PDA

View Full Version : I think the Quest Database is not operating.

rocksfan13
03-10-2006, 05:58 PM
I don't think that anyone is in charge of the Quest Database.

After talking to many people, it has come to my attention that no one is assigned to the database update. If you try to contact eckels, he is not around.

Maybe a moderator could answer this dilema. I'm sure the ZCer's would like to see some new additions to the database as well as the quest makers, like myself, are waiting for their quests to be uploaded.

It would be nice to know.

Nicholas Steel
03-10-2006, 09:23 PM
yes im wanting to know aswell... its been months i think till they added a new quest. (updates are not counted)

Petoe
03-13-2006, 08:46 PM
Ah, the zeldaclassic.com's quest database...

It's a shame that ZC's "main site" is so poorly run. :(
It's not updated in ages, it doesn't look that good... heck, it seems like you cannot even log in there anymore and comment/rate quests. Sheesh...

firefly
03-13-2006, 09:00 PM
Ah, the zeldaclassic.com's quest database...

It's a shame that ZC's "main site" is so poorly run. :(
It's not updated in ages, it doesn't look that good... heck, it seems like you cannot even log in there anymore and comment/rate quests. Sheesh...

Yup, no new quests in months, It says that I already rated the quest but I haven't, no new announcements in AGES, uhhh...
I haven't seen Eckels in a while... So no one is in charge of the QDB... :(

rocksfan13
03-14-2006, 09:35 AM
If you check Eckels (http://www.armageddongames.net/member.php?u=296) profile, it says hes gone for a long time. And I have posted a thread related to the voting and commenting on quests. Almost seems like nobody cares.

BTW, it's been like that since the upgrade to AGN. Right along with the IE quick reply bug.

Rakki
03-14-2006, 06:06 PM
I think the reason it seems like nobody cares about the quest database is because they either host their quests on their own sites, or they just submit them to PZC instead.

firefly
03-14-2006, 06:11 PM
And I think people have already submited quests to the QDB, but they don't show up in the site, the most recient quest is still Zelda-TWEAKED, which was released a few months ago.

ZTC
03-15-2006, 03:20 PM
I did a little browsing, and I've noticed that his last activity was back in early December. Since Eckels hasn't been around, who exactly is in charge of the ZC page untill he comes back?

rocksfan13
03-15-2006, 03:44 PM
I think the reason it seems like nobody cares about the quest database is because they either host their quests on their own sites, or they just submit them to PZC instead.

That's what I'm gonna end up doing unless there is an answer to this question of who is in charge. I know JayeM used to be, but he isn't anymore and he doesn't know who, if anybody, is now.

I would really like to post my newest creation Here! But if I have to, I will post it there. And start a thread directed to that link.

Who exactly is in charge of the ZC page untill he comes back?
Nobody knows. And who knows when Eckels will return.

elise
03-15-2006, 09:36 PM
I think we all care but nobody knows who to contact about it
Think this is the most not moderated part of AGN :shrug:

JayeM
03-18-2006, 07:19 PM
I resigned quite some time ago, mostly because I was sick of having to sort through all the fake or faulty submissions: 10-20 of them for every real submission. I informed Eckels and it seems he hasn't bothered to replace me. I suggest talking to Shadowblazer or WarLord.

rocksfan13
03-19-2006, 03:55 PM
I resigned quite some time ago, mostly because I was sick of having to sort through all the fake or faulty submissions: 10-20 of them for every real submission. I informed Eckels and it seems he hasn't bothered to replace me. I suggest talking to Shadowblazer or WarLord.

I have contacted Warlard but haven't heard anything yet. Hopefully I will soon.

I can imagine how that can get annoying very quickly JayeM. I don't blame you.

Pineconn
04-19-2006, 02:39 PM
I'm bumping this because this is a serious... problem. A month later since the last reply, and still nothing. Perhaps some new people should take charge of the site and quest submission database. It would be great to finally have things up and running again (like it was prior to December).

However, a month of nothing. 4 months of no quest updates. Over a year since the last home page update. I have a quest that is almost ready to be submitted, and for whatever reason, I can't log in at PureZC. Of course, neither can anybody at ZC.com. After all, this is the site that started it all. Someone should be contacted to either fix the site (the log-in and QDB) or hand the power to someone else, or, preferably, 2 or 3 people. Checks and balances. Great stuff. :rolleyes:

I would like to contact someone, but I really don't know who. Perhaps someone else could step up and try to fix this. Maybe, and I just thought of this, the guys at PureZC could help us out. The sites probably run about the same. About. Any recent attempt to do ANY of this would be excellent.

rocksfan13
04-19-2006, 02:59 PM
The problem with the PureZC people is they are 90% kids. Not exactly what the AGN Elite would like to have running this site.
I have asked Warlord and haven't heard a thing. Maybe if a good majority of the users of this site got together and asked the right people all at once, they might notice.

The other person that was suggested was Shadowblazer. I haven't contacted Shadow yet, but am thinking about it.

