PDA

View Full Version : Isle of the Winds-Location of Candle

Nimono
03-10-2006, 11:21 AM
Can someone tell me where the Candle is? If it's in level 1, I have no clue where it is, since I've been through every room in there.

Wait, I think I DID miss something in there. I still have one key left over, but I don't want to go back there since I lost SIX TIMES in that one dungeon, courtesy of those annoying Stalfoses.

Okay, I'm a bit annoyed here. I found what I think is the second dungeon, but I can;'t get in, since a boulder-thing is blocking my way in. If that's not the dungeon, then where on Forest Island is it and how do I get to it?

Aegix Drakan
03-10-2006, 01:09 PM
I don't think it is in dungeon 1...I think I scoured the place petty thoroughly...

Hey Pikaguy, how do you get to Forest island?

Nimono
03-10-2006, 01:11 PM
I don't think it is in dungeon 1...I think I scoured the place petty thoroughly...

Hey Pikaguy, how do you get to Forest island?
Take the left raft path out of Town Island. Once you land on your next island, go all the way to the right, passing by one dock, and going to the next. When you touch it, hold left. You'll go past Death Island again, and end up at Forest Island, where you can buy the Boomerang for 100 Rupees, which is the last thing I did there.

Aegix Drakan
03-10-2006, 01:17 PM
lol...I actually LANDED on death island! Very nasty place...Thanks Pika!

Nimono
03-10-2006, 01:20 PM
lol...I actually LANDED on death island! Very nasty place...Thanks Pika!
Ooh, I landed there once, too. I left IMMEDIATELY since I KNEW where to go. Although... I once landed at Desert Island. But you're welcome. And be careful. I have yet to find level 2. If you find it, please tell me where it is and how to get to it.

bigboylink
03-10-2006, 02:34 PM
Okay, I'm a bit annoyed here. I found what I think is the second dungeon, but I can;'t get in, since a boulder-thing is blocking my way in. If that's not the dungeon, then where on Forest Island is it and how do I get to it?

That is the second dungeon, and you need a superbomb to get rid of the boulder. You can buy superbombs on desert island for 40 rupees.

You'll find the candle in level 2.

Nimono
03-10-2006, 02:47 PM
That is the second dungeon, and you need a superbomb to get rid of the boulder. You can buy superbombs on desert island for 40 rupees.

You'll find the candle in level 2.
I KNEW IT! Thanks! I thought I needed a Super Bomb to get past that boulder, which is why I left it alone. THANK YOU!

Nimono
03-10-2006, 02:56 PM
I have another question. What do you do on those small Triforce symbols around the ocean? I'm sure you use an item while on them, but what is it and what do they lead to?

koopa
03-10-2006, 03:11 PM
As with most things in IOTW, super bomb. (Though one you need to whistle, if I remember correctly). Heck, it's some time since I beat Isle of the Winds but it's still one of the best quests I've played so far.

They lead to special dungeons A,B, and C. You'll need to visit all of these sometime but not too early in the game as they're not easy to beat.

Nimono
03-10-2006, 03:15 PM
As with most things in IOTW, super bomb. (Though one you need to whistle, if I remember correctly). Heck, it's some time since I beat Isle of the Winds but it's still one of the best quests I've played so far.

They lead to special dungeons A,B, and C. You'll need to visit all of these sometime but not too early in the game as they're not easy to beat.
Okay. I did find one dungeon called "???" hidden on Forest Island. I wasn't surprised to find it in the center of a ring of stones. To a Zelda fanaic like me, that kind of stuff screams "SECRET HERE!!".

koopa
03-10-2006, 03:19 PM
Ah, the ??? dungeons. They are rupee dungeons, one for each island, activated by whistling on the ring of stones. There are also a few 500 rupee places, but harder to find.

There is also a top-secret fire boomerang somewhere.

IT'S A SECRET TO EVERYONE

Nimono
03-10-2006, 03:23 PM
Ah, the ??? dungeons. They are rupee dungeons, one for each island, activated by whistling on the ring of stones. There are also a few 500 rupee places, but harder to find.

There is also a top-secret fire boomerang somewhere.

IT'S A SECRET TO EVERYONE
Ha ha. I actually like this quest. It's very confusing, especially with all those bombable walls that can lead you farther into the dungeon than you should go at the moment. I'm not sure if you should go to the north part of Level 2 when you first enter the dungeon.

