PDA

View Full Version : A way to change the Random item ?

Bull Bizard
03-08-2006, 04:16 AM
When you cut bush or when you kill an enemy sometimes they drop random item...
Is there a way to custom it ?

For example, I don't want to find bomb by killing enemies, or just with specific ones.

An other, I want to modify the % of the chance of having Heart, Rupee, and others...

LinkMaster500
03-08-2006, 10:06 AM
I don't think that is possible as the randomness of items enemies dropped is programmed into ZC itself. For bushes, you could do the following:

Place flag 10 (armos--item) on one of the bushes
Designate "special item" as the room type
Press "A" and select the special item you want

Other suggestions:

If your quest requires the use of lots of Rupees, put in enemies like Red Leevers and Blue Tektites as they often drop 5-rupee coins, and don't forget about the small and large wallets, which increase the max rupee capacity. If the player has to use a lot of bombs, put in enemies like Black Moblins, Blue Octorocks, and Lynels.

Bull Bizard
03-08-2006, 10:47 AM
Place flag 10 (armos--item) on one of the bushes
Designate "special item" as the room type
Press "A" and select the special item you want

Thank you, I will try this :)

LinkMaster500
03-08-2006, 02:39 PM
That is mainly used to put an important item under a bush such as a HC piece or dungeon item. You can use the same process to put the item inside a treasure chest.

Nimono
03-08-2006, 02:44 PM
That is mainly used to put an important item under a bush such as a HC piece or dungeon item. You can use the same process to put the item inside a treasure chest.
True, but once the item and enemy editors come along, we'll be able to change each item and enemy. Hopefully, that'll be soon, seeing as it was about 2 days after 2.11 beta 8 came out that 2.11 beta 9 came out.