PDA

View Full Version : Ocarina of Time Remake

LinkvsSora101
03-08-2006, 11:00 PM
I am trying to make an Ocarina of Time remake for Zelda Classic. So far, it is doing pretty good, i am using the Adventure Tileset from PureZC, they work perfectly. If anyone has any suggestions on how i can work to make it a big success, please respond.

firefly
03-08-2006, 11:03 PM
I am trying to make an Ocarina of Time remake for Zelda Classic. So far, it is doing pretty good, i am using the Adventure Tileset from PureZC, they work perfectly. If anyone has any suggestions on how i can work to make it a big success, please respond.

Quest announcement/discussion

Ok, I'm not good at suggestions, but I can tell you to take your time in doing the quest, Read the thread "Suggestions for making a good quest (or whatever is called)" in Quest/announcement/discussion. :)

LinkvsSora101
03-09-2006, 12:54 AM
Take my time? Ok, i knew that, but heres a question. I thought the time periods would be good to do. I can make a warp between two overworlds when you get the Master Sword. Is that possible to item warp with the Master Sword? Or can you only do that with Triforces?

Nimono
03-10-2006, 11:19 AM
Take my time? Ok, i knew that, but heres a question. I thought the time periods would be good to do. I can make a warp between two overworlds when you get the Master Sword. Is that possible to item warp with the Master Sword? Or can you only do that with Triforces?
Only with the Triforce. BUT you can put a Direct Warp Combo right on the spot the Master Sword is on, but make it look like the floor (or the Master Sword pedistal).

LinkvsSora101
03-10-2006, 09:11 PM
seems easy enough, i think it will work well, two different overworlds, one young link the other adult link, i'll make them look almost exactly the same, except the adult one will have ruins, more enemies, and the Kokiri Forest will have dekus in it. (I LOVE that! Octorok Red,Slow in adventure tiles are Deku Scrubs! Thanks Freedom!)

Limzo
03-11-2006, 09:35 AM
How about you do this:
When you first exit Kokiri Forest and it is daytime in the field, you could do a timed warp on the first screen that takes a long time to happen. When it finally does happen, you are warped to an overworld exactly the same as the one you were just in but the colours are darker because it is night-time. On the next row of screens the warp does not take as long to happen.

This would give an effect of time elapsing.

LinkvsSora101
03-12-2006, 02:27 PM
Thats a great idea! You will have to explain to me how to do that, im just finishing up Hyrule Field and havent officially finished inside the Deku Tree

firefly
03-12-2006, 03:08 PM
Yeah, but shouldn't this go in Quest Announcement/Discussion?

LinkvsSora101
03-12-2006, 03:19 PM
i guess...i dont know

Limzo
03-13-2006, 03:51 PM
You do the Quest -> Screen data thing and at the bottom there is a box saying "Timed warp = 0 tics" and if you are using 2.10 it tells you how long in seconds the warp takes to happen.

You would have to do a long timed warp on the first row of screens in the overworld that take you to an identical overworld but this identical one has darker colours to show it is night time. In the night time overworld, the warps would take the same time to happen on the daytime overworld. To make things easier, lets call these double sets of the same overworld "Double" overworlds.

You will need to have four Double Overworlds. Why four you may ask, well when you leave Hyrule Castle Town and go back to the Forest, the warp timings will need to be reversed from top to bottom, thus creating Double Overworld 2.
(This is if you have Hyrule castle town exactly on the North of the Overworld, Kokiri Forest Exactly South, Lake Hylia exactly west and Kokariko Village + Zora River Exactly East.)

Double overworld 3 would be the one for when you leave Kokariko (am I spelling this right?) Village and Zora River. The very long timed warp would be on the far right of the overworld and the not so long times on the far left.

And finally, Double overworld 4 would be for when you leave Lake Hylia.
The timed warps would be the same as the ones for overworld 3 but reversed from left to right.

Note: On overworlds 1 + 2, the timed warps have to be the same for every screen on each row, but reduced a bit the further north/south you get.
On overworlds 3 + 4, the timed warps have to be the same for every screen on each column, but reduced a bit the more east/south you get.

This effect can also be easily applied to other time affected places such as Death Mountain, Lake Hylia and the area outside the castle.

I just had a thought! What if on the night time overworlds you had those skeleton enemies but not in the daytime ones, just like in the real game!

Plus, you would need to make night-time versions of each place that is not affected by time. Come to think of it, the only part of the game where there wouldn't be multiple dMaps for the same areas would be The Lost woods, the dungeons and that sanctuary place where you learn Saria's song.

Sory about the long post, but I hope it helps!

