PDA

View Full Version : Problem with dongeon locked and shutter doors

Bull Bizard
03-12-2006, 06:54 AM
In my dongeon I try to put some shutter and locked doors but it doesn't work :(
(I use the command doors not the tiles).

The doors appear always open. When I read the tutorial about it, this problem isn't mentioned...
Please help !!! :scared:

Nicholas Steel
03-12-2006, 07:10 AM
set an enemy then in screen flags set enemies -> secret.

Bull Bizard
03-12-2006, 07:45 AM
Ok, I'll try this !

But I tried to do this with a bloc movable. I pt the cross in "Block -shutter" and it never matched !

And what I can do with the locked door problem ???

Nicholas Steel
03-12-2006, 07:58 AM
But I tried to do this with a bloc movable. I pt the cross in "Block -shutter" and it never matched !

make sure your not making a freeform dungeon as i have not done such a thing.

Love For Fire
03-12-2006, 09:55 AM
Freeform dungeons don't effect being able to use regular door sets, you just have to give them the overhead combos.

Bull Bizard, double check that on the DMap your dungeon is in, the tyoe is set to Dungeon and not Overworld. Also, the Level number must NOT be 0. I'm pretty either one of those two commonly made mistakes are the reason shutters magically open by themselves.

Bull Bizard
03-12-2006, 10:20 AM
Thanks a lot :)

I've changed the level num and put 1 and not 0...
And it works ! :)

But now, there is another pb... My hero appear Face down and walk a little down when just arrived in the dongeon.

Before he was facing up (and walking up maybe).

Anyone can save me ??? :scared:

(And I don't really get what is the "level" of a dmap... I put level 10 to my others dmap for all the caves and houses because someone tell me to do this).

Nimono
03-12-2006, 04:39 PM
Thanks a lot :)

I've changed the level num and put 1 and not 0...
And it works ! :)

But now, there is another pb... My hero appear Face down and walk a little down when just arrived in the dongeon.

Before he was facing up (and walking up maybe).

Anyone can save me ??? :scared:

(And I don't really get what is the "level" of a dmap... I put level 10 to my others dmap for all the caves and houses because someone tell me to do this).
Green Square-At bottom of screen with the checkerboard-like pattern overlapping the bottom half.

Nicholas Steel
03-12-2006, 07:15 PM
either green square placed on bottom of screen or have a solid item like a block, bush, wall segment etc. directly below the green square.

Bull Bizard
03-13-2006, 08:56 AM
Green Square-At bottom of screen with the checkerboard-like pattern overlapping the bottom half.

I've already done this but Link directly teleport out of the dongeon when he just came in...
(Because he walks down !)

I'll try the "solide thing" below the green square !

ShadowTiger
03-13-2006, 10:08 AM
I've already done this but Link directly teleport out of the dongeon when he just came in...(Because he walks down !) ... So .. .. um .. .. place the square a few tiles up? O_o'

Bull Bizard
03-13-2006, 10:09 AM
Ok ! I have "initialized" the custom quest in my game slot at the begining and all the things worked !!! :D
I don't know why, but it's cool !

Nimono
03-13-2006, 05:14 PM
I've already done this but Link directly teleport out of the dongeon when he just came in...
(Because he walks down !)

I'll try the "solide thing" below the green square !
That's because you put the ENTIRE green square at the checkerboard part. You're supposed to put the BOTTOM part. Remember, Link can stand on the top part of one tile and the bottom part of another AT THE SAME TIME. Look at the checkerboard part. Place the green square so that only the top part of it is visible on the screen. Without letting go of the mouse button, move the square up 1/2 of a tile, so it's half under the edge of the screen (checkerboard part) and half above it. That'll work. It's the only way to successfully do that. Also, if you put a solid object below Link when he comes in, he'll go through and INTO it.