With Eckels out though, who do you really turn to? This site has really gone down since the upgrade at the end of December and very little has been fixed, which includes one of things that makes this site great, The Custom Quest Database. Yes you can use PureZC. But that defeats the purpose.

I'm out of ideas, but would love to gather as much help in getting this fixed. Let me know if would like to help by posting it here! Maybe together, as a group, we can get this working again.

Pineconn
04-19-2006, 03:10 PM
Well... I just emailed eckels... Maybe he will respond to my message. I'll try to keep this thread running so people will notice it. I bet you didn't even know that I am, in fact, only 14 years old (okay, I'll be 15 in 16 days :rolleyes: ), and I am trying to get the site running. Though 90% may be kids at PureZC, some ZC kids might be a little more willing. ;) ;)

I'll contact Shadowblazer and Warlord probably tomorrow. I'll get them to notice me. *evil chuckle* ... Yeah. :rolleyes:

firefly
04-19-2006, 03:16 PM
Also, don't forget the quest comments.
I want to see Zelda Classic main site back, I hate to think that many quests have been submited and yet they haven't been uploaded to zc.com, the comments, we can't rate quests anymore... :mad2:
There should be more activity in the forums if the site is back.

rocksfan13
04-19-2006, 03:23 PM
Well... I just emailed eckels... Maybe he will respond to my message. I'll try to keep this thread running so people will notice it. I bet you didn't even know that I am, in fact, only 14 years old (okay, I'll be 15 in 16 days :rolleyes: ), and I am trying to get the site running. Though 90% may be kids at PureZC, some ZC kids might be a little more willing. ;) ;)

I'll contact Shadowblazer and Warlord probably tomorrow. I'll get them to notice me. *evil chuckle* ... Yeah. :rolleyes:

I've already tried Eckels. He doesn't reply to e-mails. But that is why PureZC is so updated. Because of the youth. I had suggested that we should look into getting some of them to help with AGN as well.

I never heard anything from Warlord, might want to hunt down all the admins and see if we can turn some heads eh?

I've been posting all over about the issues with the quests and comments and site updates. I get replies from plenty that would love to see the change, but nothing has come of it yet. Guess I'll just keep drilling it into people's brains.:rolleyes:

elise
04-19-2006, 03:23 PM
I think anybody that can do anything about this doesn't read this thread :shrug:
There are 4 administrators maybe someone has to send them an email and send a link to this thread along with it .
So they can see it's becoming a real problem .

rocksfan13
04-19-2006, 03:26 PM
Can you help us out here then elise? You take 2 and I'll take 2. I only know of Warlord and ShadowBlazer.

I agree. It will only get worse.

Firefly, and Pinconn can you help as well? The more noise, the better.

elise
04-19-2006, 03:32 PM
okidoki I just send you a pm

firefly
04-19-2006, 03:38 PM
I can help, I'll make as much noise as I can.

rocksfan13
04-19-2006, 03:39 PM
I just cross linked this thread with the one in general discussion about Quest Comments.

Maybe it'll draw some eyes over to this topic as well.

elise
04-19-2006, 03:41 PM
:) we have to do this "noise thing" the right way we wouldn't end up as the banned group ;)

Gerudo
04-19-2006, 03:42 PM
i know it seems like a good idea trying to get ahold of people, and i am all for that, but i think your are fighting a losing battle. none of the admins are really around anymore, and the mods here dont have any privs at the zc site.

i do agree with you that while it is amazingly sleek, it is very poorly run in terms of anyone actually being in charge. maybe one of the devs for ZC will see these kinds of threads (hell, even the mods can), and bring it up in the forum staff.

all i know is that there are some amazing quests out there, but they dont get an form of publication except for uploading it to a geocities account and advertising in a zc forum. yay?

rocksfan13
04-19-2006, 03:45 PM
i do agree with you that while it is amazingly sleek, it is very poorly run in terms of anyone actually being in charge. maybe one of the devs for ZC will see these kinds of threads (hell, even the mods can), and bring it up in the forum staff.

Even that would help! Never the less, I will try.

:) we have to do this "noise thing" the right way we wouldn't end up as the banned group ;)
Definately! We must not be obscene. Only noisy enough to turn the right heads and gain as much support for this cause as we can.

No need to try and get banned. Be nice and ask for attention. Eventually, we will become a mosquito in their ears that will have to swat!

Firefly sent you a pm.

Thanks for all the help!

elise
04-19-2006, 03:58 PM
May be we can also make a thread where everybody can post the link to theire quest and ask Jman2050 or Darkflamewolf to make it a sticky one.
For the time that the database is still down

rocksfan13
04-19-2006, 04:05 PM
May be we can also make a thread where everybody can post the link to theire quest and ask Jman2050 or Darkflamewolf to make it a sticky one.
For the time that the database is still down

Hey! That's not a bad idea!:thumbsup:
Let's do that until it's fixed. Can you start that thread Elise?

elise
04-19-2006, 04:34 PM
I can but wouldn't it be more logic if a questmaker makes that one .
He or she can also put in the first link :)
Jman2050 if you read this can you sticky the thread for us , If we make it ?

rocksfan13
04-19-2006, 04:40 PM
I could, but my latest work hasn't been finished beta tested yet. Maybe someone else?

