PDA

View Full Version : Zelda Classic 2.11 Beta 9

jman2050
03-07-2006, 12:18 AM
get it here:

Zelda Classic 2.11 Beta 9 (Full) (http://www.cgi101.com/~jman2050/ZCBeta/zc211b9.zip)

Zelda Classic 2.11 Beta 9b (EXE) (http://www.cgi101.com/~jman2050/ZCBeta/zc211b9b.zip)

Zelda Classic 2.11 Beta 9b for OS X (Full) (http://darknation.armageddongames.net/zc/Zelda%20Classic%202.11%20Beta%209.dmg)

Zelda Classic 2.11 Beta 9b for Linux (Full) (http://www.cgi101.com/~jman2050/ZCBeta/zc211b9b.tar.gz)

The above update fixes the warp icon bug, makes strict midi on by default (hopefully ending the midi bug troubles), and now uses the nifty new windows icons.

2.11 Beta 9 bug log

1. Fixed the bug where inherent block triggers and inherent block holes would cause the game to behave oddly.
2. Fixed the bug where inherent combo flags 16-31 wouldn't trigger when secrets did.
3. Fixed the bug where the optimized ZC froze during gameplay
4. Made save points more sensitive in normal movement.
5. Fixed the bug where fairy flags on top of save points (and other combos such as stairs) causes the combos not to work.
6. Fixed the bug where garbage tiles would appear over Link if he casted a spell while Link Tile Modifiers were in effect.
7. Fixed the a bug that causes ZC to run slower than usual when Vsync is not enabled.
8. New screen flag: Secrets are temporary. Triggering secrets does not set the secret flag for that room.
9. Added frame skipping, though it's buggy at the moment. I kept it in there so people could tell me when and how things got wacky.
10. Improved overall CPU usage across the board. Playing ZC and going into dialogs and such should now cause much less strain on your CPU.
11. Hopefully fixed the bug where Z3-movement Link couldn't pick up items at the right alignment.
12. Fixed the bug that would cause link's warp location in a later warp to be messed up while using cancel warps on a direct warp.
13. Hopefully fixed the bug where garbage combos would appear when reloading some quests and reloading another quest.
14. Made Z3 link more sensitive to certain combo types.
15. Fixed the bug with some enemies not H-flipping.
16. Fixed the bug where invoking overworld map would cause layers to be displayed incorrectly when returning.
17. Added new screen flag and new quest rule: Toggle Diving and No Diving respectively. Basically, No diving makes it impossible to dive in a quest. Toggle diving makes an exception for that screen and allows the opposite of the behavior defined by the quest rule. Or, to make things simpler, for a given screen, if both are checked or unchecked, you can dive. If one is checked and the other isn't, you can't.
18. New quest rule: Allw message bypass. When enabled, press B in a room with strings to automatically display the whole string. Basically an instant version of the fast messages we're used to.
19. New quest rule: No guy poof. Message Guy spawns immediately upon entering screen instead of a poof.
20. I'm personally not having a problem selecting combo aliases past 39. Pressing shift+down arrow should work.
21. Fixed the bug where number of arrows and max arrows is not set correctly via the init menu.
22. Default quests open in ZQ on screen 00. Also, opened quests set the map and screen to the last map and screen defined by the quest.
23. Fixed the bug where raft flags, raft branches, and dive items wouldn't work when used as inherent flags.
24. Fixed the bug where BS Dodongos would not display correctly. (at least I think so)
25. New quest rule: Draw Layer 1/2 below Caves. Makes it so that when you enter or exit a cave, tiles on layer 1 and 2 get drawn under link and the cave tiles.
26. Fixed the bug where copying and moving overlapping tile areas cause the overlap to be cleared.
27 Fixed the bug where you are prompted to change pages twice in the combo editor.
28. Fixed the bug where edited swim tiles in the link sprite dialog wouldn't save. For the record, I believe normmal swimming actually uses the float tiles for that purpose. Can someone confirm that for me since I'm too lazy to do so? :P
29. Added screen specific midis. Select MIDI from the list in the screen data dialog. You can also choose to have no music at all. The default selection for every screen is 'Use DMAP midi'
30. The save format was changed again, so once again, your saves will be wiped

BACK UP YOUR QUESTS OR YOU WILL DIE. THAT IS ALL.

