PDA

View Full Version : BS-Zelda Animation

Nimono
03-08-2006, 06:20 PM
How do I make this function work when I enable it myself? (No, I have not gotten a messed-up tile from it. In fact, it's not doing anything yet! And I just got some Kirby sprites that need the BS-Zelda Animation rule checked!)

For some reason, BS-Zelda Animation won't work if you check it yourself... It has to be put in the quest already... Hmmm...

firefly
03-08-2006, 06:36 PM
Use 1.92 beta 184, 2.10 will mess up the tiles. (yeah, I know you already knew that)

Nimono
03-08-2006, 06:41 PM
Use 1.92 beta 184, 2.10 will mess up the tiles. (yeah, I know you already knew that)
Ha, it didn't mess up the tiles for ME. Besides, my mom says I can only have one version of ZC at a time. Why would I want a beta when I can good ol' 2.10?

Rakki
03-08-2006, 07:49 PM
Ha, it didn't mess up the tiles for ME. Besides, my mom says I can only have one version of ZC at a time. Why would I want a beta when I can good ol' 2.10?
Because beta 184 is a LOT more stable than version 2.10. He's right though, you can't enable BS Animation in version 2.10, you HAVE to enable it in a previous version of ZQuest, and then open the quest in 2.10. Unfortunately, that also means that any progress you've made in 2.10 would be lost by doing this, since you can't open a 2.10 quest in a previous version of ZQuest. The other thing you could do is just keep working on your quest for now, and then when BS Animation is fixed (in 2.11), you could continue making the quest in that. Of course, that's assuming that a bugfix isn't released for 2.10, which it might be.

Nimono
03-08-2006, 07:51 PM
Because beta 184 is a LOT more stable than version 2.10. He's right though, you can't enable BS Animation in version 2.10, you HAVE to enable it in a previous version of ZQuest, and then open the quest in 2.10. Unfortunately, that also means that any progress you've made in 2.10 would be lost by doing this, since you can't open a 2.10 quest in a previous version of ZQuest. The other thing you could do is just keep working on your quest for now, and then when BS Animation is fixed (in 2.11), you could continue making the quest in that. Of course, that's assuming that a bugfix isn't released for 2.10, which it might be.
Actually, I decided to just use the tiles from another of my quests, one that HAS BS-Zelda Animation enabled. So what you just said is now utterly useless. (But how would you know that I had already "fixed" my problem?)

Rakki
03-08-2006, 07:54 PM
Ahh, good to hear you won't lose your quest progress then. :)

Nimono
03-08-2006, 07:56 PM
Ahh, good to hear you won't lose your quest progress then. :)
Oh, come on! I'd rather have the most up-to-date version than the most bug-free version!

firefly
03-08-2006, 07:59 PM
BS-animation bug always appears with a 2.10 quest, sometimes you can see it, sometimes not, I know because I had to delete my quest and make a new one in 1.92, the bug wasn't visible in the quest until I completed the overworld.

Rakki
03-08-2006, 08:07 PM
Oh, come on! I'd rather have the most up-to-date version than the most bug-free version!
Umm, I think you read that the wrong way. I'm saying I'm glad you DON'T have to go back and use version 1.92 to enable the BS animation. ^_^;

Nimono
03-08-2006, 08:09 PM
Umm, I think you read that the wrong way. I'm saying I'm glad you DON'T have to go back and use version 1.92 to enable the BS animation. ^_^;
No, I read it the right way. I was merely stating that I'd rather have 2.10 because it's newer than the most bug-free version.

Pineconn
03-08-2006, 09:11 PM
Me too. People like using 1.92, but it's terrible compared to 2.10. 2.10 is easier and more pleasing to use, in my opinion. So what its ZQ crashes a lot? Just save all the time!

Nimono
03-08-2006, 09:13 PM
Me too. People like using 1.92, but it's terrible compared to 2.10. 2.10 is easier and more pleasing to use, in my opinion. So what its ZQ crashes a lot? Just save all the time!
I wish people would stop posting here. No offense, but my problem's been solved.

Shoelace
03-08-2006, 10:30 PM
Dude he didn't even say anything wrong. You posted here a hour before he did. Oh noes I posted here too!

Anyways, 2.10 is fine in my opinion even with the bugs. Though I haven't switched to 2.11 but I will when the new version comes out because of the new puzzles that I can make.

But I disagree with you about 1.92 being terrible. It isn't at all. Most love using it because of the continue points and that you can basically make all of the same puzzles that are in 2.10. I don't think it is terrible, but I do prefer 2.10 because my computer likes it better. I can make game in 2.10 twice as fast as I used to.