PDA

View Full Version : Zelda in 3D

drkptrs1975
03-11-2006, 08:48 AM
Do you any any ideas on how to make Zelda in 3D, any help would be apperiated.

Nicholas Steel
03-11-2006, 08:55 AM
zelda in 3d has allready been done... i forget the site but it was like 300mb in size... i saw it like 4 years ago... it was never complete.

firefly
03-11-2006, 01:00 PM
And why do you want to make Zelda in 3D anyway?
I don't think this can be done in Zelda Classic. :(

Megafont
03-15-2006, 02:06 AM
No it can't be done in ZeldaClassic. However, I typed in "Zelda 3D" in Google and found a 3D Zelda fangame being made on ZeldaRealm.com but it's pretty primitive at this point.

But I think making Zelda in 3D would be pretty cool. I think it would be very cool if someone made something like a 3D ZeldaClassic. A 3D Zelda engine for which you could build your own adventures would be pretty awesome. :D

I guess if I get into my 3D game programming book and learn that stuff I could eventually make a 3D engine myself, but that'd be quite an undertaking to do alone. hehe

LinkvsSora101
03-17-2006, 12:46 AM
Hes right, Zelda Realm is in the making of a 3D zelda game. I tried the Demo, Link runs weird and you cant swing your sword, but thats just a demo, im sure that in the future (far in the future) it will be ready. But i doubt it will have the features Zelda Classic has.

LinkvsSora101
03-17-2006, 12:53 AM
Yeah, after the first play, i uninstalled the program. It is laggy, boring, there are no enemies, and as i said, cant swing sword. Thats only the demo, though, the real version may be different. DO NOT get the demo though, very boring!

Popuri
03-23-2006, 09:04 PM
An mmorpg would be cool.

Zelda_Warrior
05-04-2006, 05:09 PM
There was an old tileset/quest released a hell of a long time ago that had '#D' graphics with some BS-Style monsters and a rather large house in it, I forgot anything else about it though.

It was sucky 3D.

Warlock
05-04-2006, 05:11 PM
There was an old tileset/quest released a hell of a long time ago that had '#D' graphics with some BS-Style monsters and a rather large house in it, I forgot anything else about it though.

It was sucky 3D.

I think I saw it recently over in the QuestDB actually :) Or was it the tiles at PureZC? Either way, I remember that one.. youch..

Pineconn
05-04-2006, 05:46 PM
Hmm... I suppose a 3D Zelda game could be made in ZC. In 2.11, that is. With multiple tile warps, they can be placed in front, left, right, and behind Link, who is under layer 6 which has the scene. Each tile warp would turn you (left/right), walk forward, or back up. Each "scene" would have to be ripped and pre-rendered. Just continue until a game of about 375,000,000,000,000 scenes is made! A "scene" would have to be any direction Link can face, on any point Link can stand. Oh, and there can't be any items or enemies. AND it would have to be 1st person. ;)

Zelda_Warrior
05-05-2006, 08:20 PM
That can be done now, but it sucks really bad.

Unless link is going in straight tunnels or something like in phantasy star 1, thats easy to do, but still takes a lot of screens.

z-nut
05-14-2006, 05:15 AM
that would be pritty cool

Zelda_Warrior
06-15-2006, 12:00 AM
not really, it wouldnt have any puzzles

Nicholas Steel
06-15-2006, 12:25 AM
it can be done... but think of playing zelda64: OOT at 1fps.

Pineconn
06-15-2006, 11:57 PM
Go ahead - make it and show it to me. Yeah, not gonna happen. ;) On ZC.

Steelerfan
06-16-2006, 07:47 PM
Oh, I'd listen to Pineconn. He made one of the COOLEST games EVER...End of Time. Awesome game...:cool:

Pineconn
06-17-2006, 10:29 PM
:redface: Come on, it really wasn't that great... I made it in, like, a month without even planning it or anything. It really is kind of sloppy, but that's in the past. ;) The remake will be better.

Steelerfan
06-20-2006, 10:41 AM
Ohh, quit being so modest, Pineconn, it was an awesome game. Can't wait for your next one :D

iwn12
06-24-2006, 02:58 AM

actually with time and using pit warps a lot, and one screen for each foot step, it could almost look 3d. but just to make it look like your walking to a mountain you would need that mountain in 100 + different sizes

System Error
06-24-2006, 03:15 AM

It's plausable, although it wouldn't be very good. It'd be best for short sections or maybe even a mini-game. And it'd take up a lot of tiles. But at any rate, if you take advantage of multiple stair tiles, it shouldn't be too hard, if you think creatively. ;)

Pineconn
06-24-2006, 04:15 PM
It's plausable, although it wouldn't be very good. It'd be best for short sections or maybe even a mini-game. And it'd take up a lot of tiles. But at any rate, if you take advantage of multiple stair tiles, it shouldn't be too hard, if you think creatively. ;)

Yeah, it's "possible," as I stated here:

Hmm... I suppose a 3D Zelda game could be made in ZC. In 2.11, that is. With multiple tile warps, they can be placed in front, left, right, and behind Link, who is under layer 6 which has the scene. Each tile warp would turn you (left/right), walk forward, or back up. Each "scene" would have to be ripped and pre-rendered. Just continue until a game of about 375,000,000,000,000 scenes is made! A "scene" would have to be any direction Link can face, on any point Link can stand. Oh, and there can't be any items or enemies. AND it would have to be 1st person. ;)

Go ahead and do it. :)

System Error
06-24-2006, 06:32 PM
Umm...I said "It'd be best for short sections or maybe even a mini-game." Not an entire game. And I forgot to mention this, but it was somewhat implied: it should be simplistic. Like the maze mini-game in Legend of the Mystical Ninja. You really have to play it to see what I'm getting at, but once you understand, it'll make more sense. You cannot make it like OoT with its free-roaming nature.