PDA

View Full Version : Zelda Classic Quest Three

fred91
03-04-2006, 07:26 PM
This is pretty tough! Does anyone know if there's a walkthrough for quest 3? TIA.

fred91

Kingboo30
03-04-2006, 08:16 PM
Hmm...well about awhile ago Alphadawg had walkthroughs for his quests on his site. But the site went down quite awhile ago (I think 5 monthes.) and hasn't been seen for 3 years....

I don't think any exist anymore. Unless there's a backup of his site somewhere.

fred91
03-04-2006, 09:08 PM
Thanks for the quick response. I think I found Alphadawg here:
http://www.casadealphadawg.com/

But the links don't go where you'd expect. Almost!!

thanks again.

Gerber
03-05-2006, 12:54 AM
GAHGHGH

Someone please tell mew how I can get silver arrow in this quest,
it's the only thing I can't get!

fred91
03-05-2006, 02:00 PM
Gerber,

You wouldn't like to share your notes, would you? I still haven't found level one!

Nimono
03-05-2006, 02:02 PM
Gerber,

You wouldn't like to share your notes, would you? I still haven't found level one!
In 3rd quest? Level 1 is a few screens to the left of the start. I found it, but it's a little bit hard.

fred91
03-05-2006, 02:36 PM
Thanks, I found level one right after my last post! And, you're right I'm getting killed.

Nimono
03-05-2006, 02:40 PM
Thanks, I found level one right after my last post! And, you're right I'm getting killed.
Well, what would you expect from a 3rd Quest? The 2nd Quest is harder than the 1st, so it's no surprise that the 3rd is much harder than both.

LinkMaster500
03-05-2006, 03:57 PM
As for the silver arrow, you need to push a block in a room with two rows of blocks and some Keese. This passage will put you on the right way to eventually getting the silver arrow.

Gerber
03-06-2006, 02:13 AM
Well... I could have sworn I checked in that room a gazillion times. I'll check it if I ever play it again. I had a similar problem with finding the power bracelet, but eventually figured it out when I double checked a place where it was hidden.

There's one thing irritates me about this game, especially in the the later levels. That thing is all the rooms that are just claustrophobic halls completely lined with bullet spewing statues and packed with a large number of enemies. That is just a survival match and not a skill match for the most part.

Other than that I love the challenge that the game provivided. Some sequences left me giving up. I especially love the sections of levels that force you to play without a sword and leave you wondering how to kill some of the enemies. Another good moment was level 2. Killing that gleeock with weak Link was one the hardest parts for me in that game, and it made me regret not buying the blue ring as early as I could have. Some of the levels are pretty tough to find, but level 9 was easier than I thought it would be. There's also a lot of that old men who charge you for door repair charge, which kind of made me mad because it had me getting afraid of entering some of the hidden entrances. I also despise those jerks in the labrynths who ask for your money or your life, they should just not exist-- well the ones who trap in the room or send you back to the start anyway.

I've also been trapped without escape a few times in this game, once in level 3 and again in level 6. In level three there is a room that you walk through the wall into but can't walk back out of. It was kind of stupid on my part really because I pushed a block the wrong way, leaving me trapped inside the room. (I later discovered that I could bomb through the walls in the room, but I didn't have bombs at the time). In the level 6 incident, I had dispatched all of the enemies in a certain area of three rooms and needed a key to escape, but I did not have one, and I feel a key should have been given in that area of the level.

Oh and theres a weird glitch in the game. Somehow I drained all the water in the game, as the lakes would do when the recorder would be played. I don't exactly remember how, but I think I tooted in one room and it changed colour, but did not enter the passage that opened on the screen and instead just walked away and when I eventually got to the a room with water, I discovered the whole sea had rolled back.

fred91
03-07-2006, 07:27 PM
I'm probably giving up early but, can you guys give me a hint to where the White Sword, Power bracelet and Old Lady letter are? Are the on top like the first 2 quests or in one of the levels? I've completed level one and I'd like to upgrade my sword before I move on but all I seem to find are door charges! I can't believe how many there are. TIA.

fred91
03-07-2006, 07:42 PM
I just found the bracelet! Yeah!

LinkMaster500
03-07-2006, 08:43 PM
You need the raft to get the Letter, and the White Sword is where Level 2 was in the First Quest.

fred91, one other thing: Please do not double post. If you need to edit something you said in a posting, please use the edit button.

revcort
03-08-2006, 01:49 AM
Hey Fred, where is that bracelet man?