Oh, and I hope to be found in the credits of this game!

LinkvsSora101
03-13-2006, 11:26 PM
Okay, ill get right to it, yes, you will be in the credits, yes, i will put Stalfos 1's in the night overworld, and no, you are not spelling it right, lol, its Kakariko, not Kokariko.

Limzo
03-14-2006, 11:34 AM
Okay. Thanks for the credit. I have had more ideas about this so I shall make a seperate thread for it just so that everyone knows that this is my very own patented day and night effect.

Plus, I shall be using this effect in my own quest so I shall put you in the credits for inspiring me to think of it. Check the new thread called "How to make a Day and Night Effect" for the new ideas.

Oh, and I forgot to mention Gerudo Valley but I think you know how you could add it in.

Chkn Boy
03-14-2006, 02:02 PM
If there was only a way to implement the Fire and Water Tunic, considering they are a must for beating Oot. Just a thought. Also, making Epona would be awsome, with both of these ideas you would need a way of changing your character as you walked into a certain screen. I don't know though, because these ideas would sure be cool and make the remake closer to the real game.

LinkvsSora101
03-16-2006, 11:29 PM
I dont think theres a way we can make the water & fire tunic, unless we use the red and blue ring, which wouldnt work. And making Epona would be a bit too much work.

LinkvsSora101
03-16-2006, 11:32 PM
Ive got some color problems. Freedom made animation people which work well, such as the owl, a guy who looks like Link, but in silver (im using that guy for Shiek, if i CAN make Shiek in the game, that is) and some other people. But the color under them doesnt match the floor they stand on. And i cant change the color, because they arent all gonna be in one spot, they are spread out, changing the color would only make it worse. Thats okay though, just ignore the color problems.

firefly
03-16-2006, 11:55 PM
Sorry for this stupid question, but which version are you using?
I can... help... if I know which version you're using...

EDIT: Do you know how to make cutscenes? you can use them to make the Sages' chamber.

LinkvsSora101
03-17-2006, 12:27 AM
I am using 2.10, and it is the Adventure Tile Set, oh, im gonna put shops there, but im not gonna put them in normal caves (houses in my game) because if i do, i cant put shop music. So i made it a dungeon. I have shop music and the shop. Except it doesnt show anything, i set the value, made the shop, put in the guy, and set the string, but when i enter the room, nothing happens! its just an empty room with the music playing, can u help me?

firefly
03-17-2006, 12:34 AM
The shop Dmap MUST have a level number higher than 0. :)

LinkvsSora101
03-17-2006, 12:51 AM
the shop value level is one, is that what you're talking about?

firefly
03-17-2006, 12:57 AM
No, the DMap level number, at the left of the Dmap menu you can see "LEVEL", you must have a number higher than 0 in there. :)
Hope you understand, if not, feel free to ask again. :)

LinkvsSora101
03-17-2006, 01:04 AM
OOOOH! i get it, okay, lemme try

LinkvsSora101
03-17-2006, 01:33 AM
Ok, it worked, good, i even made the guy a man with a beard, just like in Oot (it is the Bazaar in the Hyrule Market)

LinkvsSora101
03-17-2006, 03:01 AM
Hey, i gotta quick question. I normally get my midis from midishrine.com but the ocarina of time music (though it has everything i need) doesnt include the boss music. Can someone tell me a midi website that does? thanks

Love For Fire
03-17-2006, 08:45 AM
Try vgmusic.com, good music collection there.

Some comments and ideas.

First off, you must realize making a true remake is impossible, there are just things not possible to do, such as making child and adult specific items. That doesn't mean you shouldn't try.

As for the tunics, you can make the red tunic the boots, and adding rooms that damage you from being in them (namely the whole volcano area). Or... you could have Link fight some boss for the Red Tunic, make the tunic a dummy item, and create a boss flag disabling your getting hurt in thr volcano region and fire temple (they would have to be the same level number).

For the blue tunic, you could use the flippers. Diving and walking on the floor of the water inside the water temple CAN be implemented if you're creative enough.

The shadow temple is going to be hard. For hover boots, you can use another dummy item with Link modifier tiles to make it look like Link is wearing them, and then changing pit combos to walkable with boss flags.

Chkn Boy
03-17-2006, 04:22 PM
Hey LinkvsSora do you mind if I can be a beta tester for you if you decide to do that, I'm excited to see how it turns out. Just say yes or no on this thread and just private message me and I'll tell you my e-mail adress if it's a yes.

jman2050
03-17-2006, 04:30 PM
Moving to Quest Announcement/Discussion

And stop double/triple posting LinkvsSora.