BTW: I just sent a very nice e-mail to the 3 active admins. Hopefully we'll hear something back. Keep 'em crossed.

elise
04-19-2006, 04:51 PM
You have this one
http://www.armageddongames.net/showpost.php?p=1026770&postcount=1 ;)
I think it must be explained clear that it's only for the link and some screenshots and only full quests no Demo's
no responding , no questions .
something like that so it stays clean ;)

rocksfan13
04-19-2006, 04:56 PM
Ok. I think I did the same for Zelda's Quest too. It's worth a try.
But isn't this thread the same thing?: http://www.armageddongames.net/showthread.php?t=64777
Anyone else?

elise
04-19-2006, 05:05 PM
We also need to PM Jman2005 if he can sticky it , has anyone already did that or who is gonna do that . No need to send 10 pm's to him.
I don't mind doing it if nobody did it .

rocksfan13
04-19-2006, 05:08 PM
I PM'd him to take a look here. But you probably can to be more descriptive.

elise
04-19-2006, 05:19 PM
Ok. I think I did the same for Zelda's Quest too. It's worth a try.
But isn't this thread the same thing?: http://www.armageddongames.net/showthread.php?t=64777
Anyone else?
That one was made to give links to upload it to the questdatabase when the questdatabase was just running there are all kinds of extra questions and comments in it , The ones in there are already uploaded ones and most links probably already down

Nicholas Steel
04-19-2006, 08:24 PM
make a sticky thread for posting a link and pics of your quest... do not allow anything but that in the thread... everything else can be discussed in there own threads.

rocksfan13
04-19-2006, 09:03 PM
That's the basic idea.

Pineconn
04-19-2006, 10:06 PM
Ah, it's good to see I restarted the commotion to revamp ZC.com. :clap: I have a feeling an admin will finally recognize our attempt to bring ZC.com back to its former glory. Tomorrow (it's 9:58 P.M. where I'm at), I'll send the admins a notice or whatnot to try to fix this, or bring a more dedicated member (or 2 or 3) to power. :)

This feels and probably sounds ultra-corny, but I vow to get ZC.com up and running. Get some new people to run it. Luckily, summer vacation is around the corner (okay, another month :rolleyes: ), so we youngins can do it.

EDIT: (Yeah, that's corny all right.)

I may be young, but I've revamped a website, Zanime. It got active for awhile, but, due to lack of partipation, I had to close it. Lack of incentive to come back (it was a message board). Too bad.

rocksfan13
04-19-2006, 11:01 PM
Very good Pineconn. Send it to 'em. I think we can all agree with you when we say we are going to get AGN running again.

I've already sent some e-mails to admins, maybe some PM's could add to it. Like I said earlier, get a mosquito buzzing in their ear they'll have to swat.

Tomorrow we intend to start a new sticky, or at least try to get a sticky, to solve the current condition until it's running again.

Pineconn
04-19-2006, 11:15 PM
I've already sent some e-mails to admins, maybe some PM's could add to it. Like I said earlier, get a mosquito buzzing in their ear they'll have to swat.

Lol, that's a nice metaphor. ;)

Well, I sent an e-mail to the "forum administator" / "webmaster," so maybe I'll get a response from this. It's at the very bottom of the forums, called Contact Us. Maybe some others could use that feature.

Tomorrow we intend to start a new sticky, or at least try to get a sticky, to solve the current condition until it's running again.

Great idea. Is it possible for regular members to post in the Official Announcements forum? That would create excellent disturbance and bring much needed attention.

EDIT: Nope. I didn't try, but could we even post a reply to a non-locked thread in there? Even if it would be "in the wrong thread," an admin will notice the message.

elise
04-20-2006, 06:33 AM
Jman 2050 answered my PM he wants to make it sticky :thumbsup:

make a sticky thread for posting a link and pics of your quest... do not allow anything but that in the thread... everything else can be discussed in there own threads.
The only difficult thing is with keeping it clean , there is never a mod around :rolleyes:
and I don't mean Jman2050 with this ( he is busy enough )I mean a real Zelda mod we have Vel , Darkflamewolf and Cloral

rocksfan13
04-20-2006, 08:31 AM
Ok. Now that we have established this. What information should be placed in the new thread?

I have some ideas but would like to know what you think. I'm thinking it should be similar the actual Database with a story, download link, details, and credits.

I'm thinking the name of the thread should be The Temporary Custom Quest Database: Post your submissions here. Completed Quests ONLY!

elise
04-20-2006, 08:49 AM
No new update postings they have to edit it in their original posting , and can always post about the new upload in a unsticky thread .
Otherwise you end up with ten postings about the same quest and they use it to bump their quest ;)
No questions , no answeres no rating postings
oh you know whats the meaning ........and if you make it and forgot something you can always edit it:tongue: :D

Nicholas Steel
04-20-2006, 08:51 AM
will it be sorted by quest name alphabeticaly? or is it too much work for that?

rocksfan13
04-20-2006, 08:53 AM
Agreed. I will start it with the link to my last release as it was the one most recently updated. I'll start it in Custom Quest Discussion.