I'll tell everyone some of the things I've found in ALPHA Quest- AKA, Quest 3 in Zelda Classic 2.10:

The WHITE SWORD is just above the pond where level two was on the first quest. You have to bomb the wall above the pond toward the center, I lucked up and found that tonight.

Level One entrance is 3 screens left of where you start.

Level Two entrance is 2 screens to the right of where level two entrance was in quest one. You have to move the statue on the right.

The Blue Ring is in the waterfall.

Bomb Spectacle Rock for 100 coins. (spectacle rock is where level 9 was in quest 1)

By the way, here's a trick for avoiding door repair charges: when you walk into the room and he starts to say, "Pay me for the door repair..." Just click on your mouse, click game, the click quit. It will ask if you want to quit the current game- say "yes" and then click continue. You'll still have all your money when you start again. (only drawback is you'll have to make a trip to a fairy to regain full strength)

LinkMaster500
03-08-2006, 09:57 AM
As for the bracelet look in the screen south of the SW corner of the graveyard.

Regarding the "door repair" trick, keep in mind that the strings used for door repairs will vary from quest to quest, and you can have multiple messages for door repairs in the same quest. But in this Third Quest, that trick will certainly work.

fred91
03-08-2006, 08:08 PM
Thanks for the help everybody.

revcort, did you find the bracelet? After you get out of the lost forest, go up 1 screen. This put you 1 screen south of the grave yard with the Red Lynels. Bomb the 5th block from the left on the top of the screen.

LinkMaster500, I'm not sure what you mean by double posting. Is it becasue I posted 2 times without a response from some one first? I won't do that again, sorry.

LinkMaster500
03-08-2006, 09:48 PM
Yes, double posting means posting a response to your own posting. So if you made the most recent post in a thread and want to edit it, please use the Edit button.

fred91: Good luck in beating that quest, and I hope you enjoy Zelda Classic in general.

gryxzl
04-14-2006, 07:24 PM
I'm playing through AlphaDawg's quest now and will include a walkthrough (complete w/ maps) once I'm through. I've also got copies of ZC all the way back to the original, and some VERY OLD quests... (Some of the designers were psychotic, and the quests border on insanely difficult...)

the_texas_teacu
04-16-2006, 11:08 PM
alphadawg's page is here
http://host05.ipowerweb.com/~alphadaw/zc/o3q/index.html

good luck with the quest.

fred91
05-21-2006, 03:48 PM
Thanks the_texas_teacu, this is a BIG help. But, have you found level 5 or is there a trick to get there? It's obviously in the lost woods and I've burned all of the first 5 or six bushes. I've even tried staying lost and burning the bush after arriving from different directions. I wonder if the location might have changed after he posted the info. Has anyone found level 5? TIA.

LinkMaster500
05-23-2006, 08:37 PM
You have to blow the Whistle in the Lost Woods Screen.

spatter9999
06-03-2006, 05:41 PM
At the end of level 7, you enter a room of blue sword-returners. Then you take a staircase passageway to a room full of red sword-stealers. This room contains blocks, forcing you to spriral through the room from the center to get to the door (which takes you to the boss, a 4-headed Gleeok). It is impossible (for me at least) to get out the door without getting my sword stolen.

Is it possible to kill the Gleeok without a sword? And if not, how do you get past all the red nasty guys?

LinkMaster500
06-03-2006, 08:18 PM
Have you found the Wand yet? It is in Level 7, and you can use that to fight the Gleeok. You'll get the sword back when you grab the Triforce. Also, if you drink a potion, you will get your sword back.

There might be a way to make it past those Red Bubbles, but I don't think it's worth your while to try.

spatter9999
06-04-2006, 02:59 AM
Yes, I have the wand. I could have sworn I tried it unsuccessfully. Thanks for the tip about the potion. I've been playing this game for 20 years now and I had no idea that potion restores your sword.

I'll give it another go.

By the way, I'm really loving this quest. I'm new to Zelda Classic and I like this quest in particular because it is very much like the original. Are there any other recommended quests that stay true to the original Zelda conventions?

LinkMaster500
06-04-2006, 10:31 AM
With the Wand, I think you have to go right to Gleeok's heads and use it. You can't hurt it with the flames.

