PDA

View Full Version : The flu.

moocow
03-06-2006, 11:22 AM
I've had it twice in the past two weeks, and now I have this really horrible cough that is giving me a migraine and keeping me from sleep. Has anyone else been really sick lately? HOW DO YOU GET IT TO GO AWAY?!

vegeta1215
03-06-2006, 02:21 PM
Sorry that you're sick again :( I haven't been sick in a while, but whenever I do get sick I drink a lot of water and juices, and eat a little healthier than normal. I know it sounds cliche, but it helps a good bit.

Dark Knight
03-06-2006, 02:39 PM
Well, I've had the flu once this season and usualy it goes away on its own in about 3 or 4 days, but, recently I've aquired an Upper Respritory Infection(fucking Singulair). Requires a steroid shot to the ass to get rid of. But yeah, like vegeta said, drink plenty of water, juices, etc, anything to keep you hydrated. Juices for the vitamins in them. The broth from soups can help open you up as well. If you have one, a humidifier is also good, if you don't, Vicks Vapor rub works just as well. It'll relieve your sinus and chest congestion for a good while. You might also try thera-flu, despite it's god awful taste.

I'd also suggest plenty of bed rest but you've got to work so basicaly get plenty of rest whenever you can. If all else fails, you could go to the doctor and get anti-biotics.

moocow
03-06-2006, 03:02 PM
Well, I'm giving this horrendous cough another day to calm itself down, then I'm going to have to go to the doctor because it is just WAY to hard to work, take care of a child and sleep with this fucker.

Beldaran
03-06-2006, 03:16 PM
You should go to the doctor asap. I had a similar "flu" it turned out that I needed lots of antibiotics. Once I started taking them, it went away quickly.

ZTC
03-06-2006, 03:17 PM
I know what it's like to be sick on and off like that; I have to actually eat healthy, drink plenty of fluids, and hope the fucker that gave me this shit is a lot more miserable than I am right now.

You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

ctrl-alt-delete
03-06-2006, 03:50 PM
I saw on the news a couple of days ago that there was something going around that was very similar to the flu, but completely different and needed to be treated with antibiotics because it was not a virus. You should go to the doctor...

or we could make sweet love. I hear having sex with me cures all.

koopa
03-06-2006, 04:28 PM
I usually get the flu or a bad cold 2-3 times each winter, and afterwards I tend to get a cough that lasts for weeks. Thankfully I'm ok at the moment, but I seriously could do with a way of preventing it myself. What I usually do is drink lots of hot tea, it doesn't work all that well though.

Hope you get well soon, is all I can say.

MacWeirdo42
03-06-2006, 05:00 PM
Bah, there's a horrible flu going around on-campus here. I'm so glad I live a couple of blocks off-campus, away from the epicenter of it all. I just try to avoid going to class at all anymore these days if I can help it. Unfortunately, a friend of mine got hit by said flu pretty badly, and she lives about as far away from campus as I do, but she's getting better.

Heh, then there was the Winter of '03 flu... My God, I was bed-ridden for a week, and it was the week before finals, so there was a lot of studying that I wasn't getting done.

You have my sympathies, and I hope you get better soon!

moocow
03-06-2006, 05:16 PM
I haven't been this sick since I had mono my senior year.

Yeah, this "flu" or whatever it is has circulated through work a couple of times. Now, Nick (the one who started it) and I are the only ones still sick. He's been to the doctor. I've been to the doctor for other reasons, and would have mentioned my sickness, but I was there during the 4 or so days that I felt okay, the daya fter my appointment I was sick again.

I'll keep what you said in mind, Beld, and have my mom make an appointment for me (it's hard to make appointments myself because I work all day, bah!)

ZomfgIts0rzlolo
03-06-2006, 06:09 PM
Yeah, I thought I had the flu, turned out I had a respiratory infection that required a very powerful one time medication. Worked great, I felt fine within a day, though I still do have a really bad cough. a LOT of people I know have this, so you do probably want to see a doctor.