Sorting it alphabetically woul be a little much, maybe impossible.

I have started it find it HERE (http://www.armageddongames.net/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=91119).
Opinions?

elise
04-20-2006, 10:13 AM
Great:thumbsup:
At least we have some place to go for new quests as long as the Questdatabase is down .
Now we can use a mod on the zelda classic forum that keeps it clean :)
I vote for Rocksfan 13 :D

Nicholas Steel
04-20-2006, 10:24 AM
i think it would look better if you posted your quest as a seperate post to the rules for that thread. (rather then seperating by a line)

rocksfan13
04-20-2006, 10:40 AM
That would violate the general rules of posting.

ie: No double posting.

elise
04-20-2006, 10:43 AM
That would violate the general rules of posting.

ie: No double posting.
But then again who is gonna stop you :D

rocksfan13
04-20-2006, 10:49 AM
Still. I prefer to obey the rules.

The idea is not to get into trouble. All the more reason not to have an issue with the thread. Maybe jman2050 can separate them.:D

EDIT: The thread has been stickied. Refer to that thread, HERE (http://www.armageddongames.net/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=91119), for your questions.

Thanks to jman2050 for sticking it.

Pineconn
04-20-2006, 12:45 PM
Great job, great job! Like I've said yesterday, I'll bug the admins so that they WILL get my attention. ;) Hopefully the QDB will be up soon... But it's great that you have a temporary thread for this now.

:)

VEL
04-20-2006, 03:50 PM
The only difficult thing is with keeping it clean , there is never a mod around :rolleyes:
and I don't mean Jman2050 with this ( he is busy enough )I mean a real Zelda mod we have Vel , Darkflamewolf and Cloral

If you need anything done in the thread send me a PM and I should be able to take care of it. ;)

elise
04-20-2006, 03:56 PM
Great Vel :thumbsup:
We really want to keep it so clean as possible
Thanks , it's good to know we always can PM you

rocksfan13
04-20-2006, 03:57 PM
Thanks VEL. We very much appreciate it!

I must admit, I was a little worried that none would care, as some have come through here and seen this and said nothing. But then you came along.

Thanks!:thumbsup:

Pineconn
04-20-2006, 07:32 PM
Well, I e-mailed and PMed Shadowblazer, e-mailed and PMed War Lord, AND PMed Eckels (just in case ;) ). I shall let you know if any contact me back.

EDIT: Perhaps this is why Eckels left. This is in the last site update's comments. I added the "[sic]" to rid any bad word. Person to blame? Valientlink. I highlighted the most important parts.

Comment by: Valientlink - October.02.2005
tell eckels hes a [sic]!

Comment by: Eckels - October.03.2005
what the [sic]? YOU! Shut the [sic] UP!

Comment by: Eckels HATER - October.03.2005
ECKELS SUCKS ON HIS [sic] HES A F***HEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!F*** HIM!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by: Vaientlink - October.03.2005
Eckels is a crappy homo who sucks his babie maker/weapon or stick.

Comment by: Warlord - October.03.2005
I hate eckels BUTT iM GONNA KEEL YOU YOU Biatch.

Comment by: ECKELS [sic] - October.03.2005
ECKELS STINKS LIKE A BUCKET OF CRANBERRIE F**K

Comment by: Valientlink - October.03.2005
YOU MARRIED HITLER? ECKELS IS SO GAY!

Comment by: ECKELS STINKS - October.03.2005
I HATE ECKELS!! -NOTE THIS IS NOT FALSE!

Comment by: Justin Sanchez - October.16.2005
make a version for mobile phones! this game is so cool!

Comment by: Fira - October.21.2005
C'mon guys please leave Eckels alone he is a nice guy! Eckels you rock! Also newcomers post in the Newbie forum/The Questions to ask forum (Eckels state its name please) about the questions or PM an admin.

Comment by: Valientlink - October.22.2005
Ya no i am 11 he said the f word to me everyday! FU

And who else set Eckels off? Our very own admin, War Lord.

firefly
04-20-2006, 08:42 PM
GOD!
Also, look what they use the comments for:

Comment by: david christopher miedzianik August.02.2005
CAN I HAVE A GIRLFRIEND ??? LOVE [email protected] ROTHERHAM, SOUTH YORKSHIRE, OLD ENGLAND, UK

Comment by: . April.30.2005
How do u slash ur sword???

Comment by: Valientlink August.27.2005
wait whos comedyman he stole my quest?!

Comment by: December.21.2005

Comment by: willy January.13.2006
when is twin light princess RELLY comeing out!?!?!