When you say "original Zelda conventions," what exactly do you mean. Do you mean quests with the classic tileset, quests that use the exact same overworld as the original First and Second Quests, quests that just have one overworld and nine dungeons, or something else?

spatter9999
06-04-2006, 08:33 PM
Basically what I like best is the original Zelda tileset. And by original conventions, I mean... 9 dungeons and an overworld (which I perfer to be different from the original). Also little things like, in a dungeon, if there is a pushable block, I prefer for it to be the leftmost block in the center row, which seems to be standard in Quests 1 and 2. I hate having to walk around pushing other blocks.

I also kinda dislike having to burn every bush looking for secrets. It's okay for a money secret to be hidden in an obscure place, but things like the power bracelet and master sword should have clues to their whereabouts.

I guess that generally, a prefer a good puzzle over incredibly difficult dungeon rooms with lots of monsters. I like the puzzle to make me thing, rather than just having to burn EVERY bush and bomb EVERY wall.

Any quests meet those rigorous qualifications? I'm drawing out ideas for a quest of my own, based on the conventions above. Is there high demand for that here, or does everybody want fancy new stuff and new graphics?

LinkMaster500
06-04-2006, 09:33 PM
If you're looking for just the basic Zelda conventions and game play (same graphics, one overworld and nine dungeons), you could try these quests.

1. AlphaDawg's Unofficial Third Quest--Made by the same person as the Official Third Quest that I just helped you with. This quest uses a different overworld map, and it has about 3 extra caves in addition to the nine dungeons.

2. BC_1st--This quest uses the exact overworld as the original Quests, but keep in mind that I have yet to beat it.

3. DigiPro31279's 4th Quest
4. Return to Hyrule--Has two mini-dungeons and uses Heart Container Pieces

I don't think these have very many puzzles, if any at all. These quests still very much play like the regular Zelda First and Second Quests, where you have to bomb walls, burn bushes, fight enemies etc.. But there might be other people out there who could offer further suggestions. I am working on a quest myself where there are puzzles to dungeons that you have to think and figure out to reach the Triforce. I also have clue rooms that provide hints on how to solve them. I don't want to give examples because then I would give answers away. Regarding the pushable blocks, any block in a room can be given that flag, so this should serve as a reminder that you need to try to push every block in every room. Don't rely on the leftmost block being the one to push.

As far as graphics, many ZC gamers today want sophisticated graphics, but if you are making a quest for the first time, you might want to start with something simple just so you get the basics of quest-making.

Rockies Rookie
06-23-2006, 04:06 PM
With all the hints I still cannot find the white sword or the bracelet. You shouldn't even ask how many bombs I've used.......................

Okay got the white sword, but need the bracelet, would make life sweet:)

What items will I get in LV2????

LinkMaster500
06-23-2006, 07:37 PM
You will get the Bow in Level 2. As for the Bracelet, bomb a wall one screen south of the SW corner of the graveyard. It's also the screen north of where you come out of the Lost Woods.

Rockies Rookie
06-24-2006, 01:37 PM
:( I have bombed every wall there three times (now 6) . You do mean down in the desert area just below the graveyard. Bombed it all.

Okay think you're taling about another place. Am in the lost woods now, and lost,
Any hints will do me well............... or send me a PM Please............................

Zelda_Warrior
06-24-2006, 02:15 PM
I was playing this quest a long time ago, and I gave up because I the peahats in a room in the first dungeon would land so i couldnt kill them, maybe ill re-download it and try again, I gave up too easy

Rockies Rookie
06-24-2006, 05:43 PM
Yup yah did.............Look at it as a challenge Warrior...

About this lost forest. Is there an outlet on the west side of it in order to reach a new area beyond????????????
And what all should I have gotten in LV1?????????? (just to make sure I got everything.

Where do I buy arrows and keys?????

LinkMaster500
06-24-2006, 07:23 PM
Zelda Warrior: I think you're referring to AlphaDawg's Unofficial Third Quest and not the Official Third Quest when you refer to Peahats in the first dungeon.

Rockies Rookie:

The Lost Woods Path is North, West, South, West--just like in the original Zelda. When you complete this path, you will hear the secret chime and end up in a screen with Peahats and Red and Blue Lynels. Go north and you'll end up in a screen with a gray floor and Red Lynels. That's where you bomb a certain space on the wall to reveal the cave where the Bracelet is.

I'm assuming that you're playing the Official Third Quest by AlphaDawg--the one you access by entering ALPHA as your name on the registration screen. Is that the quest you're working on? This thread was about that quest, so that's what I'm thinking.

Rockies Rookie
06-25-2006, 08:49 AM
I'm in the same one as Zelda Warrior, so will go back and delete game and put in ALPHA, then I'll be on the right track.

