give me screenshots, I dson't know what you're talking about.

elise
03-14-2006, 07:07 PM
yeah but you know most players can't show you screens if you don't send them your email , but your lucky I can :P
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a261/elise62/pickaguy.gif

Nimono
03-14-2006, 07:10 PM
yeah but you know most players can't show you screens if you don't send them your email , but your lucky I can :P
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a261/elise62/pickaguy.gif
AHHHH!!! I FORGOT TO ADD THE SQUARES!!!! Thanks for pointing that out! Great. Now I have to uplaod it AGAIN. It wouldn't be a problem except that opening a new window usually closes all other windows running the internet...

Okay, I think it's fixed now.

Nimono
03-14-2006, 08:03 PM
Have fun with this quest!

ms_zelda_lady
03-15-2006, 01:02 PM
I've played the lastest download and you'll be happy to know pikaguy900 the dreaded key door problem is fixed for me. I'm now stuck in level 2 and can't get any further without the boomerang. Can anyone tell me where it is?

Thanks in advance,
ms_zelda_lady

Nimono
03-15-2006, 04:42 PM
I've played the lastest download and you'll be happy to know pikaguy900 the dreaded key door problem is fixed for me. I'm now stuck in level 2 and can't get any further without the boomerang. Can anyone tell me where it is?

Thanks in advance,
ms_zelda_lady
It's in a new area that's under the swamp. When you first enter it, you'll only have access to screens 43 and 33. Screen 33 has the Boomerang. Remember the little temple-like thing that sent you to the screen north of it? Well, it leads to the new area. Level 8 will be in this area, along with other stuff. I'm going to try to make some tiles that make it look "glittery" and shiny. I want the area to look like it's full of crystals.

ms_zelda_lady
03-15-2006, 08:19 PM
Thanks I found it right after I posted. Level 2 totally finished with no problems at all. Now I'm stuck in level 3 looking for a key. I've already given the guy the bait 3 times and theres a key door to the left that I haven't found the key for. Oh yeah and the red bomb...... what do I do with that? Help from anyone would be appreciated.

ms_zelda_lady

elise
03-15-2006, 08:24 PM
That red bomb don't use it on those pots that %^&*( you find something outside that hide something that is already dead and bomb that

Nimono
03-15-2006, 08:24 PM
Thanks I found it right after I posted. Level 2 totally finished with no problems at all. Now I'm stuck in level 3 looking for a key. I've already given the guy the bait 3 times and theres a key door to the left that I haven't found the key for. Oh yeah and the red bomb...... what do I do with that? Help from anyone would be appreciated.

ms_zelda_lady
DO NOT WASTE THE SUPER BOMB. AT THIS POINT, YOU CAN ONLY HAVE ONE, AND IF YOU WASTE IT, YOU MUST RESTART THE QUEST FROM THE START. Go to the 2nd entrance to level 1 (the one that has all those Blue Octoroks). Go south one screen and use the super bomb on the graves. Push the lone grave that is left. Oh, and ignore the black tiles. I forgot to fix that.

Oh, and pushing the grave leads you to the Red Candle, which you should use to destroy the pots. If you've played The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures, you'll notice Red Pots on Death Mountain that contain fire. I noticed that the pots that I used looked like those pots in CSet 4. I decided to make them flammable so you could burn them, giving it the look that you made the pot explode.

Rakki
03-15-2006, 08:44 PM
DO NOT WASTE THE SUPER BOMB. AT THIS POINT, YOU CAN ONLY HAVE ONE, AND IF YOU WASTE IT, YOU MUST RESTART THE QUEST FROM THE START.
...You should probably fix this somehow. Especially if this is later on in the quest, as, if someone does end up wasting the Super Bomb, they probably aren't going to want to start the quest over from the beginning because of it. I'm not saying, give out more Super Bombs for free, I'm just suggesting a way to be able to BUY them, probably for a few hundred rupees, so it's not possible to end up unable to finish the quest.

ms_zelda_lady
03-15-2006, 08:51 PM
Thanks for the help. I'll go back and use it on the graves pikaguy900.

ms_zelda_lady

Nimono
03-15-2006, 08:51 PM
...You should probably fix this somehow. Especially if this is later on in the quest, as, if someone does end up wasting the Super Bomb, they probably aren't going to want to start the quest over from the beginning because of it. I'm not saying, give out more Super Bombs for free, I'm just suggesting a way to be able to BUY them, probably for a few hundred rupees, so it's not possible to end up unable to finish the quest.
Actually, I already have, and I'm going to hide a few more after level 5, mainly in the underground area. Before level 4, you pass a skeleton you can't remove. It's blocking a cave. Super Bomb it to get into the only Bomb Shop in the quest. You can buy Bombs for 30 Jewels and Super Bombs for... 100, I think. I can't remember.

