PDA

View Full Version : End of Time by Pineconn stuff -yeah, IGNORE ME!

Red Afro
03-06-2006, 03:11 PM
Ok, this will probably be ignored vehemently, but O well.

I'm playing End of Time by Pineconn right now and am stuck. Can't find the blasted wand and I'm close to putting the game down for good, but I thought I would try asking someone first. I bombed a dark block near stage 4 with an arrow pointing to it, and the dark block just turned light. Nothing else happened. WTF? Anyhow...

I like the quest thusfar. It's a simple and fun one. It's simple because you can't explore the overworld until you get the right items. It's fun because it's different, original, and not mind bogglingly hard. Hey, I gotta work all day, I want something simple to space out with in the evening, not a freeking marathon-bloodbath-brainteaser.

And yeah for LOZ tileset games. Come on guys, this is the tileset that started it all. It's easy to use, and still has plenty of flexability.

So why not open up a can of LOZ today?

Pineconn
03-07-2006, 04:49 PM
Lol, that dark block is a complete red herring. I admit, it's stupid, and it's one of the dumb things that won't make it into the remake (like the sand conveyors and the pay for door damage room near the start).

DELETED FOR SPOILER REASONS.

Red Afro
03-08-2006, 01:00 AM
Eghh... ouu... 8th level? Maybe I've been unclear. I'm at level 4 and can't go any further because there is a magic wand block keeping me from getting the key I need to enter the rest of the stage. The only stages I've found or which seem to be accesable to me at this time are 1-4 and the under lake stage (which I dig, cool touch that). But anything beyond 4, and in fact 4 it self, is pretty much inaccessable to me. So... what am I missing? Don't have hammer... don't have fins... and can't seem to find any other dungens or entrences to the rest of the overworld.

Thanks for answerin' man. Hehehe... it seems like my posts don't get answered so I was letting some bitterness out in the title. Great to hear from ya though.

Pineconn
03-08-2006, 08:59 PM
:laughing: lol :laughing:

Heh, since the wand is in Level 8, I assumed that's what you meant! :D

That block isn't broken with the wand. Instead, you need the Magic Boomerang. (The shape on the object is a boomerang with sparkles.) The Magic Boomerang is found one screen north and one screen east of the entrance to Level 3 in the graveyard. Try pushing a gravestone.

What a misunderstanding. ;)

drkptrs1975
03-09-2006, 06:51 PM
I can't get pass Level 2, where are the boots at, the spikes are killing me.

firefly
03-09-2006, 06:59 PM
DELETED FOR SPOILER REASONS.

Instead of deleting them, why don't you use:
-=SPOILER=-
()

Pineconn
03-09-2006, 07:36 PM
If this is going to form into a discussion topic, post in this URL to prevent multiple threads for the same thing. (http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showthread.php?t=89141&page=7)

@drkptrs1975: The boots are in... Level 7. :rolleyes: Just keep at it: you'll get past the spikes eventually.

-=SPOILER=-

dafeedil
03-17-2006, 01:08 PM
I haven't found the boomerang in level one...can I get a hint? thanks!

never mind

Pineconn
03-17-2006, 04:39 PM
Please post any questions HERE (http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showthread.php?t=89141&page=7). I will help you there.

Mad Steve
03-17-2006, 06:28 PM
I'm sorry, but there is literally NO way to get past the first six-screen area without going into the quest editor and giving yourself the candle or ladder from the start. And DON'T suggest that I try bombing that desert tile in the middle of the small rock formation one screen left of the starting point, because I've already tried it, and it does not work. Ever. So why don't I use any of my other items? Because I don't have any other items. The only things available are arrows (with no bow), bombs, a few Octoroks, and an old guy who forks over 20 Rupees because he feels like it. That's all there is.

I'm sure that this is a very nice, expansive quest, but next time, do you think you could make it possible to get past the first area without using the quest editor?

Pineconn
03-17-2006, 07:03 PM
a) POST HERE! (http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showthread.php?t=89141&page=7)

b) That tile you bombed should not be bombed. It's used for something else.

c) Try slashing a small bush. That will open a passageway, giving you the candle.

d) I said to post here 2 times. (http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showthread.php?t=89141&page=7)

I'm sure that this is a very nice, expansive quest, but next time, do you think you could make it possible to get past the first area without using the quest editor?

e) You don't HAVE to. No one else had to.

No offense, but you shouldn't assume that it's impossible to beat the quest just because you're stuck. I guarantee you, my quest does not have a bug so that you cannot continue. You did the same thing to Dan Furst's The 12 Palaces in the Palace of Mysteries when you had to push the block onto the wall. You thought it was impossible to beat, and to everyone who said they beat it you called liars. (Does that sentance make sense? :rolleyes: ) But there was a way. Anyway, look for a slightly different bush. Slash it, and you'll get the candle. Use the candle on a screen with a line of those different bushes to get to Level 1.

Please post HERE (http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showthread.php?t=89141&page=7) from now on.

dafeedil
03-18-2006, 08:55 AM
Ok, so far I'm really enjoying this quest. I'm trying to get into level 4, but can't get past the rocks blocking the 2nd room. Did I miss something? Also, to the right of lvl 4, there's an arrow pointing up into the mountain, I bombed there and it made a little music sound like I did something, but couldn't go up. Should I have super bombed there? Anyway, if I could just get a hint as to what to do at the beginning of lvl. 4, I'd appreciate it. Thanks! :)

Please forget this post, I should have read above....gotta go find the magic boomerang....sorry...duh

No, don't forget this post, I still can't figure out how to get into level 4. Can I have some help? I think I might have found a little glitch in your game, cuz I was just able to get the lens of truth. Above lvl. 1 if you go west then north and come to the pushable rock, I pushed it up and couldn't go anywhere because that block was was just meant to be pushed down..anyway, I pushed that block up twice, pushed the spacebar for the map, went back to the game screen and I was above the rock, so I was able to get to the underground and then the lens of truth. Did you know that?

Anyway, I don't know what to do to get into level 4. Thanks!!

Pineconn
03-18-2006, 01:26 PM
I've said this 4 times already.

I won't answer your question unless you post it here (http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showthread.php?t=89141&page=7).

It's not you, I just don't want this thread to become an unofficial help thread when there is already an official one. :shrug: Just copy your above post and re-post it in the URL above. (At least your post count goes up! ^_^ ) Sorry about any inconviences (BTW, I don't hate you ;) ).

Toe-Knee
10-31-2007, 09:55 PM
Hey Pineconn, I have a question about level 4 but the link you posted to http://www.armageddongames.net/showthread.php?t=89141&page=7 doesn't work anymore and leads me to an invalid page.

*edit* Ignore what I just said, found the link through your sig instead.

Ok I'll post question there if I have any problems ok :)