PDA

View Full Version : ALPHA Quest Help Please

revcort
03-08-2006, 01:33 AM
Hey guys, just downloaded ZC 2.1 about 3 weeks ago and have been playing the original quests.

I completed the first 2 quests and am now playing the quest for which you enter ALPHA as your player name. I've run into some snags and was looking for info on this quest.

A few questions: (if anyone knows)
1. Where is the bracelet?
2. Where is a stinkin' boomerang? Unless I'm missing something, level 1 didn't have one.
3. I'm stuck on level two and can't seem to find another place to bomb or another stone to move.
4. Is there a whistle on level 1?

Also, I've been looking for walkthroughs on ALPHA quest and can't find any. Was this quest available on the original NES Zelda or is ALPHA quest new to ZC 2.10? Does anyone have any walkthrough info on this quest?

Thanks for any help someone might have.

Nicholas Steel
03-08-2006, 02:13 AM
have you tried walking through walls in dungeon 2?

revcort
03-08-2006, 02:21 AM
Hey franpa- that's a good question, and yes I have tried it. I think I've tried to walk through or bomb every possible wall, but I'm obviously missing something.

I have the map for the level- it looks like the shape of a key. I've been in all of the lower rooms and all of the right hand side on the top (except for where the last boss is). I can't seem to get to the upper left side of the level for some reason. There are something like 5-6 rooms I can't get to and I'm pretty well stumped.

Nicholas Steel
03-08-2006, 02:44 AM
level 1 does not have the boomerang... (or atleast i think it doesnt... never really played alpha quest)

Link648689Ti
03-09-2006, 02:07 AM
I've played the ALPHA quest and gone through some stuff good and bad. Good: I've gone through all dunegeon levels, except for the Bad part: Level 6. Where in the overworld (ALPHA quest) is Level 6? I cannot go any further beacause, in increasing difficulty of levels, a ladder and/or a raft is needed and to get 12 hearts, I need to get the magical sword to defeat the enemies faster than both the wooden and white swords... it would be nice to have a red ring early in the game, but that's only found in level 9 and defeating Ganon, as well as acquiring the Silver Arrows, also found in level 9.

Anyway... back to this: where's level 6? Thanks!

Link648689Ti

LinkMaster500
03-09-2006, 10:55 AM
Have you found the Raft in Level 5 yet? Level 6 is the island in the northeast part of the overworld that in both original Zelda quests was one of those "Take any one you want" heart container/potion rooms.

As far as revcort's question goes, in Level 2, go to the "dark" room that has Keese and center and corner traps, and push one of the blocks. Yes there can be pushable blocks in dark rooms as well as other rooms, so you want to try to push every block in every room.