PDA

View Full Version : A suggestion regarding step combos

idontknow
03-06-2006, 07:49 AM
If you have consecutive step combos [or any variation of, such as step->next (copy)], then the first one will work when stepped on or activated as a copycat, however, it will not work again. In other words, each step combo can be activated once.

I set it up like so:

Combos A, B, & C...all in a row from left to right.
A) A step->next combo
B) A step->(copycat combo)
C) A "Reset Room" combo

On the screen i put down all Step->Next combos (A's)
What SHOULD happen (but doesn't) is that when you step on a step->next combo (A), it changes to the copycat combo (B) and then when you get off of it and step on another space, which is surrounded by more step->next combos, that copycat combo changes to the room reset combo. In other words, what should happen is you need to step on all spaces (in any order), without stepping on any space, leaving it, and then stepping back onto it (so without crossing your path)

What stepping on all step->next combos should do is make it so that a door opens. The closed door is also made up of step->next (copycat) combos. Lets say there's 20 spaces to walk over. I simply have 19 identical closed door combos, each with the step->next copycat type. The 20th one is the open door (with the default type). However, when you step on 20 different step->next combos, you still have a closed door. This seems like its because that first close door will go to the 2nd, but the 2nd will NOT go to the 3rd (in other words, you can't have multiple tiers for step combos)

This would be great for puzzles. HOWEVER, it does not seem to work this way when it definately should. So, i think a quest rule should be available so that step combos (and variations of it) can be activated multiple times in a single space.

Likewise, a quest rule similar to "Linked Combos", except the opposite. It requires you to be all the way on a Step combo before it changes to the next combo in the list. Like you wouldn't wanna be halfway on a space for footprints to appear, otherwise they'd probably appear above you so you'd want the combo to require you to be all the way on it.

jman2050
03-06-2006, 09:05 AM
Copycat step->next only gets activated by a step->next all combo.

idontknow
03-06-2006, 12:16 PM
oh really? hmm....interesting to know...well perhaps there should be another combo that activates all 'step->next' combos but that combo itself, not all copies of that change together.