PDA

View Full Version : How does one go about changing the game icons?

alfinchkid
03-04-2006, 05:10 PM
I'm starting a new quest, where the main character is a Zora. The colors of the game icons aren't right for what I need. Can someone tell me how I can change the colors of the Game Icons?

Nimono
03-04-2006, 06:08 PM
I'm starting a new quest, where the main character is a Zora. The colors of the game icons aren't right for what I need. Can someone tell me how I can change the colors of the Game Icons?
The Help Readme explains it, but it's in Extra Sprite Palette 1.

alfinchkid
03-05-2006, 12:57 AM
ok, thanks. But I have a new question. I have the colors set, but when I test it, he's green. I think it has to with the Link sprites. How do I change those colors?

Rakki
03-05-2006, 02:05 AM
Edit CSet 6 to edit what colors Link actually uses in-game. If you don't want to do that, though, I believe you can set the Game Icon tiles to separate ones from Link himself. Let me check out ZQuest to see if you can...

alfinchkid
03-05-2006, 03:58 PM
no, I figured out how. Also in the readme, Cset9 in sprites is Link, 10 is w/ blue ring, 11 is w/ red ring, and 12 is w/ gold ring.

But I want to replace the Moblin Sprite with that of a Zora (Moblins have gone extinct in my game), but when I test the game, the NPC Zora is red! How can I change this?

Nimono
03-05-2006, 04:03 PM
no, I figured out how. Also in the readme, Cset9 in sprites is Link, 10 is w/ blue ring, 11 is w/ red ring, and 12 is w/ gold ring.

But I want to replace the Moblin Sprite with that of a Zora (Moblins have gone extinct in my game), but when I test the game, the NPC Zora is red! How can I change this?
Simple: Moblins (Red) are CSet 8. Go to that CSet and change the colors of the Zora. But then again, why not leave it like that? You could make an "endangered Zora". :D

alfinchkid
03-05-2006, 04:44 PM
No, I'm gonna have a certain tribe of Zora who live in the mountains be red, Fire Zora, as friends of the Gorons. I'll even have one in my first quest, Ganon's Requiem, as the guy who gives you the red ring. Hope you'll find him =P.

Nimono
03-05-2006, 04:46 PM
No, I'm gonna have a certain tribe of Zora who live in the mountains be red, Fire Zora, as friends of the Gorons. I'll even have one in my first quest, Ganon's Requiem, as the guy who gives you the red ring. Hope you'll find him =P.
You don't have to use the Moblin to make your "Guy", y'know. I rarely use them in MY quests... Well, as guys.