LinkvsSora101
03-17-2006, 08:57 PM
Sorry, but i want to perfect this before testing it, im gonna try my best to make it the same. The Ocarina in this game is not going to have much point. Saria doesnt give it to you, Zelda does after the first three dungeons. And it will pretty much only be used to open stair cases in dungeons. OH! by the way, do you know how i can separate the spiritual stones and medallions with the same effect as the triforce?

firefly
03-17-2006, 09:24 PM
Probably with cutscenes... But I don't know how...

LinkvsSora101
03-17-2006, 09:30 PM
Okay, you will have to explain to me how, and jman, sorry about the double/triple posting, sometimes i forget to put things in. Oh, i finished Inside the Deku Tree, but its kinda short, sorry.

firefly
03-17-2006, 09:47 PM
Here:

Make separate screens, they will be used as "frames" in the cutscene, the cutscene should have its own Dmap (with colors and all stuff), it's easier if you place them in a separate map from the ones your're going to use to make overworld/dungeons, and place the Blue/green squares in a place where link gets trapped, so he can't escape from the cutscene.

When you finish doing the screens, move to Screen flags (F9) and select the proper flags, I would reccomend selecting Invisible Link and No subscreen, then you'll see a text box that says (Timed warp Tics), 60 equals a Second, enter the number you want, in the quest after this time is over, you will move to the side warp.

Set the side warp as the next frame (screen) and the cutscene Dmap, after you do this in all the screens, in the last screen set the Side warp as the screen you want to be sent after the cutscene is over.

When you play the quest and start the cutscene, link will become invisible, and the frames will be displayed like a movie, the time the same screen is displayed depends on the timed warp tics you set, (for example if you set 60 timed warp tics on screen 1, screen 1 will be displayed 1 second, in you set 90 tics on screen 2, screen 2 will be displayed by 1.30 seconds and so on.), after the cutscene is over you'll be warped to the place you set in the last side warp.

You should ask an expert if you don't understand, again, feel free to tell me if you don't understand. :)

Limzo
03-18-2006, 06:17 AM
How about this for the red tunic.
This item replaces an item in your inventory that your quest won't need.

Before you are given the red tunic, when you go to that place on Death mountain there are heat "Waves" going across the screen on a transparent layer. Every two seconds these waves hurt you so it gives you limited time in there. But when you get given the tunic, you are warped to another Hyrule where the heat waves don't hurt. Sadly, it doesn't change your appearence but you can think of it as an undershirt or something

LinkvsSora101
03-18-2006, 03:05 PM
That sounds good, but how would i make heat waves? Geez, ill need about 200 different maps for this quest! :D

Limzo
03-18-2006, 04:12 PM
That sounds good, but how would i make heat waves? Geez, ill need about 200 different maps for this quest!

For the heat waves that hurt you can use combo-cycling so that every 120 tics the combo that is the heat wave would have to change from a blank combo to a damage 1/4 combo.

Oh wait! Scrap that! The heat waves would have to be on a transparent layer right? And to make it look like Link is under the hot waves it would have to be on a layer higher than two. And if its on a layer higher than zero then then the 1/4 damage combo won't hurt. So just make the heat waves not hurt and instead make the ground combos hurt every two seconds. Then for the Hyrule after you get the red tunic, the ground combos are just normal combos.

And about the maps, thats probably my fault with my silly day-and-night effect. Sorry. :D

Limzo
03-18-2006, 04:35 PM
About the music.

You can get the original Hyrule Field Theme from here. (http://gh.ffshrine.org/soundtracks/562/20)

Oh, and you should include the Ocarina of Time.
It could be the wistle and the song it could play would be the song of time.

You would only have to use it in the Temple of Time where when you play it, it opens the Door of Time.

LinkvsSora101
03-19-2006, 08:55 PM
Is there a way to change the tune of the whistle?

Limzo
03-20-2006, 12:48 PM
If you go to Freedom's Zelda Classic website, it tells you how to change your quest's sound effects. Don't ask me what his website address is though because I have not been on it for ages.

LinkvsSora101
03-20-2006, 03:40 PM
Oh, well i'll need to know how to get there, does anyone know?

firefly
03-20-2006, 03:44 PM
http://members.toast.net/mfreedom/ZC/zcquests.htm

LinkvsSora101
03-20-2006, 04:04 PM
Okay, but im lost, i dont know where it says how you can change the tune...

firefly
03-20-2006, 05:39 PM
Okay, but im lost, i dont know where it says how you can change the tune...

http://members.toast.net/mfreedom/ZC/sfx/sfx.htm

LinkvsSora101
03-20-2006, 05:59 PM
Ow, my brain hurts just looking at it, looks complicated, maybe i should stick with the original whistle tune.

