PDA

View Full Version : Making objects appear once WITHOUT flags, warps, or cutscenes!

Nimono
03-06-2006, 07:01 PM
I'd like to make an area on my quests where you see something fall from the "sky" in the "background" (the whole quest is Side-view (except for special Arenas that you can earn items in), so there's a background). However, even if I use combo cycling, the object will keep "falling" everytime you go to the screen it's on. I'm not going to use Boss Flags, since that just wouldn't be right. So, I'd like to know if there's a way to make this screen WITHOUT using warps, Boss Flags, or making the screen a cutscene. If not, I'll just use warps, even though it means making a replica of the Arena in the area the object appears in, and the screen right before it.

firefly
03-06-2006, 08:33 PM
Use Perm. Triggers (combo), and Combo Cycling.
Set the "Falling Sky tiles" to flags 16-31 and place them on the place you want to make the 'thing from the sky fall', then place a Trigger Permanent as a normal floor tile, when the player steps on the trigger, the thing from the sky will fall.

Nimono
03-06-2006, 08:45 PM
Use Perm. Triggers (combo), and Combo Cycling.
Set the "Falling Sky tiles" to flags 16-31 and place them on the place you want to make the 'thing from the sky fall', then place a Trigger Permanent as a normal floor tile, when the player steps on the trigger, the thing from the sky will fall.
Actually, I want to have the thing fall THE MOMENT YOU ENTER THE SCREEN. I guess I should've said that... See, the way I have it planned, you can let the thing fall without moving. With the trigger combos, you'd have to move. Maybe I can switch your idea around by making the object fall, THEN you step on the trigger combo on your way off the screen, triggering secrets that stop the object from falling again. But.... won't the secrets be re-triggered (or seem like they are) when youi re-enter the screen? (OH, and the object is a meteor, by the way. My plan with that is to have it appear in the desert, where you are. You see it fall. A few screens to the right, and you've found its crash site. Then I might put a cutscene there....)