PDA

View Full Version : Big Link?

Nimono
03-07-2006, 11:15 PM
Okay, I've heard things about "Big Link", but I have no idea how to make Link "Big"! Where in the betas is the feature that allows this?

firefly
03-08-2006, 12:00 AM
Graphics->sprites->Link, left click on a sprite and press "X".

Nimono
03-08-2006, 02:12 PM
Graphics->sprites->Link, left click on a sprite and press "X".
Oh... What are the ups and downs for using Big Link?

ShadowTiger
03-08-2006, 04:51 PM
Also note that you can press "X" twice, (It cycles through 16x16 Link, 16x32 Link, and 32x32 Link and back again.)

You'll probably also want to use his Large Hitbox.

[][]
[][]
[][]

Normal Hitbox:

[][]
[][]
[][]

Red is intangible and "over" the Layers 1, 2, and most projectiles. Violet isn't available on normal hitbox mode so ignore it. Blue is your hitbox, where enemies and your walkability can interact with.

Freedom
03-08-2006, 04:57 PM
I've just added a big link to my quest, so I've really just started figuring it all out myself.
The large hit box is going to mean you'll have to change all the door tiles that are set to top half no walk, plus I noticed he gets stuck in a lot of other places too, like passageways, so keep that in mind too. ;)

Nimono
03-08-2006, 05:00 PM
I've just added a big link to my quest, so I've really just started figuring it all out myself.
The large hit box is going to mean you'll have to change all the door tiles that are set to top half no walk, plus I noticed he gets stuck in a lot of other places too, like passageways, so keep that in mind too. ;)
Ooh, then if I were to make a quest with him, I'd make sure not to use passageways....

Freedom
03-08-2006, 05:03 PM
no.... you would just need to open them up so link would fit through.
It's all side walking areas that have the top half of a combo set to no walk, just make it walkable.

Nimono
03-08-2006, 05:03 PM
no.... you would just need to open them up so link would fit through.
It's all side walking areas that have the top half of a combo set to no walk, just make it walkable.
Oh yeah...

eXodus
03-08-2006, 11:26 PM
Also note that you can press "X" twice, (It cycles through 16x16 Link, 16x32 Link, and 32x32 Link and back again.)

Um, when I last checked (2.11 beta 6) the first Expansion was only 16x24, and the second one just added a couple of pixels on each side. Have the sizes of those expansions been fixed up already?

Rakki
03-09-2006, 04:16 AM
Um, when I last checked (2.11 beta 6) the first Expansion was only 16x24, and the second one just added a couple of pixels on each side. Have the sizes of those expansions been fixed up already?
Yes, in beta 9, which is now available. If you click on one of Link's tiles, there's text that says "Expansion:" and next to it can either be a 0 (normal), a 1 or a 2 (cycles through when you press X).