Edit by Dark Nation: Added link for OS X port.

Edit: Added link for Linux port.

Jigglysaint
03-07-2006, 12:21 AM
29....Oh hell yeah!!!!

firefly
03-07-2006, 12:27 AM
GREAT!!! :bouncy:

µ

19. New quest rule: No guy poof. Message Guy spawns immediately upon entering screen instead of a poof.

This could improve cutscenes.

Jigglysaint
03-07-2006, 12:35 AM
Bug: Continue point is disabled. you can't select the icon and place it arround the screen.

idontknow
03-07-2006, 12:37 AM
For the diving/no diving: How about an item that makes it so you always dive? It would be a piece of equipment, perhaps called "Zora Scale"--it could really look like anything anyone wants though and it allows Link to dive in water like he normal does.

Also, check out my other suggestions for beta 10.

SeirraMist
03-07-2006, 12:38 AM
Ah... The sweet smell of a new beta...

Freedom
03-07-2006, 12:38 AM
wow....
I wasn't expecting another release for a while, your eyes must be bleeding.

jman2050
03-07-2006, 12:39 AM
actually, you can select the continue point... thing is, DN moved the continue point and flag icons in the panel. However, we forgot to change the actual buttons themselves. To set the continue point and flag, click where the icon USED to be.

We'll probably release beta 9b or something to fix the more alarming bugs like that one.

EDIT -

wow....
I wasn't expecting another release for a while, your eyes must be bleeding.

You have no idea :P

Sephiroth
03-07-2006, 12:42 AM
jman2050.. you are a god.. It's about damn time I seen ZC get screen-specific MIDI. >_>

Questwizard88
03-07-2006, 12:54 AM
Nothing more than a minor inconsistency, but the version in the header when a new quest is created shows as 2.11 (6) until you save it, then it switches to 2.11 (9) afterwards.

cbailey78
03-07-2006, 01:36 AM
In the next beta, why don't we have a level color in a screen data just like you put in the midi in the screen data! It would be cool!

skateboarder11
03-07-2006, 03:17 AM
17. Added new screen flag and new quest rule: Toggle Diving and No Diving respectively. Basically, No diving makes it impossible to dive in a quest. Toggle diving makes an exception for that screen and allows the opposite of the behavior defined by the quest rule. Or, to make things simpler, for a given screen, if both are checked or unchecked, you can dive. If one is checked and the other isn't, you can't.

My lifelong dream of contributing to ZC is complete! =P

Good fixes and additions here, jman. Now all we need are screen-independent alternate music. :P

Freedom
03-07-2006, 03:28 AM
Good fixes and additions here, jman. Now all we need are screen-independent alternate music. :P
and about a half dozen screen-independent sfx sounds.

idontknow
03-07-2006, 03:31 AM
and screen dependent palletes

KJAZZ
03-07-2006, 07:09 AM
#29... o_O

Damn. You guys really are going at it. Yet another of the most asked for things has finally been implemented. :O

Hell, I wouldn't be suprised at all if the next beta had an enemy editor.. ;P

jman2050
03-07-2006, 09:35 AM
Beta 9b is out. Just fixes some very minor problems.

ShadowTiger
03-07-2006, 10:11 AM
18. New quest rule: Allw message bypass. When enabled, press B in a room with strings to automatically display the whole string. Basically an instant version of the fast messages we're used to.
19. New quest rule: No guy poof. Message Guy spawns immediately upon entering screen instead of a poof.You honestly have no idea how happy that makes me! ^o^ ... However! There are some screens where there is a guy who we should NOT be able to do this with! Some people like to time their cutscenes! If you can skip by all the text on a screen, then you'll basically be waiting there the whole time. Even worse, if someone has timed a specific part of a Midi with some parts of the string, (Such as the end of my UCoL Demo 1, where after you get the Master Sword, Link warps away, leaving you with a scene where Ganondorf's (Presumably.) eyes appear on the screen, and he Taunts Link and reveals his plans, and the last string is, "AND WATCH OUT ZELDA, FOR I'M COMING FOR YOU!" >:-] .. and stuff, .. .. and that last string is timed with the extremely dramatic ending of the particular midi I'm using. Thus, if the music is mistimed, you'll ... well, ... it'll sound really weird, then you'll have to wait, then suddenly you'll hear this dramatic note for no apparent reason, heheh.. ...

