PDA

View Full Version : How do I make direct warps?

Limzo
03-11-2006, 10:47 AM
Ok. So I have one room where you are upstairs. When you stand on the stairs, I want to direct warp to a room I have set as downstairs. In the original tileset, the stairs were set to cave walk down, but I could not get them to take you to the downstairs room, they took you to a cave instead. So I changed them to Direct warp and went Data -> Tile warp and told it the screen where I wanted it to warp you to, and I am still appearing in the cave. What am I doing wrong?

Plus I have another problem. The downstairs screen is screen 10 and upstairs is 00. When I make screen 10's pallete the same as screen 00's, screen 00's transparent layer is not coming out right. What am I doing wrong?

Love For Fire
03-11-2006, 03:29 PM
For changing screens like that, make sure the combo is stairs of some type, go to Tile Warp, choose an insta-warp of any type (probably blackout, or openscreen) and make the target screen the downstairs screen. Don't forget your blue markers so you end up where you want on the other floor. Repeat the process so you can go back upstairs. The reason you are teleporting to a cave is because the warp type is set to cave/item room.

If screen 00 is on a different DMap than screen 10, you must give that DMap the same pallete.

Rakki
03-12-2006, 02:24 AM
Don't forget your blue markers so you end up where you want on the other floor.
This is usually what you'd do for a tile warp, but when you are using Direct Warps like that, you can skip this step, because a Direct Warp takes you to the same tile in a different screen.

Limzo
03-12-2006, 04:01 AM
Thanks you guys. Oh, and I did not explain the transparent thing clearly enough but it does not matter because I mysteriously fixed it. Besides, it only happened on ZQuest any way.

But how can I make it look like link is going down/up the stairs. He just mysteriously appears on the floor above/below. Plus, how do I make link face forward on the blue square. He always has his back turned. Does he have something against me?

P.s. Can someone please tell me how to pronounce "ZQuest". Since I am English I am calling it "Zed-Kwest" but I do not know weather this site is American or not so could somebody tell me which one: "Zed-Kwest" or "Zee-Kwest"?

Nicholas Steel
03-12-2006, 04:53 AM
i say zed-kwest

Limzo
03-13-2006, 12:25 PM
Thanks you guys. Oh, and I did not explain the transparent thing clearly enough but it does not matter because I mysteriously fixed it. Besides, it only happened on ZQuest any way.

But how can I make it look like link is going down/up the stairs. He just mysteriously appears on the floor above/below. Plus, how do I make link face forward on the blue square. He always has his back turned. Does he have something against me?