So remember, don't worry about having to restart later in the quest. Try to get as many Super Bombs as you can. Wait, I've got a better idea. I'm going to make it to where you can get Super Bombs BEFORE level 4, BUT you need the 1st Wallet Upgrade (Which is found on the way to level 4. Ha ha.).
I am now working on Level 5's Door Combo set (it uses a different kind of palette than the normal doors, so I must make a door combo set for this whole dungeon). When that's done, I will work on Level 5 itself, so the next update will contian level 5, not to mention more of the vast underground mining area.

Okay, I'm starting on making the vast underground area. Well, up to the part that gets you to level 5. Just try to shield your eyes-the floor and crystals flash the same 4 colors at a speed of 3, so there's a lot of flashy, but hey, that's what you'd expect from something called Shining Mine Cave.

ms_zelda_lady
03-15-2006, 11:15 PM
Finished level 3 and now looking for level 4. Finally bought a shield but now I have to get some money to buy the clues that hopefully lead to level 4.
Do I really have to spend alot of money or is level 4 in front of my eyes and I just don't see it? BTW I got the Lens of Truth but it doesn't work so when do I get some magic for it to work?

ms_zelda_lady

Nimono
03-16-2006, 04:45 PM
Finished level 3 and now looking for level 4. Finally bought a shield but now I have to get some money to buy the clues that hopefully lead to level 4.
Do I really have to spend alot of money or is level 4 in front of my eyes and I just don't see it? BTW I got the Lens of Truth but it doesn't work so when do I get some magic for it to work?

ms_zelda_lady
The Lens of Truth is the item for the first half of level 3. I've decided to change level 3 around so you DON'T get the Triforce at the end of the first part. Instead, ther will be a hidden, second entrance that you can get to after getting the Boots. You start getting Magic in level 5. There are no MCs in the overworld, and there's 2 per level in levels 5-8. Also, the entrance to level 4 IS in front of your eyes, only it's closed. Try to find something with the word "Magic" in its name that ISN'T an equpiment item and it doesn't require magic. Get it, and look for a second Pyramid (not the ice-blue one, you get the White Sword there). Also, be careful for Stalfos 2s.

Nimono
03-16-2006, 08:15 PM
I just want to add one little memo here: I'm currently starting on the second half of level 3. It'll be in the shape of.... the first quest's level 9! BUT it will NOT be the same path, oh no. This dungeon will use Block Puzzles, and big ones, too. The very first room has a block puzzle! Ha! Oh, and there's also a downstairs. You'll fall into it partway through the dungeon (and it's what will give the Dungeon its name-Death Prison). If you don't have a key (which you won't), you can't get out. Muahahaha. Oh wait... The bars will be weak. Hehe. Oh, I've also finished making the Door Combo set for level 5. END MEMO.

cpoet
03-17-2006, 10:53 AM
Playing your quest. Notice when killed enemy they drop bombs then pick them, they are not showing in the menu. It remains bombs 0

any cheat hints like level one perhaps

Thanks
Cpoet

Nimono
03-17-2006, 04:48 PM
Playing your quest. Notice when killed enemy they drop bombs then pick them, they are not showing in the menu. It remains bombs 0

any cheat hints like level one perhaps

Thanks
Cpoet
Nothing is wrong there. I have no level 1 cheats. I MAY add them when the full quest is finished, and you can buy bombs outside the second entrance/exit to level one. Go south one screen and left one from where you appear and enter the cave. You'll need 50 Jewels to buy the bomb upgrades, though, and there are a select few in the overworld. The rest are in level 2 for the same price.

Nimono
03-17-2006, 08:53 PM
If you have anymore questions, I'll be happy to answer them, as well as fix any bugs you find. Let me know if you find a major bug. If it's minor, I'll still fix it, but I need to know if there are any MAJOR bugs.