Comment by: Valientlink August.13.2005
go to http://www.freewebs.com/valientlink/

NOTE: Don't click on the links, the urls automatically become links.

vegeta1215
04-20-2006, 11:30 PM
Despite the fact that I no longer use ZC, I think the absence of a Quest Database Administrator is definitely something that needs to be resolved. I made a post in Forum Staff about all this is, so hopefully we will get talking about it.

elise
04-21-2006, 06:09 AM
Thanks Vegeta1215 for taking the problem to the forum staff , sure hope this problem will be solved :thumbsup:

rocksfan13
04-21-2006, 08:16 AM
That's exactly what we were looking for. I'm glad it's now being brought to the attention of the rest of the staff. Thanks Vegeta1215. You're alright!:D

As far as eckels' return, I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't come back. A lot of people ganged up on him before he left. Hence why his profile says "Gone for a long long time".

BTW: The first submission has been added by pikaguy900. Yay. I was honestly thinking nobody was going to take that thread seriously. That just proves me wrong.

Nicholas Steel
04-21-2006, 08:38 AM
why do you people think the forum staff have anything to do with the site itself?

elise
04-21-2006, 08:50 AM
Maybe the messages in the forum staff get read by people that can do anything about it , this postings here aren't

rocksfan13
04-21-2006, 09:07 AM
The messages in the forum staff are read by ALL the staff, including admins and Web admins. Someone WILL see it.

Pineconn
04-21-2006, 02:07 PM
Good job Vegeta1215! That will help us greatly! :) Well, it's good to see the right steps are being taken to bring ZC.com back up.

1. Recognize the problem. (Done awhile ago)
2. Plan a solution. (Happened this week: To let Eckels know)
3. Get forum staff to help. (Where we are. Thankfully, Vegeta is the one to do this!)
4. Contact Eckels. (Though the next step, it's a long way to get here.)
5. Get the QDB back up. (Can't be done without the person/people responsible to do, unfortunately.)

rocksfan13
04-21-2006, 03:08 PM
Like I said before. I wouldn't hold my breath on Eckels (No offense to the man) I don't think he likes this place anymore. But if and when he returns, it will be wonderful.

Besides, there are others than Eckels that can handle this issue. Although Eckels is god when it comes to the creation of this site, others do have the power he does.

Pineconn
04-21-2006, 03:36 PM
That's true, but isn't Eckels the only one who can actually do something at the site? It's probably passworded, so no Joe Shmoe can access it. That is, anyone without the password. That is, anyone besides Eckels.

But then again, I could be wrong (which happens quite a bit ;) ).

rocksfan13
04-21-2006, 03:42 PM
I don't know. But Eckels is the only one who put that stuff on the front page.

elise
04-21-2006, 04:15 PM
don't forget that jayem also could get on to submit
and maybe there are still people around that have contact or know how to contact Eckels .

vegeta1215
04-22-2006, 01:32 AM
No one has replied to my forum staff topic yet :( The problem is not many staff members are around, and if they are they either haven't noticed it or something. btw, to answer franpa's question, the staff has something to do with the ZC.com site because it's a part of AGN.

Nicholas Steel
04-22-2006, 03:27 AM
thanks for the answer vegeta... i knew eventualy it would get answered.

Link
04-22-2006, 08:43 AM
I've noticed that most of those comments quoted by Pineconn and firefly come from LAST YEAR - BEFORE the January upgrade, so that can't be the reason.

Secondly, if Zc.com is part of AGN, then surely the 'comment-spammers' should be banned, or something?

Pineconn
04-22-2006, 12:12 PM
don't forget that jayem also could get on to submit
and maybe there are still people around that have contact or know how to contact Eckels .

Well, I think JayeM could pass the QDB operation on to someone else, if that's the case. Because she stopped doing it, no one took it over. However, I am willing to bet she could find someone to do it now.

No one has replied to my forum staff topic yet :( The problem is not many staff members are around, and if they are they either haven't noticed it or something. btw, to answer franpa's question, the staff has something to do with the ZC.com site because it's a part of AGN.

That is always the case. The staff members rarely come to the forum after a while. Of course, the inactive either won't be willing to lose their power or won't respond. To the second part, maybe other AGN Elites can bring it back up besides Eckels? I don't know any others, though.

I've noticed that most of those comments quoted by Pineconn and firefly come from LAST YEAR - BEFORE the January upgrade, so that can't be the reason.

Secondly, if Zc.com is part of AGN, then surely the 'comment-spammers' should be banned, or something?

We'd like to, but we can't, obviously, until somebody manages the site. In which case, we can't get anybody.

rocksfan13
04-22-2006, 12:48 PM

Anyway to get them TO notice?

elise
04-22-2006, 01:14 PM
we can offer to buy war lords cd if he solves the problem :) :) ;)

rocksfan13
04-22-2006, 01:16 PM
we can offer to buy war lords cd if he solves the problem :) :) ;)

That's a good idea! lol :rofl:

ZTC
04-22-2006, 01:24 PM
lol

rocksfan, I congradulate on managing to get something like this going

Running a site where stuff is submitted can be quite a pain in the ass at times. One has to deal with having the correct labels to stuff, making sure it's allowed, ect...It can be tiring at times. (I should know, as I'm a torrent supervisor for Delta Anime; it's not a walk in the park)

rocksfan13
04-22-2006, 02:58 PM
Why thank you. :)
It's great to hear someone else agrees with what is going on here. :thumbsup:

vegeta1215
04-22-2006, 04:14 PM
Anyway to get them TO notice?