LinkMaster500
06-25-2006, 09:05 AM
You must have been playing the Unofficial Third Quest--which uses a different overworld map and different music from the regular Zelda quests. That was why you couldn't find the Bracelet. But if you want to find the Bracelet in the Unofficial Quest, just go to the bottom right corner of the overworld, and go left a few screens until you get to a cave. Then work through this mini-dungeon and the Bracelet is yours. Be careful because you will have to deal with Peahats, Lynels, and falling rocks.

I read the title of this thread as "Zelda Classic Quest Three," and I presumed it dealt with the Official Third Quest. Plus that was the quest, all the other questions were about. AlphaDawg should have given his other quest a different name. If you need help with the Unofficial Third Quest, you should probably start another thread on the forums.

Rockies Rookie
06-25-2006, 11:26 AM
oKAY ON the right track with ALPHA. Can you give me a hint as to whee the letter is>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

and maybe at leaset one HC, and I'll quit getting mauled

LinkMaster500
06-25-2006, 02:04 PM
You cannot get the Letter until you have the Raft, which is found in Level 5. Once you get the Raft, take the dock to the screen where Level 4 was in the First Quest.

How many Heart Containers have you gotten so far?

As far as getting mauled, remember that this is a very difficult quest, even harder than the Second Quest.

Gunslinger
06-25-2006, 03:42 PM
You cannot get the Letter until you have the Raft, which is found in Level 5. Once you get the Raft, take the dock to the screen where Level 4 was in the First Quest.

You can get the letter after level 4 (in the third quest). After getting that triforce piece, you'll be able to whistle warp to the island that was level 4 on the first quest. Even if you don't have the raft, you can still raft south from the island when you're finished.

Rockies Rookie
06-25-2006, 07:16 PM
Thanks LM500 and gunslinger. I have 4 now, found one over bridge west of start. If you want to let me know where another is, would be appreciated, Can you give me a hint on where the second sword is, I got the bracelet.
Found sword, can't get it yet.

Finished LV1 but haven't found the boomerrang
Diod I miss something???
All I found was the book

LinkMaster500
06-26-2006, 12:20 AM
I didn't know about being able to get the Letter before the Raft. Thanks gunslinger for pointing that out. I guess the Whirlwind can warp you there once you get the Triforce piece.

For the White Sword bomb a wall on the screen where Level 2 is in the First Quest.

The Boomerang in this quest is not in Level 1. You'll have to wait until Level 3 to get it. You do not need any items from Levels 1 or 2 to get it though, but beware that it is guarded by Blue Darknuts. I guess AlphaDawg designed this quest such that the player has to wait until later in the game to get the Boomerangs.

As far as helping with Heart Containers, would you like me to give you exact screens or just general areas of where to look?

Rockies Rookie
06-26-2006, 12:31 AM
Alphadawg is ruthless!!!

I do have 6 HC now, one of the 2 I found I got I think right below ferry to left of start. Hubby got one I beleive up along top wall along the way to LV4.
This is great, played the original Zelda in 86', one thing though, back then we had to wait till the next issue of Nintendo mag. to get any hints. BAHAHAH
Got the white sword, bow, book, ,,, still have to finish LV2, but think I'll skip on over to 3, really need the boomerrang, getting kinda mauled, but not to bad since I have a few more HC's. Thanks LM500

Okay, been to LV3. Just want to know one thing. Been up and left and down,and it took me several times to get through . wound up through passage and to 3 dondongo's (didn't have any bombs, after the Darknuts) .
My ? is , is the boomerrang in this generala direction????????

LinkMaster500
06-26-2006, 10:40 AM
As I said before, you will have to fight some Blue Darknuts to get the Boomerang in Level 3. This room also has four corner stone statues.

When you complete Level 2, you could skip Level 3 and do Level 4, which is easier enemy-wise. Level 4 has Stalfos, Ropes, and Goriyas in it, while in Level 3, the only enemies likely to give you trouble are the Blue Darknuts. They require four hits with the White Sword, compared to only two for their red counterparts.

Also, do you remember where the Letter was in the Second Quest? You can get another Heart Container in the screen left of that.

Rockies Rookie
06-26-2006, 12:38 PM
No I don't remember where the letter was in 2. Old brain, poor memory.Just send me PM

But, my other ? was, am I going in the right direction for the boomerrang???

LinkMaster500
06-26-2006, 01:43 PM
Have you found Level 3 yet? If not, look in the graveyard.

