PDA

View Full Version : I can't change the Cset via + and - !!

Bull Bizard
03-07-2006, 06:56 AM
I'm having great fun with Zelda Classic but I have a problem :
I'm working on an "portable" PC (I don't know if it's the right word) and ther isn't a numerical pad on it...
The "+" and "-" on the letters pad are not working.
It's really bad because I have to draw the sprite with the Cset of overworld and my tileset is not very colorfull... :shakeno:

Please, H.E.L.P. me ! :(

Maybe ther is a way to change that...

Nicholas Steel
03-07-2006, 07:22 AM
zelda classic was only intended for laptops and desktop pc's so sorry i dont think we can help you.

Bull Bizard
03-07-2006, 08:58 AM
Oh... :(
I'm going to be crazy if I have to draw Sprites and Tiles with this problem !
Maybe there is a way for changing the hotkey, no ?
Anyway, thank you Franpa.

koopa
03-07-2006, 03:13 PM
The Zquest program only reacts to a numeric +/-, not the normal ones. Laptops usually have a FN key and FN+something is numeric +. Otherwise you will have to either buy an external numpad or use the on-screen keyboard from windows (start->run, type OSK then enter). Not an elegant solution, but it works.

Bull Bizard
03-08-2006, 04:03 AM
I see. Thank you ! :)

Limzo
03-09-2006, 03:15 PM
The Zquest program only reacts to a numeric +/-, not the normal ones. Laptops usually have a FN key and FN+something is numeric +. Otherwise you will have to either buy an external numpad or use the on-screen keyboard from windows (start->run, type OSK then enter). Not an elegant solution, but it works.

Or, you could press the Num Lock key on your portable pc's keyboard. After that, look at the letter keys on the left, you will see that they probably have numbers on. That is a laptop's numeric keypad. Use these and when you want to type in letters again just press "Num Lock". Hope that solves your problem, Limzo.