Well, I would hope staff members check the Forum Staff each time they login (which is what I do) :shrug: But there's also the matter of who actually knows the ins and outs of the quest database. For the time being, all I can say is be patient.

elise
04-22-2006, 05:12 PM
Vegeta1215 we are already happy that you put it on that forum , it's already a step closer then we can get , really thanks for that.
We also try to stay patient , but our last 4 months being patient , didn't bring anything , so we had to make some noise .
We will try to be patient again , but it would be already great if someone would say , we are working on it , or we know about the problem .
It's the not even knowing if they know it and thinking about a solution that can drives you nuts ;)

rocksfan13
04-22-2006, 05:20 PM
Vegeta1215 we are already happy that you put it on that forum , it's already a step closer then we can get , really thanks for that.
We also try to stay patient , but our last 4 months being patient , didn't bring anything , so we had to make some noise .
We will try to be patient again , but it would be already great if someone would say , we are working on it , or we know about the problem .
It's the not even knowing if they know it and thinking about a solution that can drives you nuts ;)

I couldn't have said it any better.

Pineconn
04-22-2006, 09:56 PM
Well, I got a PM back from Warlock, one of the admins. Not exactly the answer we need.

I have no control over the website and I don't even know who's doing that now, so I can't really help.

That's all that was written. Not very helpful, eh? (I'm not Canadian. ;) ) We can mark Warlock off of our imaginary list of people to contact. -_- Hm. Just hope someone can actually do something about it.

But we mustn't give up! :)

rocksfan13
04-22-2006, 10:47 PM
Not exactly what we wanted to see but, eh. :shakeno: We can still try others. :rolleyes:

At least he was honest.:)

Pineconn
04-22-2006, 11:07 PM
True. He didn't sugarcoat it with, "Well, I can see what I can do and I'll get back to you if I hear something..." Respectable. Short, sweet, to-the-point.

Let you know if anything else comes up.

JayeM
04-22-2006, 11:46 PM
::sigh:: I resigned months ago and still no one has replaced me. Who wants the job? If someone is willing to take over, I'll start bugging people and see if I can get something done.

Tygore
04-23-2006, 12:40 AM
I wouldn't mind looking over the database. I've been slowly getting back into ZC as of late, and it's be nice to be involved with the project again. What, if any, skills would be required of the one who did it?

JayeM
04-23-2006, 01:49 AM
Tygore, I think you would be perfect for it. There's nothing difficult about it. You have to use FTP, and be fairly organized. Screenshots have to be renamed and sometimes converted. A lot of the submissions are phony, but some are just made by people who aren't too clear on how to submit a quest. Like the ones who think they're uploading their quest from their hard drive. These have to be emailed to get the quest file.

Tygore
04-23-2006, 02:49 AM
OK, I could handle that. Unless anyone has any particular objections to me taking the job, I'd be more than happy to keep an eye on the database.

elise
04-23-2006, 02:59 AM
Oh Great both Thanks
I hope JayeM you can get Tygore on that place .
Hope it all will work out and that part of the board will be back alive again .

Petoe
04-23-2006, 05:58 AM
Hey this sounds fantastic. Bring the database back to life. It's just so very sad that ZC's "Main Site" has been dead and forgotten for so long time. I'm just really appalled by that.

rocksfan13
04-23-2006, 09:37 AM
I think I can speak for almost anyone Tygore. Go for it!

BTW: I love your avatar.

Finally our main goal is almost met. A big :thumbsup: and :clap: for everyone who participated and helped.

Thank you to you all! :D

JayeM
04-23-2006, 01:40 PM
All right, War Lord OKed Tygore as the new QDB manager, and he has the necessary accesses. Good luck to him! You should see some updates in a few days.

Tygore
04-23-2006, 01:55 PM
All right, I have access, put a little front page news post up as a sort of "glimmer of hope", and am ready to start cracking down on this sucker. Please do NOT hesitate to contact me by any means necessary to report spam/broken submissions. This will go a LOT faster if I know where to look, rather than wade through everything.

firefly
04-23-2006, 02:13 PM
Wow! this is great! the QDB will be reactivated! Thanks to all those whe cooperated for reactivating it.

vegeta1215
04-23-2006, 02:16 PM
Glad to hear this is getting worked out.