Limzo
03-21-2006, 12:09 PM
Yeah, when I wanted to change sound effects it hurt my brain too. In fact it hurt my brain so much I could not do my maths (or math do you call it?) at school the next day!
But whatever. The fairy ocarina can't be done but the Ocarina of Time is a nesecety for the Temple of Time.

LinkvsSora101
03-21-2006, 08:03 PM
Yeah, i am working on Kakariko Village, but im still stuck on how to separate the Spiritual Stones and Medallions. Huh, how do i do that?

Limzo
03-23-2006, 12:16 PM
I have not finished Ocarina of Time so I am not that sure what you are talking about.
Dang! I wish I could help but I can't!

LinkvsSora101
03-23-2006, 10:15 PM
How can you NOT finish that game? It isnt that hard, all you need if your stuck is a good ol' walkthrough from teh interweb. And if your stuck on the Shadow Temple, i understand.

Limzo
03-24-2006, 02:57 PM
No, I'm not stuck on any of it. I just got a bit bored with it, so I left it for a while.

LinkvsSora101
03-24-2006, 11:48 PM
I dont see how that game can get boring, heres a tip, pick it up and play some more!!!!!!!! You need to beat teh Ocarina of Time!

Limzo
03-25-2006, 04:56 PM
I got bored because I was playing Majora's Mask and The Minish Cap at the same time (I am a bit obsessed with Zelda you see) so by the time I reached Jabu-Jabu's Belly, it just seemed a bit, you know, typicaly Zelda.

LinkvsSora101
03-26-2006, 09:43 PM
Jabu-Jabu's belly only??? Come on!!! That is only the 3rd dungeon, your not even an adult yet! Do you even know any of the 8-year-old spoilers? They are WAY over-due. Do you know who Shiek is? Geez, that 1998 game got a 10/10 on both IGN.com and Gamespot.com, that is rare, beat the game! (Majoras mask got a 9.9/10 on IGN.com, and Minish cap got a 9.3/10 on IGN.com, as you can see, Ocarina of Time beats all!)

firefly
03-26-2006, 10:38 PM
How are you going in the quest?

I bet nobody have reached this area, I did:
http://gallery.mcloz.net/albums/userpics/10003/thumb_z5beta1.jpeg

LinkvsSora101
03-27-2006, 12:57 AM
The quest is pretty good, i cant officially finish the dungeons, knowing the difference between spiritual stones and medallions, but only ONE triforce effect, so I'm working on the overworld, everything except Kokiri Forest/Lost woods is incomplete, Kakariko Village, Hyrule Market, Hyrule Field, Lon Lon Ranch, all in progress. I am currently working on Hyrule Castle, im trying to figure out a substitute for guards, are darknuts OK, or are they a bit too, you know, extreme?

Phazite
03-27-2006, 01:12 AM
If you know how you can use combo cycling to make the guards catch you and throw you out.

LinkvsSora101
03-27-2006, 02:12 AM
Really? Please explain how i can do that!

Phazite
03-27-2006, 06:18 PM
You can learn how to use combo cycling HERE (http://zc.thedpshack.com/Page05.htm)
It's somewhere in the middle of the page. I hope it helps.

So, use combo cycling to change the ground to a warp and back to a normal combo.

LinkvsSora101
03-27-2006, 10:01 PM
Uhh...complicated, where exactly does it say how to use combos?

firefly
03-27-2006, 10:17 PM
One advanced use of tile animation is “Combo Cycling”. This is easy to accomplish, but is very useful. We are going to have a spike combo rotate with a floor tile. So, we are going to need new combos. To make this easier, go to the unused combos under the flashing arrows so we can stick them horizontally from each other. We will also have to do some tile adjusting. So, open the tile-editing window. Now, go to the floor combo. Press “C” to copy it. Go down to a blank page and press “V” to paste it. Keep doing that until it fills one whole row. (Hint: when you get two, copy both and paste. Then copy that total and paste it. Keep doing this to fill the whole row.)

Now, go up to the spikes. Copy the last two and bring them down and paste it below the row of floor tiles. Adjust the spike tiles to make them look like they are on the floor. Then, copy them and make them cover the whole row.

Note: DO NOT copy 1 at a time. This can lead to confusion. Copy them by 2s if you follow my advice above. You don’t want an animation like this to be wrong.

