PDA

View Full Version : combo type that throws rock / deku nuts

Freedom
03-08-2006, 11:49 AM
I'd like to see a combo like a center statue that instead throws rocks to be used with adding deku shrubs.

Also would like 6 misc sounds (sfx) added to the sfx.dat that can be chosen on a per screen basis (like sea sound) .... would also be really cool if they could also be set to trigger with secrets as an option or if the screen option is off they would just trigger when entering the screen

ShadowTiger
03-08-2006, 12:21 PM
Agreed. :p It could add that morocca sound effect to a Deku-Tree type boss. You could have Dekus that shoot rocks at you from atop the leafy branches, while you have Dekus that you need to dispatch on the leafy ground. When you dispatch those, more Dekus hop off the tree to assail you. But when you're done with the Dekus, the TREE attacks you in a REAL Custom Boss Match. >:-] ... ... ...

Too much sugar today. =^.^=

rocksfan13
03-08-2006, 02:21 PM
Toatally. It would be nice if we could change the triforce aquisition music.

Those trees would definately be a good addin.

Freedom
03-08-2006, 04:02 PM
http://members.toast.net/mfreedom/scrubby.gif

I was thinking about scrubs not trees ;)

Nimono
03-08-2006, 04:26 PM
http://members.toast.net/mfreedom/scrubby.gif

I was thinking about scrubs not trees ;)
Way cool picture. I'd like to see those things made into actual enemies. Or, better yet, you could make them a part of a room type "Business Scrub Shop", where you must find a way to hit the Business Scrub from afar to make it sell you something or give you info. The info one would be better of as "Business Scrub Info Shop" or just "Business Scrub". But either way, the ideas I read are all good....

Freedom
03-08-2006, 04:39 PM
I already got them all ripped from Minish cap and re-edited into Zelda Classic, stars floating around his head and all.
I even grabbed the squeel he makes when you pop him.
Having a combo that shoots rocks/nuts as it's triggered would make it more realistic then doing it with combo cycling I think, but either way I'll make them work. ;)
If it was a combo, then you should be able to reflect it with the mirror shield.

ShadowTiger
03-08-2006, 04:39 PM
Freedom: (http://www.armageddongames.net/showpost.php?p=1061672&postcount=4) Actually, so was I. http://www.purezc.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/icon_heh.gif

Ever play DoY? Even early on. The very first boss. Fairly similar to that, except the mushroom (mini)boss would be shooting rocks instead of fireballs, and he'd be a tree. :p *lol*

EDIT: ... Oh, bloody hell. THAT Kind of scrub. The Deku Scrub Salesman, you meant! Oooh, ... alright. I was imagining the ones in the PTUX Set; the ones Warlock drew.

Nimono
03-08-2006, 04:44 PM
I already got them all ripped from Minish cap and re-edited into Zelda Classic, stars floating around his head and all.
I even grabbed the squeel he makes when you pop him.
Having a combo that shoots rocks/nuts as it's triggered would make it more realistic then doing it with combo cycling I think, but either way I'll make them work. ;)
Well, just so you know, that link you gave that had the word "scrubby" in it, that one word is a word I call the Fast Blue Octoroks on the PTUX tileset. They just look so much like the Deku Scrubs, I decided to call them scrubbies. Go figure. But I do hope that can be implemented. I'd love to see a Scrub shooting at you.

Freedom
03-08-2006, 04:51 PM
EDIT: ... Oh, bloody hell. THAT Kind of scrub. The Deku Scrub Salesman, you meant! Oooh, ... alright. I was imagining the ones in the PTUX Set; the ones Warlock drew.

Yep, the one that you have to pop at the beginning of Minish Cap to get to the Castle, and then He shows up in a few caves and gives info too. ;)
different but the same.

Nimono
03-08-2006, 04:58 PM
Yep, the one that you have to pop at the beginning of Minish Cap to get to the Castle, and then He shows up in a few caves and gives info too. ;)
different but the same.
I'd like to see that same enemy turned into the rooms that go with it in The Minish Cap and OoS.

ShadowTiger
03-08-2006, 05:32 PM
Oh, ... ... but if we had a Rock throwing combo, we'd need to time it to the Salesman's rockspitting animation. =/ To do otherwise would be cruel. Hell, as far as I know, even fireball statues don't have an exact pattern to them. L L.'

Nimono
03-08-2006, 05:40 PM
Oh, ... ... but if we had a Rock throwing combo, we'd need to time it to the Salesman's rockspitting animation. =/ To do otherwise would be cruel. Hell, as far as I know, even fireball statues don't have an exact pattern to them. L L.'
If you could figure that out, you could make a statue that faces you, then shoots at you. Heh. Funny.

Freedom
03-08-2006, 06:37 PM

Yea, That's why I said
Having a combo that shoots rocks/nuts as it's triggered so you use it in a cycling combo and everytime it hits that tile it fires.
It wouldn't be exactly like a statue, which are buggy themslves right now... or at least they were in b8, I haven't checked them in b9 yet.

Nimono
03-08-2006, 06:40 PM
Yea, That's why I said so you use it in a cycling combo and everytime it hits that tile it fires.
It wouldn't be exactly like a statue, which are buggy themslves right now... or at least they were in b8, I haven't checked them in b9 yet.
Hmmm... You might be on to something even better than what you thought of! Of course, I don't know what it is. But I have this odd feeling that this one simple idea has a lot of potential... Or not. Who knows?

Freedom
03-11-2006, 01:34 AM
Another small request/suggestion not worth it's own thread.

Have item held up be above layer 3 so items hidden behind trees can be seen when held up.

Nimono
03-11-2006, 08:07 PM
Another small request/suggestion not worth it's own thread.

Have item held up be above layer 3 so items hidden behind trees can be seen when held up.
Maybe that should be put as a quest rule or screen flag. That way, you can choose not to do that and make people feel the suspense (and you might even want to hide a useless item on a damage tile. Ha ha.

Freedom
03-11-2006, 08:12 PM
If I didn't want them to see it, I wouldn't check the "Hold Item Up" screen flag

xXVolvagiaXx
03-11-2006, 09:49 PM
If you had Deku SCrubs like that, it'd be pretty wicked, but you might have to set an enemy flag for them, so they don't appear in ridiculousley random places...(Ex:Walkable roof tile, hard to reach places....um....well, you catch my drift, right?)
Oh! And when you hit them, they don't just surrender, you have to chase them and slash them, like in Oot, or MM.:)

Nimono
03-11-2006, 09:53 PM
If you had Deku SCrubs like that, it'd be pretty wicked, but you might have to set an enemy flag for them, so they don't appear in ridiculousley random places...(Ex:Walkable roof tile, hard to reach places....um....well, you catch my drift, right?)
Oh! And when you hit them, they don't just surrender, you have to chase them and slash them, like in Oot, or MM.:)
Actually, in OoT, you just have to get near them, and they'll sell you stuff. It's usually more expensive than in shops, but, hey, when you're in the Lost Woods, you gotta do with what you can.