PDA

View Full Version : Please help, I'm a newb to Zelda Classic...

Evil
03-07-2006, 07:46 PM
As stated in the thread title, I am new to Zelda Classic. I tried making a Zelda fan game using Game Maker, but I found it too complicated so I decided I'd use Zelda Classic's Quest Editor/Maker.

I downloaded the latest version, and now I have some questions that I'd like answered:

1.Is there anyway to test my edited quest without having to upload it to the internet?

2.Is there a way to choose where you start on the overworld map?

Thanks in advance.

Nimono
03-07-2006, 07:50 PM
As stated in the thread title, I am new to Zelda Classic. I tried making a Zelda fan game using Game Maker, but I found it too complicated so I decided I'd use Zelda Classic's Quest Editor/Maker.

I downloaded the latest version, and now I have some questions that I'd like answered:

1.Is there anyway to test my edited quest without having to upload it to the internet?

2.Is there a way to choose where you start on the overworld map?

Thanks in advance.
1: Uh, you open ZC (The main game, it's called Zelda Classic v2.10w), choose your custom quest, and play. Read one of the sticky threads in Quest Announcment/Discussion (or in this one, I can't remember which) to learn how to do this.
2: Dmaps. Go to the DMap editor and choose one for your Overworld. Put the screen number you want to start on in the Continue box.

Evil
03-07-2006, 07:55 PM
OK, thanks alot Pikaguy900. I'll post again if I have any more questions(...well, of course I will. Why wouldn't I?...). :D

Nimono
03-07-2006, 07:56 PM
OK, thanks alot Pikaguy900. I'll post again if I have any more questions(...well, of course I will. Why wouldn't I?...). :D
Well, before you ask for more help, look in the Help Readme that comes with the program to see if your question is answered there. Trust me, it helps. I once messed up a quest BIG TIME when I first got it. Okay, so it wasn't major. All I did was made regular screens on the 8-row screens. Bad idea.

Evil
03-07-2006, 08:01 PM
I'll do that. Thanks again.:)

*b*
03-07-2006, 08:05 PM
an extended answer to your second question: when you edit your DMap, you must define the Continue screen, which is where you start off. you must also go to that screen, and define where Link actually appears on the screen. press Page Up or Page Down a few times until you come across the menu (on the bottom) with four squares in it. there are now two menus like that, however one contains four blue squares. you don't want that one, but instead the one with a rupee, waving flag, staircase, and green square. click the green square, then click anywhere on the game screen to set where Link appears

Evil
03-07-2006, 08:13 PM
Thanks again guys! :D

But I've got a problem; I opened ZC and figured out how to load my game that I made in ZQuest, but for some reason when I make a new file I just end up playing the original version of LoZ.:confused:

Rakki
03-07-2006, 08:24 PM
Yeah, it defaults to the original quest (or second if you name yourself Zelda, or third if you name yourself Alpha). To play a custom quest, you have to press the A button (defaulted to the alt key), then click the Browse button, and click the name of the custom quest you want to play, then click the OK button, and hit Start (default key is enter) to play it.

alfinchkid
03-07-2006, 08:27 PM
Hit "A" (default Alt) 2 times, then select the file name from the window that comes up. Actually, this is how to play quests from the intenernet that you download, too.

Evil
03-07-2006, 08:37 PM
Thanks. Sorry if I'm any sort of trouble or anything.

cbailey78
03-08-2006, 01:34 AM
No no! You're not any sort of trouble at all! Everybody is glad to help you, that's what the ZC Quest Editor Help forum is here for!:D

Limzo
03-09-2006, 02:25 PM
If you need any help on Zelda Classic, ask two guys called idon'tknow or alphadawg to help you because they are two of the top dogs when it comes to Zelda Classic. And if you think i'm a newbie too then you are wrong. It only seems that way because I have not been able to join these forums yet! So there! Burp!

marconomo2
03-10-2006, 09:12 AM
I'm also new! But I'm from Switzerland. I can't good English.

O.K :

My question is:

When I start my QUEST, I start always completely left above.

That is not practically, becouse i make a tree there, and i can't continue with link.

How can a make that Link appear in the middle?

2. Question:

When i go (in my QUEST) in a cave, i come not, then , during the exit outside. Whay? what can I do?

Love For Fire
03-10-2006, 09:37 AM
Left above as in the top left corner of the map? Or the upper left corner of the screen?
If it's the map, go into Quest->Dmaps and set the screen you want to start on.

If you are trying to make Link appear in the middle of the screen, in Zquest, go to the starting screen, press PAGE DOWN, click the GREEN square, and simply place it where you want Link to appear.

I'm having a hard time understanding your second question, but I think I know what's wrong. Whenever Link comes out of any tile warp (cave,dungeon entrance etc.) you MUST place the BLUE square where you want Link to come out. Otherwise he will appear in the upper-left corner again.

marconomo2
03-11-2006, 10:15 AM
Thank you very much! I have understand. :D