PDA

View Full Version : Zelda: Twilight Princess MEGATHREAD

goKi
02-19-2006, 04:24 PM
Confirmed by Reggie Fils-Aime on an interview on Spike TV yesterday.

http://www.revo-europe.com/news.php?nid=8840

DarkFlameWolf
02-19-2006, 08:46 PM
damn, that's right during the time I'll 'probably' be at OTS. No internet or leisure time for months! damn you Nintendo!

punkonjunk1024
02-19-2006, 09:15 PM
sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

Revfan9
02-20-2006, 03:13 PM
Sweet? It was suppossed to come out a year before that, then it got delayed, then delayed again. I am PISSED! Here I was counting down the days till the march/april release, creaming muh pants at every constant second, and then getting delayed again! Though I am very upset about this, I hope it doesn't become the next Duke Nukem Forever...

*is teh year 90459034089356894559569450945804685490523409543858 9034AD*

Nintendo has announced taht in order to make Twilight Princess the perfect game, has been delayed another year. And it will still be released on the Gamecube.

Orion
02-20-2006, 03:20 PM
Aww... well, I think the wait for OoT was even longer than this, so it doesn't bother me. There are plenty of other things to do between now and fall. Think of it as an opporitunity to go play some games that aren't as popular and are a bit underappreciated. There are some good games in the bargain barrel that should hold you over.

goKi
02-20-2006, 05:02 PM
I trust Nintendo, and want the people who complain about the delays to shut up.

Rijuhn
02-20-2006, 07:50 PM
Nintendo is gay and I hate them, so I'm going to break my GameCube in protest, just to stick it to the man!!!

*b*
02-20-2006, 09:00 PM
it may be quite a ways off, but, at least there's a release date now. I'm glad they took the extra time to make this game the way it should be. I just hope it lives up to everyone's (including mine) expectations

firefly
02-20-2006, 09:33 PM
TLoZ: Twilight Princess is going to be released in November 2005 :D, can't wait!

Nintendo is gay and I hate them, so I'm going to break my GameCube in protest, just to stick it to the man!!!
:odd:

VT_Hokie_Fan
02-20-2006, 09:35 PM
At least the Gamecube has plenty of other games coming out... oh that's right, no it doesn't.

Srry, I'm in a bad mood and just had to put that in. The game will be fine. Don't get all mad about the release date. Nintendo is usually good at making quality games.

Grasshopper
02-20-2006, 09:38 PM
How many times has it even been delayed? I only know of one time. And that was when they said its not coming out in 2005, but will be coming out in 2006. They just never said when.

Did everyone just assume is was coming out in spring, or did Nintendo say that, because I don't remember them ever giving a date for a 2006 release until now.

DarkFlameWolf
02-20-2006, 09:53 PM
I wouldn't complain normally, but since I'll be entering OTS training sometime this fall, the release date lands right smack dab in the middle of my training and right before the 8 month Navigator training school. So I won't be able to lay my hands on it until next winter of 2007. So that's why I was hoping it was this April and not November, like it is now.

ZomfgIts0rzlolo
02-20-2006, 11:11 PM
bg I was going to get this as a present for my birthday in april :(

but it's probably all for the best, I need to play Metroid Prime 2 anyway.

Grasshopper
02-21-2006, 12:21 AM
See, I never heard of this "April release".

I know there was speculation because fiscal years end in March of the next year, so the end of the fiscal year of 2005 would be March 2006, so the fiscal year of 2006 would land smack-dab in April, which is where I'm assuming the date came from.

But as far as an official date in April, I didn't hear of one. Was there?

KJAZZ
02-21-2006, 01:49 AM
Well, I somehow knew it'd be delayed. Just seems like it would be to me.

Oh well, I can wait. It just means that it'll be better... (Hopefully). Regardless, Kingdom Hearts 2 is coming out next month (March 28), and personally, I'm more hyped up about that. :blah:

Cloral
02-21-2006, 02:09 AM
Lol, they're probably going to have another big display about it at E3 again this year. Though I doubt it will attact the 6 hour lines this time.

Petoe
02-21-2006, 05:56 AM
Yay, November???

Well I don't care. The more the game gets delayed, the better the game will be. This is the reason I love Nintendo, they rarely rush their games! I know TP will kick ass, but I can wait. I just feel bad for Wolfie... :(

Darth Marsden
02-21-2006, 08:45 AM
I'm not bothered by the wait, since I've only recently gotten a PS2 and I have plenty of games for that particular brand to get through first. But it's nice to see companies take their time with games and making sure that they're done really, really well rather then rushing out a buggy, unfinished game. So yay Nintendo.

goKi
02-21-2006, 09:01 AM
People should definately know by now that Nintendo know what they are doing. I'm one of those people who, to some extent is very disappointed that there won't be another Cel Shaded Zelda game. Wind Waker had some downfalls, but the graphics were definately not one of them.

ctrl-alt-delete
02-21-2006, 10:50 AM
Did they ever completely shut out having another cel-shaded game? I would love one for muh DS.

