PDA

View Full Version : Making a Waterfall that you can walk AND see yourself behind

Nimono
03-07-2006, 07:27 PM
I'd like to make a waterfall that you can walk behind. The only problem is that I want to be able to see myself as I walk behind it. The reason it's the problem is because no matter how many transparent layers I make for it, it looks wrong!

firefly
03-07-2006, 07:30 PM
Press "B" in Zquest.
Or test it in Zelda Classic, sometimes trans. layers look wrong in Zquest.

§

Nimono
03-07-2006, 07:32 PM
Ummm... screenshots?

Press "B" in Zquest.
You mean "Z". You might think it's stupid, but I'm using the MMDWR Tileset. Hey, I like Megaman games, too. But I'll give you a screenshot soon.

Here it is:
http://usera.imagecave.com/pikachu1300/zelda019.bmp.jpg

Please don't complain again that it's .bmp.jpeg. I can only do that or plain jpeg, since imagecave.com changes everything to jpeg.

firefly
03-07-2006, 07:48 PM
You mean "Z". You might think it's stupid, but I'm using the MMDWR Tileset. Hey, I like Megaman games, too. But I'll give you a screenshot soon.

Here it is:
http://usera.imagecave.com/pikachu1300/zelda019.bmp.jpg

Why?, MMDWR is a great tileset. :D
Is MegaMan looking wrong? or is the terrain looking wrong?

Please don't complain again that it's .bmp.jpeg. I can only do that or plain jpeg, since imagecave.com changes everything to jpeg.

Sorry, I'm not complaining anymore. :)

Nimono
03-07-2006, 07:51 PM
Why?, MMDWR is a great tileset. :D
Is MegaMan looking wrong? or is the terrain looking wrong?

Sorry, I'm not complaining anymore. :)
I said that the problem is that the WATERFALL doesn't look right. I want it to be almost 0% Transparent, but transparent enough so you can see Megaman. But the more layers I add, the worse it looks!

firefly
03-07-2006, 07:56 PM
ummm... the only way I can think of is using lighter colors for the waterfall...

Nimono
03-07-2006, 07:57 PM
ummm... I think the only way to make it less transparent is editing the tile itself.
use brighter colors for the waterfall...
Umm... Okay... And just so you know, the picture I gave you was where the layer was transparent.

Rakki
03-07-2006, 08:14 PM
Another solution to this problem would be to make your own waterfall tiles (just copy over the ones that are already there) and draw the transparent color over some areas of the frames, so that you always see parts of what's behind the waterfall, but not the entire thing.

Nimono
03-07-2006, 08:59 PM
Another solution to this problem would be to make your own waterfall tiles (just copy over the ones that are already there) and draw the transparent color over some areas of the frames, so that you always see parts of what's behind the waterfall, but not the entire thing.
I tired that. It didn't look that great. Oh well. Back to trying more methods! (And continuing work on my various other quests. I have too many for my own good!)