Nimono
03-19-2006, 05:40 PM
Okay, I'd like some suggestions. I'm getting close to finishing the second half of the third dungeon. I've already decided one these features for the whole of this dungeon, called Death Prison:

1: Bottom floor has a "prison". Get a key within it to escape the prison.
2: Block puzzles all over the top floor, but not in every room.
3: Blocks with Wand symbols block your path sometimes. Use the Wand to get rid of them.
4: Wand is here.
5: "Ghost Rooms", which are rooms that cannot be entered from the usual side, are here. Here's an example: The far-right room at the bottom has a door on the left side, but not the north side. There's a room to the north that you can't get to this room from. Go past that room to find a path to the right. It leads to this room.

Now, I seriously need another suggestion. I want to have one more puzzle or distraction in this dungeon, but I'm stumped. Of course, the dungeon is ever bit as big as Level 9 is in the first quest, only you can't get in the eyes. I DID add some humor into the dungeon, in the form of a guy in a room filled with fire. He'll ask you to save him from the fire. Instead, why don't you give him more misery?

Nimono
03-21-2006, 03:39 PM
Okay, Level 3-2, Death Prison, has been completed. Note that the basement looks like Abe Lincoln. I have NO idea why I made the second part look like a hat... As for the top floor? First quest's Level 9, without any rooms in the eyes. Also, even when you beat the boss, you'll have to go through more rooms to get the Triforce, so don't think you're off the hook with the Block puzzles and Red AND Blue Darknuts. Oh, and don't worry about the enemies, as you can find the Wand here. Also in here is Farore's Wind (it's a Green Ring) and TWO EXTRA HEART CONTAINERS! One is in the "hat" of the basement's "skull". The other is on Floor One, but you need the boots to get it, so you can't get it just yet. Oh, and before I forget to mention it, I'm going to also work on a walkthrough for this quest. Have fun! (The link is on page 1)

Okay, I think that I should post the link to this demo again, in case people don't want to look at old posts:
http://www.geocities.com/pikachu_fan_13/LegendJewels.zip

Oh, and as for getting into Level 3-2.... You don't really need the Boots. I know a little trick to getting in there WITHOUT the boots, but I'm not revealing it unless you MUST know...

If you need any help, just say the word.

captlagnaf
03-23-2006, 07:32 PM
Finished level 4 and trying second half of level 3, I am having problem with one of the block puzzles. It is in the room that you have to use the wand. When you hit the trigger it moves. When you hit it again the paths to move the blocks appear, In the upper left there is no way to move the block. Also is there a way to get to level 5 and where are the boots,

Nimono
03-23-2006, 07:41 PM
Finished level 4 and trying second half of level 3, I am having problem with one of the block puzzles. It is in the room that you have to use the wand. When you hit the trigger it moves. When you hit it again the paths to move the blocks appear, In the upper left there is no way to move the block. Also is there a way to get to level 5 and where are the boots,
Huh? I'll look into that. As for level 5 and the boots, you can't get them yet. As stated in the very first post, THIS IS ONLY A DEMO. I wanted people to get interested in the quest before I finished it.

Okay, I HOPE I fixed the problem in Death Prison. I'll get back to work on the quest soon. But.... Level 5 ups the ante of difficulty by a LOT. I'll be putting Wizzrobes in that level, but don't worry about their magic. As long as you stray from the path, you'll find 2 objects of such URGENCE that you should NOT complete the level without them. Besides, it'll help you turn the tables on those Wizzrobes. In other words, LEVEL 5 IS THE BEGINNING OF THE MAGIC CONTAINERS. BE PREPARED TO GO OFF THE BEATEN PATH TO FIND THEM.

Oh wait... Why am I talking about level 5 when I HAVEN'T EVEN FINISHED IT YET?! Oh well. Back to work on Shining Mine Cave!

