PDA

View Full Version : Hidden Duality Help

sono_ryuu_sochi
03-07-2006, 12:58 PM
Is the 4th dungeon the one that was robbed and destroyed by bandits? I've found the boss key in this place but nothing else(excpet a room with some money in it). A little help please. I've tried bombing out some of the walls to get to the places with rooms around them in a circle to no avail. A little help? Also, where do I find the bomb upgrades. I haven't come across any yet(and having to leave this place to go get bombs often gets annoying). Thanks.

bigboylink
03-07-2006, 09:32 PM
In level 4, have you fought the digdogger yet? If you have the boss key, follow the path leading from the digdogger's room to get to the boss (you'll need bombs).

having to leave this place to go get bombs often gets annoying

I agree with you on that. Try looking in the southeast corner of the darkworld, under a cactus. You won't be able to get the next upgrade until (I believe) level 5, when you get the stepladder.

sono_ryuu_sochi
03-07-2006, 09:52 PM
There's a digdogger? I haven't seen him :| Maybe I'm still lost. I'll look tonight and check back tomorrow. Thanks for your reply.

DarkFlameWolf
03-07-2006, 11:27 PM
go as far right and as far down as you can go, so you are as far right-down as you can be in level 4 without bombing any walls. Now bomb the north wall. Be ready to bomb the left wall after a few rooms and then bomb the north wall after that. Follow that route to the boss.

LinkMaster500
03-08-2006, 12:25 AM
I think the first bomb upgrade is actually available after you get the wand/book combo.

DarkFlameWolf
03-08-2006, 02:21 AM
no, technically speaking, its possible to get after you get the blue lantern in level 2. Sure, you'd have to leave level 2 before finishing it, burn the bush, bomb the rock to go to the dark world, burn the bush to access the desert and bomb the cactus in the desert. But you can get it that early. Just like you can leave level 5 after getting the ladder to get the second upgrade.

sono_ryuu_sochi
03-08-2006, 12:25 PM
Okay, I beat that dungeon but I only walked away with the book. Is that right? Or do I get something else in there? Thanks :)

LinkMaster500
03-08-2006, 02:38 PM
After you get the book, that's all you need to get. I'm sure you found where the Triforce piece is in that dungeon.

sono_ryuu_sochi
03-08-2006, 10:08 PM
No, I couldn't find a triforce piece in that dungeon(that I can recall. perhaps I did and forgot :|) I didn't get a heartpiece either that I can think of :|

DarkFlameWolf
03-08-2006, 11:38 PM
levels 4 and 8 do not give out heart pieces. And to find the triforce of level 4, search the western desert using your new magic book.

LinkMaster500
03-09-2006, 10:45 AM
Oops--my mistake: I should not have mentioned a "triforce piece in level 4" because I know that you have to get the book first, then find the cave that houses the triforce piece.

sono_ryuu_sochi
03-11-2006, 09:04 PM
:confused: Okay, me again. I'm in level 6 and I'm so lost. I haven't gotten a single key yet but I have the map and the compass. No hookshot, boots, or lens. Help please. Thanks again. :D

DarkFlameWolf
03-11-2006, 11:41 PM
quick hint for both keys: from the entrance, go right. You heard me, GO RIGHT. (twice!)
And as for the second key, go downstairs and try doing the same thing on different walls.

sono_ryuu_sochi
03-15-2006, 12:43 PM
Okay, another problem. I beat the 6th dungeon and have been traversing around the world to find the next one. I believe it is in the dark world in the top left corner of the map. I see a dungeon in one place but I can't get up to it(need to use the whistle from the entrance apparently). And I can't get around. There is this weird tree thing but i don't know what to do with it(I've tried everything I can think of). Help please...again

DarkFlameWolf
03-15-2006, 03:57 PM
level 7 is actually in the light world in the lower left. To get there, try going to the lower left section of the dark world and see what you can find.

granite
03-27-2006, 01:12 AM
Hello, I sure could use help with level 3.
I have the whistle and the wand, but cant find the braclet.
I have been to 2 entrances, the main entrance, and the one to the north east, but I cant find a way to get to the 3rd entrance which is located above the main entrance.
thanks in advance

DarkFlameWolf
03-27-2006, 10:41 AM
need to work your way up from the ground floor and once you hit the third floor, head left instead of going right in the room with all the mice.

sono_ryuu_sochi
03-29-2006, 11:14 PM
Once again I'm stuck...I have no idea on where to go in Level 7(I think it's 7 where you get the hammer and second glove). I have both items and just can't solve this at all. I don't even recall being on the second floor. I wish I could be more specific but it's such a confusing level. And should I have the 3rd sword by now? I got the one in the desert of the dark world but haven't found another.

DarkFlameWolf
03-30-2006, 02:09 AM
well as usual, check the surrounding overworld for a new entrance to level 7 with your hammer. Furthermore, try going through old 'paths' in level 7 and see if you can spot some extra pathways using the hammer. As for the magic sword, you can acquire it after level 6 with 12 hearts in the graveyard in the dark world.

granite
04-01-2006, 08:45 PM
Ok, so Im in lvl 3 dungeon, I cannot figure out how proceed from the second entrance north east of the main entrance.