You have to defeat six Blue Darknuts to get the Boomerang. If you're having trouble, try putting a bomb near a cluster to damage several of them at once. The Blue Ring can help here as they hit Link for 2 full hearts of damage if he is ringless.

Rockies Rookie
06-26-2006, 02:06 PM
Thanks, I found LV3, and I think I found the room they are in after 5 times through, but will getter done.....................

Okay after 4 hours, I gotter done. Thanks to the mummies, and Zols AND pOLS vOICE,I could replemish, everynow and then, but didn't want to leave once I had a few killed, so gotter done. Gonna go finish 2 then on to 4 (Haven't found LV4 yet, but will try and find) . Thanks for the HC> GOT MY BOOMERRANG.

Got Lv2 done but seems like I should have gotten something else. I did get the bow I believe, and that was it. Thought there might be a raft or ladder. Let me know. Pretty wild Zelda. Love it. Thanks LM500

LinkMaster500
06-26-2006, 05:19 PM
No, the bow is the only treasure of Level 2.

Rockies Rookie
06-26-2006, 09:17 PM
Hi, LM500, I was mauled in LV4 (went there to get the whistle), and done like someone said to get it and whistle and it would get me out to the island so I can get the letter. Well not, all it is doing is taking me from LV1 and LV2 of first game. Maybe I'm not doing something right. What you say???

Gunslinger
06-26-2006, 09:30 PM
You have to COMPLETE level 4, that is, get the triforce piece. You can only warp to the quest 1 dungeon locations corresponding to the levels you have completed in quest 3. So if you're warping between levels 1 and 2 of quest 1, it's because you've only completed levels 1 and 2 of quest 3.

Rockies Rookie
06-26-2006, 10:57 PM
Thanks Gunslinger

Rockies Rookie
06-27-2006, 10:51 PM
I have gotten the Triforce in LV5, but noticed that there were 2 rooms I haven't been in. They are the 2 rooms above and below the room that has the passage to the Boss. Is there any thing there worth going back for????????

Okay know that the magic boomerrang is in there, but when I was there I couldn't find a way into those 2 rooms. How do I get there??????

LinkMaster500
06-28-2006, 09:48 AM
Have you tried pushing every block? That's very important in this quest.

Rockies Rookie
06-28-2006, 11:13 AM
Okay, gotter done........

Same here in LV6, Beat the LV but it seems like there was a few rooms in the upper right hand corner I was never in. Can see passage way on top room, but never could get to. Are they important.
I did get the step ladder and bomb upgrade, is there anything else here?????????????????????
I pushed every block, walked through all walls, done it all so many times as I was trying to get somewhere and wound back up at the same place. Getting to the Boss was totally accidental. This is an awesome game dude.

Okay got LV7 done, but still concerned about the couple of rooms I couldn't get to as I mentioned above.

Gunslinger
06-30-2006, 04:32 PM
If you got the bomb upgrade and ladder from level 6, there's nothing else left for you.

Rockies Rookie
06-30-2006, 07:32 PM
Thanks Gunslinger

Saxonia
07-22-2007, 03:14 PM
I run in circles now in Level9, I couldnt find the passageway to the endboss(the last 4 rooms on top of the dungeon. Any help please?

Saxonia
07-30-2007, 06:13 AM
I run in circles now in Level9, I couldnt find the passageway to the endboss(the last 4 rooms on top of the dungeon. Any help please?

I still did´nt found the way...can someone help me please!???

Gleeok
07-30-2007, 06:44 AM
There are rooms in the upper left and upper right portions of the map. (they're not on the map I believe) To get to them there is a stairs towards the bottom left of the map. Been awhile though. Good luck!

Saxonia
07-30-2007, 09:52 AM
Many thanks GLEEOK, now I beat it!!! YEAH :D!

LinkMaster500
07-31-2007, 12:31 AM
Congratulations. This is a very difficult quest.

Saxonia
07-31-2007, 01:26 PM
Congratulations. This is a very difficult quest.

Thank you LinkMaster!

Maybe you have an answer for my question in thread "Demo EX: Official Release"(post 336/339)??? Please!

LinkMaster500
08-02-2007, 12:11 AM
Unfortunately, I don't think I've gotten to that part of the Demo EX quest yet. But maybe somebody else has the answer.

Saxonia
08-17-2007, 05:08 AM
For all they need help:
Overview Alpha quest (http://mitglied.lycos.de/flugmausie/Alpha.html)