We’ve got out tiles. Open up a the first unused tile. Find the first floor tile in that row. The row extends 20 tiles, so for frames, stick in 20. For speed, we need it to be the same as the spikes, so 5. We have no “next combo” yet. So, make the next combo. Find the first spike tile and make the frames 20 and the speed 5. For next, stick in the animated floor tile. We want it to have a damage of 2. So, go town the type message until you find “Damage 2” open up the animated floor combo. For next, hit the long spike combo. Now, we have it. The spike combo will switch the floor combo after it has finished its frames. Then, when the floor gets down with its animation, it switches back to the spikes. This begins the never-ending cycle. So, place the two tiles in separate columns, but make sure that there is a column of regular floor between. Remember, the spikes switch with floor and vice versa at the same tile; so, the player would have to get hit by the spikes. ->

Here.
And remember:

Note: The combos DO NOT cycle in Zquest. So, when the tiles don’t cycle, don’t think you messed up. You can only tell if you messed up in Zelda Classic.

Limzo
03-28-2006, 11:13 AM
If you scroll right to the bottom of the Adventure Tileset tiles you will find some guards from the Minish cap. Use those.

LinkvsSora101
03-28-2006, 12:57 PM
is there a way to use the guards AND the combos, so that it seems that the guards are throwing you out?

Limzo
03-29-2006, 03:39 AM
I am currently at school. I will try to make a guards mini quest when I get home.

Limzo
04-01-2006, 04:11 AM
Hey, Linkvssora101, can I be another beta testa pleeeeeeeeeeeeez! I loooove Oot even if I haven't finished it!

firefly
04-01-2006, 09:59 AM
Mmm... You can use stairs combos in front of the guards, just make the stair combos as normal grass/dirt and make them warp to the entrance.

LinkvsSora101
04-02-2006, 12:54 AM
Sorry, no beta testers

Limzo
04-02-2006, 06:41 AM
Sorry, no beta testers
Awww....
Anyway:
Hey! Listen! How are you doing in the quest now?

LinkvsSora101
04-02-2006, 02:35 PM
Pretty good, havent been working on it though, slacking, got a new video game, but i'll be back working on it soon

Limzo
04-03-2006, 06:00 AM
Hey, I just thought.
How do you make Daruina dance if the only ocarina is the time traveling one?
Strike your sword on a Gong?
Put a direct warp next to some drums & it warps you to a screen where it looks like link is playing them?
Kill Daruina?

WindStrike
04-03-2006, 06:19 AM
I remember in Hero of Dreams where in Level 7, you had to learn the song of seasons. After you talk to a person, you would hear it, and then you could use it by walking on a tree stump, which would bring in the next season (spring -> summer -> fall -> winter -> spring -> etc.). I think all you had to do for that was change the dmap so that a warp would exist on a tree stump. You could probably pull something very similar for this.

LinkvsSora101
04-04-2006, 09:30 PM
ok, we discussed something like this before, I (hopefully) am gonna make a direct warp under the master sword, or the pedestel, or whatever.

Limzo
04-05-2006, 03:05 AM
ok, we discussed something like this before, I (hopefully) am gonna make a direct warp under the master sword, or the pedestel, or whatever.
Uh, what does this have to do with making Daruina dance?

LinkvsSora101
04-05-2006, 07:31 PM
I was responding to the other guy. ANd the Dance, i have no idea how to do. In fact, im not sure how to make Gorons. Hmm, this has never crossed my mind before.....

Love For Fire
04-06-2006, 07:32 AM
I'm curious to see the finished product, because I'm including elements of Oot in my quest as well. Level 10: The Temple of Time, where you must venture through parts of the Forest, Fire, Water, Shadow, Spirit, and Light temples. I want to see how you are going to pull this off and maybe see what ideas work and which ones don't.

Limzo
04-06-2006, 07:37 AM
I was responding to the other guy. ANd the Dance, i have no idea how to do. In fact, im not sure how to make Gorons. Hmm, this has never crossed my mind before.....
Right at the bottom of the combos in the Adventure Tileset there are some "sprites" to be used as NPCs. There are some that say "more to load" on them. Replace the "more to load" combos with some ready to animate Goron tiles near the the bottom of the tiles.
And Windstrike was actually responding about making Daruina dance. Perhaps standing on a tree trunk would make Link whistle Saria's Song.

Dark Dude
04-06-2006, 01:29 PM
If it were possible to do like 1st and 2nd quest, where when you beat the 1st quest it goes straight to the second, it would be nice to be able to do that for OoT, the 1st quest being when you're a kid and the 2nd when you're an adult. You could make the Master Sword have a tile modification for Link so he looks like he turns into an adult. Going back to being a child would be odd, though... but unless you simply don't change Link's tiles at all, it would be difficult to return to being a child.
As for the Hover boots, I think the Ladder would be the best item to use. I like the idea of making the red tunic into the boots, however, I'm not sure how you would do the iron boots.
You could make the wand into bombchus. Change Link's magic into bombchus. Make bombs into deku nuts and super bombs into regular bombs.