Also, I must've missed a Locked Door in Level 1, since I still have my leftover key from that dungeon.

koopa
03-10-2006, 03:24 PM
NO, there's a key extra in levels 1 to -- 7 I think. You'll need them all in a later level.

Nimono
03-10-2006, 03:25 PM
NO, there's a key extra in levels 1 to -- 7 I think. You'll need them all in a later level.
Okay, thanks. Oh, and please don't answer my question about going to the north side of the dungeon from when you first enter it. I now know that the answer is NO. I just got the compass and found that the boss was RIGHT ON THE PATH I WAS TAKING. Good thing I turned around.

Nimono
03-10-2006, 03:41 PM
How do I get to the staircase in the windmill on Town Island?

koopa
03-10-2006, 04:19 PM
Er no, that staircase is ... well, I won't spoil it for you. You will find out around level 8.

WindStrike
03-10-2006, 05:45 PM
What's that I hear? Only one extra key from level 1? Well, the second is really extra and uneeded, but its extremely handy. Yeah, you can get a second key from there. It may cost a bit of money for the arrow, but it's worth it, just in case, so you don't end up using a key on the arrow. There is a huge thread for IotW at PureZC, but it would take a little while to find. Thing is, it's so garbled and disorganized and all that it could take anywhere from 1-30 minutes or maybe longer just to find a single answer (last I checked, it was 22 pages long, so it may be longer right now). By the way, after you're done with level 2, go ahead and scout the coastline of Waterfall Island. I don't remember entirely, but I'm pretty sure you use the whistle on this triangle shaped tile somewhere to open up an entrance to access the white sword. It might be a different shaped tile, I dunno. Any other help, ask and I'd be happy to answer.

Pineconn
03-10-2006, 06:25 PM
Oi, that Fire Boomerang really annoys me. (No, I can't find it. :tongue: ) ... You'll like this quest. It's lengthy and themed; that is, there's a "fire" area, a "forest" area, a "shadow" area, etc.

DarkFlameWolf
03-11-2006, 02:07 AM
wow, still going strong. I hope Lost Isle will eventually unseat HD and IOTW. But anyway, yeah, many people complain about rafting and about using super bombs for everything, but if they just accept those aspects as merely a 'part' of the gameplay of IOTW. It isn't meant to be a nuisance or a annoying obstacles, its just merely part of the gameplay that makes up IOTW, take it as a given and you'll enjoy it more.

Pineconn
03-11-2006, 04:10 PM
However, you can decrease the what-some-call-annoying rafting by playing it in version 2.10 and pressing F1. :D Only, of course, you can get stuck in Level A... ... So you should use the intended 1.92 b183.

Oh, and a suggestion to Aegix Drakan, don't buy the boomerang. ;) You'll see why in Level 2.

Nimono
03-11-2006, 07:52 PM
What's that I hear? Only one extra key from level 1? Well, the second is really extra and uneeded, but its extremely handy. Yeah, you can get a second key from there. It may cost a bit of money for the arrow, but it's worth it, just in case, so you don't end up using a key on the arrow. There is a huge thread for IotW at PureZC, but it would take a little while to find. Thing is, it's so garbled and disorganized and all that it could take anywhere from 1-30 minutes or maybe longer just to find a single answer (last I checked, it was 22 pages long, so it may be longer right now). By the way, after you're done with level 2, go ahead and scout the coastline of Waterfall Island. I don't remember entirely, but I'm pretty sure you use the whistle on this triangle shaped tile somewhere to open up an entrance to access the white sword. It might be a different shaped tile, I dunno. Any other help, ask and I'd be happy to answer.
Aw, I already used that key to get the Arrows. I hate buying stuff if I can get the same items in dungeons.

Oh, and I'm on my way to level 3. Any tips on what I should do before going to an ice-covered island?

Oh, I did find an Ocarina symbol on Waterfall Island, but I can't get to it. I can only go three screens on that island. Also, I don't want to go through Desert Island to TRY to find a way to that ice-covered island the fairy after Level 2 told me about.

Nimono
03-11-2006, 09:47 PM
I found another question to ask: What things can I get in the secret "dungeons" under the Hero Statues? I've learned that you can Super Bomb them, and I've uncovered 2 mini-dungeons under 2 of them. However, I can only go as far as the first rooms in them. So, I'd like to know if there's anything GOOD under those statues, so I know if I should stop wasting super bombs or not.

