PDA

View Full Version : Wait, so what does 'Temporary Secrets' do?

idontknow
03-07-2006, 03:42 AM
So what does the screen flag "Temporary Secrets" do?

All secrets are temporary in dungeons and there's already a temp. trigger combo...maybe this implies that dungeon secrets can now be perminent? Prob. not but i dont know what else.

Or maybe its used with the timed warp tics so that, if checked, the secrets can reset without warping (if the 'cancel' type is disabled)

Both ideas are most likely very wrong! :googly: So what does this screen flag do exactly? (How is it useful?)

Freedom
03-07-2006, 03:51 AM
I haven't tested it yet, but I would think it would make what would normally be a permenant trigger, like in a cave dmap, act as a temp, so you could use other items to trigger other than a temp trigger combo.
I can see that as being very useful already. ;)

An Example is in SwanSong in level 7 where you had to burn the spiders out of your path before you could walk across.
I had to set up temp triggers and then tier the secret combos of the spiders to get that all to work, which was pretty time consuming and a lot of work, with a temp flag it would be straight out burn baby burn.

idontknow
03-07-2006, 06:38 AM
Hmm...interesting idea: What if this screen flag simply toggled between temporary or permenent? It switched whatever the property of the dmap to which that screen is a part of. So if its a cave dmap, then it would make them temporary; if in a dungeon, then it would make secrets permenent. This would help with global triggers, & events. And now that we have a reset room combo type, we still have a means of reverting secret combos to their original state.

jman2050
03-07-2006, 09:03 AM
Making secrets permanent in dungeons won't work under the current system, because dungeons use the secret flag for something else. I could probably change it, but that's not priority right now.

Jigglysaint
03-07-2006, 01:23 PM
Do you mean like for doors and stuff? Whatever that thing is, it needs to be seperated from secret combo triggers.