I bet nobody have reached this area, I did:
http://gallery.mcloz.net/albums/userpics/10003/thumb_z5beta1.jpegHow'd you get there?

LinkvsSora101
04-09-2006, 02:38 PM
Wow, that all seems pretty clever, but are you saying I submit 2 quests? One as a kid and one as an adult? Or are you saying something else?

Limzo
04-10-2006, 03:32 AM
Posting two seperate quests does not sound wise to me. After all, this is a remake so it can't have all of the things the original game had, and vice versa.
Plus, people could just cut out the child quest and go straight to the adult one.

Oh, and I found this (http://www.purezc.com/index.php?page=tiles&id=191) for you. I thought you might like it. You'll have to rip the cset/csets into a pallete yourself but don't we all have to do that every once in a while when editing our quests? Just follow teilr's advice and it'll be fine.

And you could use this (http://www.purezc.com/index.php?page=tiles&id=634) for the background. I've ripped this one myself and you only have to rip the first cset.

Limzo
04-17-2006, 03:07 AM
Oh, come on! 6 days and noone's replied? I'm only trying to help you with your quest.

Majora
04-22-2006, 06:55 PM
LinkvsSora101 are you still stuck with the boots thing b/c i have an idea 4 the iron boots and hover boots

LinkvsSora101
04-23-2006, 02:30 AM
Lizmo, i saw that screen. Theres two parts to it, you need to connect the word "zelda" to the shield. Trust me, i tried for hours to do it, but you would need to edit in YOURSELF the shield detail when you put in the word "zelda". Which wont turn out well. So i got a different one. It is the word ZELDA with the triforce behind it. Still slacking, though, ill get back to it ASAP.

Limzo
04-24-2006, 12:55 PM
Use layers to conect them and that may solve all your problems.
Are you still using the Minish Cap background?

LinkvsSora101
05-25-2006, 10:15 PM
Sorry, guys, but for reasons i cannot tell you, the Ocarina of Time Remake is being cancelled. I am sorry, if anyone would like to try to make one, they can use this thread to explain. Sorry, but a cancellation is a cancellation.

Limzo
05-29-2006, 04:06 AM
LinkvsSora
:cry:
Okay, now that's out of my system. Good luck with your next quest.

Majora
06-09-2006, 11:37 PM
In the name of all that is sane, pure, and humane, send me what you have so far! I will finish it! I will bust my ass to finish it if I have to!

LinkvsSora101
06-30-2006, 04:42 PM
New thread, i didnt know this one was still here, i looked for it, its probably on the first page, you'll know when you see it. I have good news.

LinkvsSora101
06-30-2006, 04:44 PM
Forget the new thread, lets use this one, anyway, here is what i said on the other one. I would love to get back on the job of the Ocarina of Time Remake, but the only problem is figuring out how to separate spiritual stones from medallions, plus, i have no idea where the triforce tiles are in the Adventure Tileset, if it werent for those problems, id be happy to start working on it again, any suggestions?

Mega Link
07-14-2006, 10:01 AM
The item tiles are near the bottom of the tilesheet. The subscreen tiles are near the top, a couple pages below the link sprite tiles.

LinkvsSora101
12-16-2006, 11:56 PM
its an update, thank God!

I havent been on in a while, doing a lot of pointless crap. Anyway, i know what i have to do to even think of finishing...

first, the game will be broken into two separate games, kid, and adult, i know thats the last thing everyone wants, but it has to be done.

second, the temples will not look exactly the same, they will have the same concept, but dont expect an exact 2-d replica.

third, it may take a long time, and dungeons may be easy.

finally, i was thinking of adding a secret Cave of Ordeals, like the one in wind waker and twilight princess. (the floors and floors of enemies to get a cool prize) reply, and tell me what you think.

Majora
12-19-2006, 11:22 PM
Thats gonna be awesome! I would like to be a beta tester.

To solve the problem of people just going straight to the Adult without the child part being done first, make it so that in the adult quest, you start in an inescapable room, surrounded on all 4 sides by walls. when you complete the child quest the end string should be a custom one that reads "The cheat is ????" and that is the lv 4 cheat in the adult quest to walk through walls to start it.