DarkFlameWolf
03-11-2006, 11:45 PM
First off, edit your posts instead of simply double posting. Since no one replied to your first post, simply editing it won't make a difference in anyone seeing both your replies. Now onto your questions:
You can get to the triforce mark on waterfall island, you're simply not utilizing the raft paths effectively enough around the island to reach it. Simple as that. I strongly advise you get the white sword now before heading to level 3.
As for the hero statues, they have magic upgrades as the prizes. Very handy indeed, esp. later in the game when you need magic the most. Each hero statue has an 'order' in which you must visit them. For example, one will require the red candle from level 2 to get past the first room, another will require the bracelet from level 3 to get past the first room. You merely need the right item to move onward.

Nimono
03-12-2006, 04:35 PM
First off, edit your posts instead of simply double posting. Since no one replied to your first post, simply editing it won't make a difference in anyone seeing both your replies. Now onto your questions:
You can get to the triforce mark on waterfall island, you're simply not utilizing the raft paths effectively enough around the island to reach it. Simple as that. I strongly advise you get the white sword now before heading to level 3.
As for the hero statues, they have magic upgrades as the prizes. Very handy indeed, esp. later in the game when you need magic the most. Each hero statue has an 'order' in which you must visit them. For example, one will require the red candle from level 2 to get past the first room, another will require the bracelet from level 3 to get past the first room. You merely need the right item to move onward.
Okay, sorry. I just figured it to be right to make a new post since it was about something else. And I already got the White Sword. Now I just need to find my way around the maze of an ocean in the game to find level 3. I may not have played it for long, but it's still a great quest. I hope your next one is just as good, if not better.

Oh, there's something I forgot to say. I found a small Triforce symbol that I could get to. I wanted to see what would happen if I used the Whistle on it. Nothing happened. Was I using the wrong item? Oh, it's on the far-right side of the northern part of Big Ocean.

DarkFlameWolf
03-12-2006, 08:52 PM
is it next to a stone pillar? If so, then super bomb that pillar.

Nimono
03-13-2006, 06:46 PM
is it next to a stone pillar? If so, then super bomb that pillar.
Well, it's next to this... thing that looks like a head. If that's the stone pillar you're talking about, I'll superbomb it... when I should. When's the appropriate time to enter Levels A, B, and C?

DarkFlameWolf
03-13-2006, 11:22 PM
whenever you want.

Nimono
03-14-2006, 05:21 PM
whenever you want.
Okay, thanks. I really liked what you did with level 2. I'm still trying to figure out if there's a palette that has the colors for both dungeon and overworld tiles. Oh, and is there any special purpose for the key you spot near level 3?

DarkFlameWolf
03-14-2006, 05:27 PM
yes, it goes to either one of the doors in level 3, or it goes to one of the doors in level 8. (if that happens to be your extra key for level 3)

Nimono
03-14-2006, 05:31 PM
yes, it goes to either one of the doors in level 3, or it goes to one of the doors in level 8. (if that happens to be your extra key for level 3)
Ooh. Oh, and where, may I ask, is level 8?

firefly
03-14-2006, 05:35 PM
Volcano island (I got stuck in that one)

Nimono
03-14-2006, 05:37 PM
Volcano island (I got stuck in that one)
Oooh... Volcano Island... I can't wait to beat this quest.

xXVolvagiaXx
03-14-2006, 05:39 PM
How do you get into the Level on Forest Island? There's an annoying rock in the friggen' way...:confused:

firefly
03-14-2006, 05:41 PM
Sometimes I get stuck in a door when the Super Darknuts defeat me (mini boss) so don't let your guard down.

How do you get into the Level on Forest Island? There's an annoying rock in the friggen' way...

You need a super bomb. :)

Pineconn
03-14-2006, 06:47 PM
Okay, thanks. I really liked what you did with level 2. I'm still trying to figure out if there's a palette that has the colors for both dungeon and overworld tiles.

For PTU, you can use 02 Green, 06 Ice Blue (though it's snowy), 19 Pyramid (though the overworld tiles will be golden), 1B Night Brown (looks weird, though... it's blue), 1C Spring through 1F Winter, 20 Poison (looks weird, too), 21 Jungle (looks nice), 23 Water (the overworld tiles will be snowy), 2C and 2D Dark/Light Forest (looks awful), and 2F Greyscale (though everything is gray).