One suggestion I have based on what I've read in a few other threads - disabling annonymous commenting on quests may be a good idea. Also, depending of how much work it would take, having an approval system for comments (or at least a way to report nasty comments) may be another good thing to keep everything clean.

elise
04-23-2006, 02:53 PM
Oh really really great Jayem Thanks for the help to get this done . :D
Tygore great you want to do this , I hope you never will regret that you took this job :thumbsup:
talking about the job the 2.10 links are down :tongue: ;)

link master555
04-23-2006, 02:54 PM
ive sent him 5 emails he hasnt answered any its like theres no reason to use quest maker any more sheesh i cant figure out how to put walls!

Nimono
04-23-2006, 02:59 PM
ive sent him 5 emails he hasnt answered any its like theres no reason to use quest maker any more sheesh i cant figure out how to put walls!
That's because you're not being specific. Go look back at all the threads you've madce so far and you'll find the same message from me: If you're not specific, no one will be able to help you because they'll think you're talking about one thing when you're talking about another.

Pineconn
04-23-2006, 03:57 PM
Yes yes yes yes yes!!

Our work finally pays off! Thanks SO MUCH, JayeM, for passing the duty, and Tygore, for taking the job! You guys are high in my eyes now! :)

After checking the main site, I'm more than elated to see an update of the home page!

Again, thanks for reviving ZC.com!

Nicholas Steel
04-23-2006, 07:05 PM
awesome! (don't perceive this single worded message as spam please!)

rocksfan13
04-23-2006, 10:52 PM
Goal Achieved! Can't wait for the new quests to arrive. Thanks to all who participated!

Tygore and JayeM: You guys Rock!!! :D

EDIT: Just so everyone knows, the temp DB will remain open until the actual DB that tygore is running has been updated. This will give Tygore the time he/she needs to make the updates.

Kingboo30
05-09-2006, 05:13 PM
Thanks to Rocksfan, the site is now actually operational instead of an abandoned base entrance with alot of people in the core. I hope we can actually see more updates and more quests of course.

The problem with the PureZC people is they are 90% kids.

I wouldn't say they are bad though. Though alot of their members have TOO high of standards much of them lean toward the graphics too much to the point of reviewing a quest on graphics before playing it.

Pineconn
05-09-2006, 06:47 PM
Well, in the past 2 weeks, the site still isn't exactly operational. Sure, quests have been added to the QDB, but we cannot log in and the main page's new quest bar hasn't been updated. :/

Nicholas Steel
05-09-2006, 10:35 PM
this is because of bugs with the sites current code... these bugs may have occured while eckels had control of the site and may have been a contributing factor to him leaving. (im aware he's helping tygore)

rocksfan13
05-10-2006, 09:39 AM
Yes Tygore, JayeM, and Eckels are all working on getting the coding fixed.
Just need to be patient as Tygore needs to finish up the school year before he/she can work on it effectively.

Also: I cannot take full credit for getting the DB back online there were others involved.

Pineconn
05-10-2006, 03:28 PM
I've been aware of Tygore's finals, so I can be patient for a few weeks/months/millenia. :) I didn't know Eckels is helping Tygore and JayeM's attempts to fix the code. I'm kind of surprised someone finally contacted him after the past month. :clap:

rocksfan13
05-10-2006, 03:49 PM
He was actually in the General Discussion thread last week.
Posted pics of his one year old son. He's cute.
So yeah, he is.

Freedom
05-10-2006, 04:54 PM
this is because of bugs with the sites current code... these bugs may have occured while eckels had control of the site and may have been a contributing factor to him leaving. (im aware he's helping tygore)

I don't know about the bugs having anything to do with him leaving or not, but I do know there was pretty much no site at all before he put the one that is there now up, it was just a page that hadn't been updated for years and no quest database, so my hat is off to Eckels for all the time and work he put in to what is there now.

Pineconn
05-11-2006, 05:23 PM
Good point. Though he left, without his work, we may not have these two excellent programs. Or maybe we would, but just version 1.42 or something. ;)

rocksfan13
05-12-2006, 09:37 AM
I've been aware of Tygore's finals, so I can be patient for a few weeks/months/millenia. :) I didn't know Eckels is helping Tygore and JayeM's attempts to fix the code. I'm kind of surprised someone finally contacted him after the past month. :clap:

I heard from Tygore today. It turns out that Eckels hasn't heard of the issue yet, but Tygore is going to try and drop him a line.

Nicholas Steel
05-23-2006, 09:58 PM
just thought you should know... that this link lists all mods/admins/senior mods.

http://www.armageddongames.net/showgroups.php

rocksfan13
05-26-2006, 08:47 AM
I don't know about you guys but, there hasn't been any additions or updates to the DB lately. I know I've asked Tygore to update a few of my quests and I also know that HOD was submitted but neither has been done yet.
Just curious if you're still looking into the DB submissions occassionally, Tygore.

Pineconn
06-05-2006, 01:34 PM
Whoops, didn't notice your posts. Anyway, I frequently check back at ZC and I too have noticed no updates. He said he had finals and he would continue fixing the site after, but school has been out for a few days (at least in northeast Ohio). We can only wait. :shrug:

Kingboo30
06-10-2006, 11:17 AM
Odd...Now the Zelda Classic site itself is down. Maybe it's being updated?

