PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion for a sidewarp

idontknow
03-10-2006, 03:28 AM
For the sidewarp, ya know how when you click on a side to determine the 'triggers' and the side will become red & then scroll through A, B, C, D, and none (black)? Well, what if after "D" came "R", which equals random? This would therefore mean you'd have to determine all 4 warps and when you scroll to that particular side, link's warp will be random.

I could see many uses for this. Like If he is in an entrance screen in a house/building where he can play a minigame and when Link pays to play, he walks to the top door. If that sidewarp is set to "R" (random), then he'll sidewarp to 1 of 4 possible destinations, making that 'puzzle' random.

This could be used to make a treasure chest game where there's like 4 chests. 1 has the item, 3 warp you back to the entrance screen after being opened, where you have to pay again. You could have 4 identical screens, each one with has a different 'real' chest with the item inside. When you sidewarp, if its random, the treasure chest that has the item becomes randomized.

Nimono
03-10-2006, 01:14 PM
For the sidewarp, ya know how when you click on a side to determine the 'triggers' and the side will become red & then scroll through A, B, C, D, and none (black)? Well, what if after "D" came "R", which equals random? This would therefore mean you'd have to determine all 4 warps and when you scroll to that particular side, link's warp will be random.

I could see many uses for this. Like If he is in an entrance screen in a house/building where he can play a minigame and when Link pays to play, he walks to the top door. If that sidewarp is set to "R" (random), then he'll sidewarp to 1 of 4 possible destinations, making that 'puzzle' random.

This could be used to make a treasure chest game where there's like 4 chests. 1 has the item, 3 warp you back to the entrance screen after being opened, where you have to pay again. You could have 4 identical screens, each one with has a different 'real' chest with the item inside. When you sidewarp, if its random, the treasure chest that has the item becomes randomized.
That's a great idea! If that's made, I can FINALLY make a better idea for a Treasure Chest Mini-Game, which I WILL put in one of my quests when 2.11 is made a full version.