Oh, and the Super Bomb can be bought cheaply at Desert Island (in the middle of the 16x16 overworld).

Nimono
03-14-2006, 06:51 PM
For PTU, you can use 02 Green, 06 Ice Blue (though it's snowy), 19 Pyramid (though the overworld tiles will be golden), 1B Night Brown (looks weird, though... it's blue), 1C Spring through 1F Winter, 20 Poison (looks weird, too), 21 Jungle (looks nice), 23 Water (the overworld tiles will be snowy), 2C and 2D Dark/Light Forest (looks awful), and 2F Greyscale (though everything is gray).

Oh, and the Super Bomb can be bought cheaply at Desert Island (in the middle of the 16x16 overworld).
Actually, I'm using PTUX....

DarkFlameWolf
03-14-2006, 08:21 PM
sad, most of those palettes in PTUX aren't really usable. Thankfully Petoe is helping me add more forour Lost Isle quest. :)

didn't know you could get stuck in level 8. o_O

Nimono
03-14-2006, 08:28 PM
sad, most of those palettes in PTUX aren't really usable. Thankfully Petoe is helping me add more forour Lost Isle quest. :)

Really? I didn't know that. Oh well. I make them have SOME usage, especially in a quest I recently thought up- The Legend of the Four Sword: Link's Mission. It'll be a series-type quest. I kinda see some these days. I think they're getting popular. This series will explain (my way, of course, not Nintendo's/Capcom's way) how the Four Sword actually came to be. I mean, in The Minish Cap, the most powerful Sword was the Four Sword, but since it was just infused with the Elements, that tells me that when it was just the normal Picori Blade, that it was STILL the Four Sword. My quest will try to explain BEFORE that happened, and I might make it drop off at the beginning (or end) of The Minish Cap.

Pineconn
03-15-2006, 09:01 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/PokeMaster/zelda006.png

Though I know this isn't what you're talking about... If you push the blocks in a particular direction and order, you can get stuck and you have to F6 out of it.

DarkFlameWolf
03-15-2006, 11:49 PM
ah yes, but that's only if you check your inventory, see that you have no keys and are still dumb enough to push those blocks. :P

Nimono
03-16-2006, 05:29 PM
ah yes, but that's only if you check your inventory, see that you have no keys and are still dumb enough to push those blocks. :P
This is a good quest, but I need some help figuring out where to go in Level 3. I haven't been very far, as I usually go to the left to try and go to the ned of that section and I always get killed there. I have 2 Small Keys (I used one or two in the dungeon already).

Pineconn
03-17-2006, 07:11 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/PokeMaster/zelda011.png

Could I ask how one could obtain this heart piece? It is the last one I need, but no item has been able to break that barrier (which is a hookshot grab). I tried every item I have on it--including the Super Bomb--and none has worked. The last item I could suspect is the Fire Boomerang, which is nearly impossible to find by diving in places at random. I do remember reading about diving off the coastline of Desert Island for something...

(BTW, this is a second play-through, if you remember me beating it a while back...)

WindStrike
03-17-2006, 08:31 PM
Ok, first, look at that ladder. Look up to the top of the screen from that point. See that bush between the trees and above the bush? Yeah, use the wand with the book of spells.

Pineconn
03-17-2006, 10:46 PM
Wha- ? Now how was I supposed to find that by my self? Thank you, WindStrike, I appreciate it. Now I have all 16 hearts! :D

DarkFlameWolf
03-17-2006, 11:40 PM
Well get used to it, I plan on playing this cruel trick a couple times more in my new quest: Lost Isle.

Nimono
03-18-2006, 11:24 AM
Have you made a walkthrough for Isle of the Winds yet? If not, could you make one? It seems as if this quest is confusing enough to deserve one. It could help people from making the wrong turns...

DarkFlameWolf
03-19-2006, 01:03 AM
read my other post in the Lost Isle thread, I got real life and a full-blown quest to build, plus a pet project! :D

Nimono
03-19-2006, 01:41 PM
read my other post in the Lost Isle thread, I got real life and a full-blown quest to build, plus a pet project! :D
I just did. I knew you were busy with the quest (as said in that thread), but I didn't know you were too busy to make a walkthrough. Sorry.