PDA

View Full Version : DOR tileset

Espo
03-12-2006, 08:29 PM
I've been working on an unreleased quest for quite possibly one of the longest periods in ZC history. I started this quest in 2003 and it is still not even halfway finished (I go on a hiatus for months at a time it seems).

I've recently downloaded the Dream of Remembrance tileset from PureZC and have spent the last 2 months laying out combos for this set. I love the graphics in this set and would like to update my incomplete quest to use this set, HOWEVER, I recently went into the string menu that came with quest into which this set has been published and see that it says

"Welcome to Phosphor's tileset. You must be a beta tester if you are reading this. Firstly I would like to, thank you for testing, my set and secondly, I ask that you not take any new tiles, until the public release. I do intend to release this publicly once you guys help me iron out any problems with this set. Once again, thank you and enjoy."

I'm not sure how to proceed. The quest file that I downloaded with these tiles had a ton of great tiles but no combos laid out for this. I've laid out tons of combos (close to 11,000 at this point). I need to know

a) who created this package so that I can ask permission to use it

b) who created this package so that if I get permission I can credit the creator

c) I'm willing to submit the work that I've done if it will help the progress of this awesome graphics package

Please contact me on the AGN forum if there is any info on my requests. Thanks all.

Espo

firefly
03-12-2006, 08:44 PM
And what's the name of the quest?
You said DOR, but when I look at the strings, they say something different...

EDIT: Yeah, I know what tileset you're talking about, you're using Pure Enhanced Tileset made by Phosphorescent Image!!!

Espo
03-13-2006, 09:41 PM
Yes... Pure Enhanced. I saw somewhere in this midst of my editing that the updates to this set were based on the DOR set. I suppose the creator I'm looking for is Phosphor???

SpacemanDan
03-15-2006, 09:28 PM
I've got both. Actually, if you go down in the combo list a bit, there should be a few combos, but not that many, but it could be a start. I like those graphics too. Just about every item is animated, it HAS the Nayru's love shield, but the only negative thing I found was (but can easily be fixed) that the animation speeds were too slow. (for my likeing, anyways.) I especially like the Link tiles.

Espo
03-18-2006, 05:39 PM
Yeah I noticed the combos that were there but I've spent a lot of time carefully organizing and laying out combos for all types of grounds, forests, mountains, water, water objects, houses, buildings, caves, dungeons, etc.. I have about 11,000 combos laid out at this point and I'm almost done with it. I kind of assume that since I found this on tilesets at PureZC that it should be ok to use it. I don't know. Maybe I'll try to contact Phosphorescent Image on PureZC.

Nimono
03-19-2006, 02:29 PM
Yeah I noticed the combos that were there but I've spent a lot of time carefully organizing and laying out combos for all types of grounds, forests, mountains, water, water objects, houses, buildings, caves, dungeons, etc.. I have about 11,000 combos laid out at this point and I'm almost done with it. I kind of assume that since I found this on tilesets at PureZC that it should be ok to use it. I don't know. Maybe I'll try to contact Phosphorescent Image on PureZC.
If it's on PureZC, ANYONE can use it. I think....

LinktheMaster
03-19-2006, 05:43 PM
Tileset (http://www.purezc.com/index.php?page=tilesets&id=50)
Creator (http://www.purezc.com/forums/index.php?showuser=2479)

However, what pikaguy900 said is correct. Any tiles, tilesets, or music on the PureZC database are free for anyone to use, without having to give credit to the creator of the item in question. ;)