Cronic
06-10-2006, 06:36 PM
yup warlords tinkering on it here and there all will be fixed in the coming weeks ;)

Nicholas Steel
06-10-2006, 07:57 PM
awesomness.... so the site will live once again.

Petoe
06-10-2006, 11:09 PM
yup warlords tinkering on it here and there all will be fixed in the coming weeks ;)

Ah, that's awesome! I'm glad the site is alive again. ;)

Pineconn
06-15-2006, 11:45 PM
Ah, that is welcomed news to hear. I hope the site will [at last!] be as normal as it should be. Maybe not as sugar-coated as Pure ZC, but at least not abandoned. ;)

rocksfan13
06-16-2006, 09:07 AM
Not abandoned. Just slow. It takes time to fix lots of bugs.

Edit: The voting part of the QDB has apparently been restored. However, the comments part doesn't work now.
So, something is happening. There is a user in charge of handling this issue that War Lord has hired. If you look up the leaders list The person is an admin and their perpose is fixing the QDB. As per their custom title.
Find the list here: http://www.armageddongames.net/showgroups.php
just thought I would share it with all who is concerned.

Pineconn
06-16-2006, 06:40 PM
I meant "abandoned" as it was since 6 months ago: nobody at all being in charge of it. But that has been changed and progress is being done to fix it. :)

rocksfan13
07-06-2006, 03:21 PM
I hate to dig this up again but....Is Tygore even running the Quest Database anymore or has Mythotical asked him not to because he is working on it. Either way, what's the deal?
It's gone dead again.

elise
07-06-2006, 03:28 PM
Yeah I noticed HOD is submitted but you can't see it in "the most recent update list":shrug:

rocksfan13
07-06-2006, 03:33 PM
Yes, I did notice that as well. But there is no dates next to them again and still no screens.

elise
07-06-2006, 03:47 PM
Just looked at Tygore's profile he hasn't been here the last three weeks , so back to nothing again I'm afraid.

Luigi
07-07-2006, 02:38 PM
I hate to dig this up again but....Is Tygore even running the Quest Database anymore or has Mythotical asked him not to because he is working on it. Either way, what's the deal?
It's gone dead again.

Have you tried PM'ing Mythotical, rocksfan?

At least the logging-in feature works again, which is something, I suppose.

rocksfan13
07-07-2006, 03:15 PM
I have seen that Mythotical has been doing stuff on it. Voting is fixed, loggin in is fixed, but screenshots, and comments aren't. And the date the newest additions were loaded aren't there either. But that's a good idea though. I'll PM him/her.

EDIT: I just PM'd Mythodical.

elise
07-07-2006, 03:55 PM
Think PM ing dark nation or tygore would be smarter , Mythotical is only there to fix it , he wouldnt know about tygore :shrug:

rocksfan13
07-07-2006, 04:00 PM
Well, the last time I talked to Tygore, he didn't talk to me. I want to see if Mythotical has anything to do with it first. Unless Dark Nation sees this and answers before I ask him.

EDIT: I received word from Mythodical that it is no longer one of his projects. I have sent a PM to WarLord asking him what he thinks. Maybe we'll get some sort of answer.

Luigi
07-08-2006, 09:29 AM
I received word from Mythodical that it is no longer one of his projects.

Well that didn't last long... I wonder what Mythotical will do now?

rocksfan13
07-10-2006, 10:43 AM
He's going to suggest someone else to the AGN Staff.

Some new news:
http://www.armageddongames.net/zeldaclassic/submission.php?PHPSESSID=68f84b0d62d93e43f3f5faeaf fe4e9aa
Thats the official upload link
There is a problem with it but can you try to upload it.
Tygore took the job but doesn't seem active. I'm pretty sure it was Mythotical that uploaded the newest ones that were added to test them out. But it still isn't right.

Pineconn
07-10-2006, 04:12 PM
Good lord... Just when I thought the site was ready to be fixed...

We need someone who wants the site to be operative to actually be fixing it. The last 4 people (give or take) who were working on it probably were attempting to fix it "because it has to be done," not "I really want the site back up!" We need someone with the latter philosophy.

elise
07-12-2006, 09:36 AM
rocksfan your link doesn't work ;)

Nicholas Steel
07-12-2006, 09:42 AM
it does here.

rocksfan13
07-12-2006, 09:44 AM
Ok. I fixed it now. The link works.

Nicholas Steel
07-12-2006, 09:51 AM
it already worked tho... or it atleast took me to what appears to be the exact same place.

elise
07-12-2006, 09:57 AM
look at the edit time Franpa , he edited it before you tried before the last piece of the link was black

Nicholas Steel
07-12-2006, 10:52 AM
but this link works fine... you didnt need all that mumbo jumbo stuff at the end...

http://www.zeldaclassic.armageddongames.net/submission.php

rocksfan13
07-12-2006, 11:03 AM
The one I posted above was the OFFICIAL submission link.