So maybe a screen flag "No Skip/Fast Text" is in order? Skip, nor accelerate.

Petoe
03-07-2006, 10:31 AM
jman, you're the man! You make us quest developers so damn happy! ^_^
At this pace, many new betas will be released in a short time and soon it should be bugfree enough that people can safely build quests on 2.11. Yay!

It's testing time...

jman2050
03-07-2006, 11:05 AM
Redownload beta 9b, as it now contains a fix for the garbage combo bug.

Questwizard88
03-07-2006, 11:20 AM
Looks like that may have done the trick. I repeated the same process as I mentioned in the bug reports, and got no garbage this time. At least that annoyance is gone now (hopefully). Thanks.

Dark Nation
03-07-2006, 11:44 AM
Just added the OS X port to the first post of this thread.

ZTC
03-07-2006, 12:28 PM
wow, I'll be trying this today
excellent job and kudos to all of the devs

Cloral
03-07-2006, 01:26 PM
8. New screen flag: Secrets are temporary. Triggering secrets does not set the secret flag for that room.
Nice! Now all we need is the compliment - a flag that makes secrets permanent on a given screen - and we'll be able to do whatever we want with secrets.

Stungun
03-07-2006, 07:25 PM
Well, that seemed to have solved my CPU usage problem. Cut down the CPU usage from 99% to ~10-22%.

ZQ still lingers around indefinitly as a tiny window after being quit, tho. ZC lingers too, but only for one second.

ZC still has some occasional times where it doesn't respond to keypresses, but it's not bad. and finally, True Arrows is working for me.

idontknow
03-07-2006, 07:36 PM
Nice! Now all we need is the compliment - a flag that makes secrets permanent on a given screen - and we'll be able to do whatever we want with secrets.

This screen flag applies to only cave & overworld dmaps where secrets are not temporary, but it does nothing on dungeons where secrets are temporary anyway. Well...what if, like the 'diving toggle' screen flag, this screen flag was instead changed to "Toggle Secrets--Perm/Temp"?

It basically makes takes the opposite effect of what the dmap the screen belongs to is. So on overworld screens, this screen flag would make secrets temporary (as it currently does) and for dungeons, it would make secrets perminent? Seems like an easy enough solution.

jman2050
03-08-2006, 12:59 AM
I'm having several problems with the linux build, so you might have to wait a few days for that.

jman2050
03-09-2006, 09:01 AM
ZC Beta 9b Linux is out. You might need to install Allegro yourself for it to work, though that probably won't be neccesary. There might be some issues though, so be wary about using it. Just extract into a directory and run it from there, and it should work. Sorry, but no DEB packages or the like, I'm not familiar enough with those to make them :P

Love For Fire
03-09-2006, 11:55 PM
The OS X version doesn't seem to work... I have OS X 10.4.5, and ZC can't load the 211test quest. I tried opening Zquest, and got stuck in an infinite loop of errors reading tiles and something else and I was forced to restart my computer. Hopefully this will be fixed, I'd love to be able to work on this with my Mac.

xXVolvagiaXx
03-10-2006, 02:08 PM
Congrats on new Beta9 release. It'd be knida cool to have a MIDI fade in/out when you enter a new area....like in Lttp. The MIDI fades into a new one.

vegeta1215
03-15-2006, 02:05 PM
Tried the Linux port briefly. Runs nicely except the "play area" is shifted off the screen slightly, and I have no sound. I am running Mandriva Linux 2006. Let me know what I can do.

texasdex
03-20-2006, 11:53 AM
Glad to finally have a Linux port (I might have missed one or two before, but I checked again and found this).

Ditto vegata on the screen-shift thing. It looks like the display area is shifted a few pixels up and to the left, leaving a noticeable black stripe in the bottom and right sides. Also: no sound, but ZC linux sound has never worked for me so I dunno.

Strangler
04-09-2006, 06:08 PM
it keeps saying I need alleg42.dll

Nicholas Steel
04-09-2006, 10:50 PM
did you download 2.11 beta 9 and 2.11 beta 9b? or just 2.11 beta 9b?