To seperate the stones from the medallions:

In the recent beta (beta 15 i think) there are "Z-Items" which are kind of like custom items, to a certain extent. In the Youg Link part, draw/get the spiritual stones tiles, check the "3 or 6" Pieces rule, go to the first 3 Z-items, edit their class number to 32 (but I'll double check to make sure) and Presto! Functional spiritual stones. Do the same thing with the medallions. Need any more help, just PM me

Lotus_Eater
12-19-2006, 11:36 PM
You should be able to do the Adult and Child version together now with the link Modification tiles, simply use the Master Sword to change your Link Tile Mod, then use a script to remove or add it to your inventory when you enter the room. And while your at it simply have it teleport you to the adult or child map, I am certain that someone who is good at scripting could give you a hand with the script.

LinkvsSora101
12-20-2006, 06:09 PM
lotus, it wasnt the tiles that were troubling me, in fact, i wasnt even thinking of making link look different, but i might be able to...anyway, it was the spiritual stone thing that made me want to separate it

and majora, your plan sounds great, but if we do that, dont you think people will use the cheat to get all items and stuff like that? It was a good thought though.

this game is going to look horrible compared to that 2D oot on monkeypro, but hey, ill try my best

thanks, keep the suggestions coming, i could use them!

Lotus_Eater
12-20-2006, 06:46 PM
Oh, I hadn't considered that, you'd have to get pretty good with scripting to be able to do both. I would say you'd have to create the Spiritual Stones as z items and have a script check to see if those items had been gathered every time you enter Hyrule Castle. If you do you get warped to a variation of the screen that allows you access to the Temple of Time, it would be kinda complex, but not at all impossible.

Joe123
12-20-2006, 07:26 PM
I read somewhere (I think it was related to Alphadawg's third quest) that if you call your quest '1st' and give it quest number 1, and then your second one '2nd' and give it quest number 2, you can make it open when you beat the first one, like in zelda one and two? You might not want to have to call it that though I spose, and it'd still be better to do with script

LinkvsSora101
12-28-2006, 07:20 PM
im still kind of confused with the whole script thing...

im somewhat new to ZC, somewhat, the oot remake is my first serious quest, all my other ones i never posted and didnt really take seriously (plus, they have no dungeons) so can someone explain the script thing to me?

Zelda_Warrior
12-29-2006, 12:24 PM
Scripting is a new thing as of 2.11, and it lets you do that. Script. You can do things the editor itself can't normally do. Although parts of it are advanced, if you ask for it, somebody might be able to help. That's about a quick explanation, but if you plan on using it in your quest you'll need to know more than that.

LinkvsSora101
12-29-2006, 03:14 PM
2.11? did that come out already? Ive been using 2.10 forever, can you switch a quest over or would i need to start over completely?

The_Amaster
12-29-2006, 03:58 PM
2.11 is still in beta testing, and once it's out, it'll be called 2.5 Yeah, you can carry over your old quest, but stuff can get messed up or lost.

LinkvsSora101
12-31-2006, 04:36 PM
should i risk loosing it?

Mega Link
12-31-2006, 04:39 PM
Backup.

LinkvsSora101
01-02-2007, 03:50 AM
i have no idea why i didnt think of that

Stungun
01-02-2007, 05:07 AM
Uhm... were they trying to suggest that you make the Z-items various levels of bait? If the player keeps old items, you can put the Spiritual Stones as three levels of bait, and you get them at those places. The place where you use the spiritual stones, is marked as a 'Feed the Molblin' room; So when you use Zora's Sapphire, the item dissapears revealing the Goron's Ruby in your inventory (if you have it), which you use in the next room, revealing the Kokiri's Emerald (if you have it), which you then use and the Door of Time is open.

Just a theory. Any level of bait can THEORETICALLY, be used in any one of these stages so don't worry about going out-of-sequence. Either way you can hold up to 3 spiritual stones this way, and they all get used in the three Feed the Molblin rooms

LinkvsSora101
01-03-2007, 12:37 AM
wow, that is an incredible idea! It's perfect! You'll need to explain to me how you have 3 levels of bait though, i need to know. That's perfect, this way, the game wont need to be split up into two sections.

Majora
01-03-2007, 04:09 PM
When you are in ZQuest, go to quest->graphics->sprites->items and look at bait, and click on the tab that says "action", look at the class number, momorize it, then go to the first 3 empty z-item slots. Click on the "Actions" tab, type in the Item class, then type in a leve number in the "level" box. Any 3 conscutive numbers will do for the spirirtual stones, and, unless you are keeping the real bait, use 2, 3, and 4.

Stungun
01-03-2007, 05:42 PM
Be warned, if you DO use this method, you can't use any kind of bait item for ANYTHING but the Spiritual Stones... At least not until the stones or used. Cause if you have normal bait before that you can cheat and use it to open the Door of Time.

So: Until all the Spiritual Stones have been used, do NOT use regular bait.