I go in the second entrance bombed the wall, went up 1 room.

There is a flame looking thing on the wall, and a chest I cant reach. I think I need the red candle to shoot fire at it with my wand, but I dont know where the red candle is, or maybe there is another way . Thanks again DFW

granite
04-01-2006, 08:48 PM
Ok, thanks LM500. So how do I get the braclet?

LinkMaster500
04-02-2006, 08:55 AM
I think the chest you're talking about is one of those rupee chests. To get it, you have to have the book in order to shoot fire with the wand. You can get the Book in Level 4, but don't worry about getting that chest right now as it is not necessary to finish Level 3.

One more thing: Please do not double-post from now on. If you need to edit something you said, use the Edit button to change your posting.

granite
04-03-2006, 04:14 PM
Can anyone please help me find the braclet in lvl 3? Thanks:googly:

sono_ryuu_sochi
04-06-2006, 02:47 PM
Hopefully this will be my last post before I beat the game :D

A few quick questions:

In the forest of the light world there is a little hut in the trees that I cannot seem to get to. It looks like it might be a minidungeon(with a heartpeace perhaps?) but I can't find how to get near the entrance.

What is the point of beating the master dome? Is it a final heart or the master key?

One of the hints that I was given was that there was a dungeun similiar to the one where I got the book in water. What should I look for for this?

Thanks for a wonderful quest. Along the way I've hit some snags but it's been a blast to play. And I'm almost done!(with about 170 deaths! lol)

bigboylink
04-07-2006, 09:42 PM
Ok, thanks LM500. So how do I get the braclet?

You'll need the wand and 2 keys. The keys are located beyond paths that require either the whistle or wand to access. You'll encounter that sort of macro-puzzle for most of this quest's huge dungeons.

DarkFlameWolf
04-07-2006, 10:12 PM
Pretty much, it kinda flows like this: Enter a dungeon, acquire a few keys and get a new item. Then utilize the new item to re-explore what you've already explored of the dungeon to find more keys and another item. Then utilize that item plus the first one to go back through the dungeon again to find more keys, etc. and so on and so forth. With HD, I was counting on players to fall back to the old way of playing Zelda Games, with pencil and paper and drawing maps of where they've been, etc. Koopa can tell you that having a map of your own drawing can be quite helpful while exploring. But that's basically the gist of all the dungeons in HD.

granite
04-08-2006, 12:08 AM
umm ok, you dont want to spoil the game for me, i understand.
thanks

DarkFlameWolf
04-08-2006, 01:17 AM
well that and its been so long since I played it that I really don't remember. :googly:

koopa
04-09-2006, 11:05 AM
It's been some time since I played HD, so I can't remember everything, but ...

sono: If you mean the tree with an entrance, I don't think that's anything except decoration, I got 23 HCP and wrote down the location of each one - that tree isn't among them.

The point of the master dome: only when you've beaten it can you say that you've beaten the wholequest :) There is also the magic key there.

The other dungeon: Can't remember, but if you tell me what dungeon number you're looking for I could help. There are also 5 non-numbered dungeons.

Granite: I'm trying to find my notes. I know I wrote it down somewhere ...

granite
04-10-2006, 11:55 PM
I think it's probably like, on the 3rd page of your notes, approx half way down the page.
Ya, thats it, I think, maybe.:confused:
Did you look there?

Near Zurich?

elise
04-11-2006, 09:05 AM
Granite from the start go left till one room from the end ( red whizzrobes and rats)
there go north till the end ( room with red whizzrobes)
go right till the end and use wand at the pipe in the wall to drop down the blocks.
go up and you get the bracelet ;)

sono_ryuu_sochi
04-11-2006, 11:52 AM
Eh, shrug. I beat the game, so I finished everything(that I wanted to). I didn't beat the MasterDome and I only missed 2 h.c.'s to be able to say that I have them all. I got everything else though. Great quest. I'm looking foward to the next one :D

koopa
04-11-2006, 01:53 PM
Sono: congrats.
DFW's next one is in the works, see the "lost isle" thread here (http://www.armageddongames.net/showthread.php?t=89786). And have you tried Isle of the Winds?

Granite: It's the tip of the dome of the ETH, Zürich. At least, it should be.

You've got your answer, I'm still looking for those notes of mine though ...

sono_ryuu_sochi
04-12-2006, 11:35 AM
Tried it and beat it. With a remarkable 300 deaths or so. Phenomenal(sp?) quest as well. I'm currently trying Hero of Dreams but that sucker is hard!

granite
04-12-2006, 07:25 PM
Thank you much, Elise, and Koopa.

So Koopa, is that where you live?

Eustacia
05-07-2006, 05:20 PM
Hidden Duality is by far the hardest and best quest I've tried. But I do have one question.

There is an extra dungeon near level 3 you get at with the flute. It has a bunch of those guys you can only hit with arrows and then there's the heart piece at the end. Has blood red tile set.

My question is where is the music from that place from? :)