PDA

View Full Version : When Link died there is a color PROBLEM !

Bull Bizard
03-12-2006, 10:27 AM
In the overworld : NO problem. :cool:

In dongeons and caves : When my hero died the color of the screen change (like in the original game, ok ?) and become red with some tile black... and all black for a moment (the hero disapear) and finally the hero appear in gray and died.

I think it's a problem with the "dark room" style, no ?
I haven't configured any dark rooms for now because I don't understand the "dark tiles".

Ok, is what I say a little muddled ?? :googly:

firefly
03-12-2006, 02:16 PM
This problem always happen, if I place combos that say "cave" on layer 0 and the normal ground on layer 1, when Link dies, the "cave" combo sometimes shows up, and an odd coloring of the tiles.

Rakki
03-12-2006, 10:57 PM
In dongeons and caves : When my hero died the color of the screen change (like in the original game, ok ?) and become red with some tile black... and all black for a moment (the hero disapear) and finally the hero appear in gray and died.
Are you using the original LoZ graphics? If so, I don't see what the problem is... He normally turns gray right before he dies, just like you explained. Even on the overworld.

Oh, and Firefly, I think jman fixed that layering problem in 2.11 beta 10. :D

Bull Bizard
03-13-2006, 08:50 AM
Are you using the original LoZ graphics? If so, I don't see what the problem is... He normally turns gray right before he dies, just like you explained. Even on the overworld.

No, I use the graphics like zelda game boy (they were in a quest in zelda classic).

Nicholas Steel
03-13-2006, 08:54 AM
i take it your talking about... link disappearing during the death animation instead of being visible till he winks out of existence?

Bull Bizard
03-13-2006, 04:09 PM
i take it your talking about... link disappearing during the death animation instead of being visible till he winks out of existence?

Yes, but in the dongeon only...
I think it's because of the color set or palette because the screen becomes all black when link disapear. :(

Ares
04-27-2006, 02:01 PM
cool thanks