LinkvsSora101
01-07-2007, 12:10 AM
nah, theres really nothing else bait would be used for. I saw what the bait actually looked like in the Adventure Tileset, and it actually is a golden bug (im guessing Golden Skullita's), but before anyone starts to say i should put that in, think about it. Golden Skullita's used like bait makes no sense, you're suppost to collect them, not feed them to people. Yeah, i know, feed them to the cursed people to get cool stuff. Way too easy, makes no sense. The bait will be used for spiritual stones.

LinkvsSora101
01-08-2007, 01:41 AM
well, i got the spiritual stones set as bait, but i cant figure out how to get different levels, there is no action tab when i do the thing tht Majoras Wrath told me to do, so im still a little confused about that. If i can get around that problem, things will definetely look up!

migokalle
01-08-2007, 05:56 AM
hey, do you still have problems with SFX files? i could fix the ocarina tune for you!
i could also make link shout exactly as in OoT! just PM or email me: [email protected] and put the topic in the mail as ''OOT REMAKE''
make sure to have the caps ON! thanks :)
*migokalle*

TheBestGamer
01-09-2007, 01:20 AM
I haven't read all the posts here, so correct me if I'm wrong. But I'm guessing you're breaking this into two separate games because you don't want adult Link to be able to use young Link's items, and vice versa? If that's the case, there is a solution. In the next version of ZC, you will be able to disable items in different Dmaps. It will serve this purpose well, if you're willing to wait for it.

I bet the next version will solve some other problems, too. Custom items and enemies can fill in some of the things that OoT has that aren't possible in 2.10.

anifan
01-10-2007, 08:44 PM
Please allow beta testers. Everyone wants to see a good remake, so having support would only help.

LinkvsSora101
01-10-2007, 09:45 PM
actually, i was planning to break the game into two seperate parts because i wasnt able to split medallions and spiritual stones, but stungun gave an idea that works perfectly. I'm trying to get the game as close to the actual game as possible. The first dungeon is really easy, my mistake, but ill make the second dungeon better. The overworld seems pretty accurate to me, but the dungeons arent gonna be the same. Does anyone know hot to get more maps than 20? I'm running low on maps, lol

as for beta testers, im not sure, ive been thinking about it, but i dont want anyone changing it or anything, ill think about it

TheBestGamer
01-11-2007, 01:05 AM
The more I hear about this, the more I think you should wait for ZC 2.5. It allows for custom enemies and items, for one thing. That would solve most of your problems. It lets you make different subscreens for different dmaps: perfect for switching between young and adult Link. It allows for four tile warps per area, which makes towns easier to build. And a little scripting could allow for great OoT boss simulation. There's probably more that I'm forgetting, but you see my point. An OoT remake NEEDS 2.5. And it doesn't seem to be that far away.

Also, doesn't ZC allow 255 maps? Where did you get the idea that the limit is 20?

And I highly recommend that you hire some beta testers. You can always password the quest to make sure no one changes anything. I'm open for testing at any time if you need me.

Majora
01-21-2007, 01:49 PM
A week and no replies? How is the quest going LinkvsSora?

Limzo
01-21-2007, 02:42 PM
God, I thought you'd packed up and left.

THANK GOD YOU'VE RETURNED!

LinkvsSora101
01-21-2007, 03:11 PM
yeah, ive been hearing a lot of the new version, but ive already started and im doing good, so i dont see any reason to kill the quest and wait, unless you can transfer it, in which case ill continue working until it comes out, then transfer it.

LinkvsSora101
03-28-2007, 03:29 AM
Its gone...my game is gone. My computer crashed, and we took it in to get repairs, but we had to get a new harddrive (or something) i was able to retrieve Zelda Classic from my old harddrive...but...the memory is gone. Ocarina of Time remake was lost, and I cant start it up again. I'm sorry, everyone, this isnt a joke, an excuse, or anything, this is 100% true. Sorry...

well, on the other hand, i have a few new quest ideas. I wont put them into action yet, but i have ideas.

Majora
03-28-2007, 05:17 PM
Damn... how much did you have done?

LinkvsSora101
08-01-2007, 05:05 AM
I believe I was halfway through JabuJabu's belly or something. Don't worry about it, I was far from done. Plus, I got Vista now, which ZC doesn't run on. Anyway, I haven't logged on this in forever, so if anyone for whatever reason (I can't imagine why) would need to ask a question, I'm constantly on YouTube under the username EpicOdysseus in which I participate in YouTube Poop.

DarkDeath
08-02-2007, 03:05 PM
Well things like this happen if you had beta testers you could've had them send the back up, well sorry man...