Nimono
03-24-2006, 03:25 PM
Those of you who are awaiting Level 5, the Magic Containers, and, more importantly, the boots will be glad to know that I am now working on Level 5, the dungeon that begins the hunt for Magic Containers. This dungeon has two Red Wizzrobes as the mini-boss, and the first Magic Container is guarded by a Splitting Darknut. The dungeon item so far is the Hookshot. You'll need it to get through the dungeon, not to mention to get to the boss, which will probably be a Wizzrobe or two (of the Wind variety, of course). Also, the raft will be an elusive item, placed in the Shining Mine Cave, along with the Boots. Finding the Raft lets you get to Levels 6 and 7, and the boots are REQUIRED to beat level 7, the Poison Castle. Without the boots, you'll be harmed by the poison in the air around the castle, which is why I decided to make the graphics for the boots a Ring, which I will call the Ring of Protection (hey, it sounds better that whta I WAS going to call it: the Ring of Forever). I may make the Ring take no magic, but as of now, it will. Now, the next update will include levels 5-7 (or maybe the whole entire quest). In other words, wait a bit longer, and I'll get back to you with an update. Be patient. I'm sure you're eager to see how I use each item in my quest.....

Update:
Here's my "chart" for the Heart Containers and Pieces of Heart in this quest:

HCs:
1 for beating boss in levels 1, 2, 3-2, 4, 5, and 6.
4 in Pieces of Heart from levels 1-4.

Pieces of Heart (Overworlds):
Jewel Kingdom: 8
Shining Mine Cave: 4

Note that I do not have many Pieces of Heart in the overworlds. This is because I only want 16 Hearts in this quest. If I added more, you'd have over 20 hearts, which would possibly make the quest too easy. Also, the full HCs in Level 3-2 WILL be taken out. Instead, they'll be useful items, like a heart or fairy in one and maybe a subscreen item in the other.

Umm... Oops. Please don't download the quest yet. I forgot that I was testing the 2nd half of Level 3, and I forgot to take it away. Please wait for me to get done testing something in level 5, THEN you can download it again.

Nimono
03-24-2006, 06:42 PM
Sorry for the post, but, again, it's important.

I have updated my quest. Happy you shall be, for you can now access most of level 5, but not the boss. The first dungeon item is the Hookshot. In the room with all the pots, there is a key, a staircase, and a Lock Block. DO NOT UNLOCK THIS BLOCK. Why? If you do, you can't beat the dungeon, and you'll have to START ALL OVER. Thus, I will have a hidden shop that sells Keys. It'll be in the Shining Mine Cave, but it'll be hidden. VERY hidden. Also, the hammer is in this dungeon, to help you with the boss: 4 Blue Darknuts, 1 Digdogger (3 Kids), and 5 Wall Masters. A deadly group, isn't it? Good thing you can't get there yet...

Also, I've included my "Heart Chart", and....

A new demo. I don't know why I wanted to do this, but I did. I put a demo of my Mario quest (currently unnamed) in the zip. Play it if you want. I've only done the first two levels, though, since each level spans no less than 2 floors. Look for the secret area if you decide to play it.

Now.... I'm working on a walkthrough. Currently, only the Update Archives and the items from Levels 1-4 are in the walkthrough home, but here it is anyways:

http://www.geocities.com/pikachu_fan_13/LotJ

http://www.geocities.com/pikachu_fan_13/index

Sorry, but I have to post it again. Well, another update is here. This time, Level 5 CAN BE PLAYED ALL THE WAY. The theme here is NOT snow and ice, as you might think. The theme is "Passageway". I WAS going to use a passageway to the mini-boss room, but the music wouldn't change, so I had to change the tile and the warp type. Beware, the mini-boss is 2 Red Wizzrobes. But you got the first Magic Container, right? ...Right? I doubt it. It's guarded by a Splitting Darknut. I'd suggest avoiding the one until you get the Hammer in the room right before the Boss. By the way, you NEED magic to beat this dungeon, just like you NEED the wand AND magic to get to level 6. Enjoy.

I'm going to let you people in on something:
In most of my quests, the order of the dungeons in linear and pretty simple. Not true towards the end of this quest. You DON'T have to beat Level 6 to get to Level 7. You MUST get the dungeon item from level 6 to get to beat Level 7, though. Likewise, you can get to Level 8 before EITHER of them. However, you can't even ENTER it until Levels 1-7 are completed, as the items in Levels 6 and 7 help you get in. Level 6's item will be the Flippers. Level 7's item will be the Mirror Shield. As for Level 8.... I'm not telling. You'll have to wait for the next update.

Update: I made a SMALL update to the quest. I seem to have given you the ladder from the start. It's no big deal, but took it from you anyways. I also took out my mario quest from the ZIP and checked the Frreform dungeons rule. I hope it hasn't affected my locked doors much...