Aegix Drakan
02-21-2006, 12:28 PM
It's been delayed so many Times, I don;t care anymore! I'll get into my Hype when it's actually in the strores. untill then, I won't think abou it or get hyped for it. otherwise I won't have enough hype left for when it does come out.

Orion
02-21-2006, 01:49 PM
It's been delayed so many Times, I don;t care anymore! I'll get into my Hype when it's actually in the strores. untill then, I won't think abou it or get hyped for it. otherwise I won't have enough hype left for when it does come out.

This game has only been delayed once or twice as far as I know. Which you should be used to by now. I thought the original release date was last November. Then Nintendo delayed it (as far as I know, they only time) until sometime after the fiscal year, which ends in March. For whatever reason, people just assumed it was releasing sometime in April. So yeah, I guess the game has only been delayed once.

Either way, like I said, there are plenty of other better things to do in the meantime.

Grasshopper
02-21-2006, 02:36 PM
This game has only been delayed once or twice as far as I know. Which you should be used to by now. I thought the original release date was last November. Then Nintendo delayed it (as far as I know, they only time) until sometime after the fiscal year, which ends in March. For whatever reason, people just assumed it was releasing sometime in April. So yeah, I guess the game has only been delayed once.

Either way, like I said, there are plenty of other better things to do in the meantime.

Thank You. :D I'm glad somebody has agreed with me. Thats what I've said two times already in this thread. I was wondering if people even read my post.:tongue:

Cloral
02-21-2006, 03:33 PM
People should definately know by now that Nintendo know what they are doing. I'm one of those people who, to some extent is very disappointed that there won't be another Cel Shaded Zelda game. Wind Waker had some downfalls, but the graphics were definately not one of them.
Good to see I wasn't the only one who loved the look of that game.

vegeta1215
02-21-2006, 04:08 PM
Good to see I wasn't the only one who loved the look of that game.

You're not alone. When I saw the Twilight Princess trailer from E3 (the very first one, back before we knew the title and how Link turns into a wolf), I was really excited, but also kind of disappointed. I was hoping for another cel-shaded Zelda.

The wait for TP doesn't bother me though, because like others have said, I'd rather have a longer and better game that a short rushed one. The only thing is there are hardly any Gamecube games coming out this year and I don't know if the DS alone can hold me over until Oct/Nov.

LinkvsSora101
03-03-2006, 08:57 PM
As Zelda fans, you must all know Twilight Princess comes out in April. Well, i checked IGN.com to see if there were anymore videos on it, and instead of saying "April 15 2006" on the release date, it said "Fall 2006". Did they delay the game? If they truly did, I'll be very mad, I'm sure you'll all agree.

Nimono
03-03-2006, 08:59 PM
As Zelda fans, you must all know Twilight Princess comes out in April. Well, i checked IGN.com to see if there were anymore videos on it, and instead of saying "April 15 2006" on the release date, it said "Fall 2006". Did they delay the game? If they truly did, I'll be very mad, I'm sure you'll all agree.
Check Nintendo.com. It's a bit more reliable. ...I think. If the game is REALLY being delayed, I think I know why. I heard that The Legend of Zelda: The Twilight Princess is supposed to be the VERY LAST GameCube game ever made.

Nicholas Steel
03-03-2006, 09:08 PM
its been stated on zsnes allready... thus i already new of this.

Rakki
03-03-2006, 11:46 PM
Technically, it hasn't been delayed "again," as the development team was given until March 31st to finish MAKING the game. After that, it'll take time to translate the game to English (for us, of course :p), then make copies of the game, of the packagaing, etc., and then they have to ship copies to stores for a few weeks to give them enough of a pre-release stock so that they don't run out the first day they have it available in stores. Frankly, I think it'll take until Fall for all of that to get done, especially if we assume the development team doesn't COMPLETELY finish the game until the 31st.

LinkvsSora101
03-05-2006, 03:17 PM
i see, id assume they would finish the game before putting out release dates though. Besides, i think they already finished translating. Ive seen some videos, the X Y and Z buttons have english text next to it, and the speaking is in english, so i assumed they were finished with that. But the fact that it was going to be the very last gamecube game makes a lot of sense.

Nimono
03-05-2006, 03:20 PM
i see, id assume they would finish the game before putting out release dates though. Besides, i think they already finished translating. Ive seen some videos, the X Y and Z buttons have english text next to it, and the speaking is in english, so i assumed they were finished with that. But the fact that it was going to be the very last gamecube game makes a lot of sense.
Well, that WAS the plan at E3 (I saw it on TV. Yay for me, since I live NOWHERE NEAR California.), but they might change that plan, since they're going to have a GameCube Kirby game that's more like the usual ones than Kirby Air Ride. In other words, expect more GameCube games after Twilight Princess.

Rakki
03-06-2006, 04:10 AM
I don't know where everyone got the idea that Twilight Princess was the LAST Gamecube game from. It's the last major Nintendo game for Gamecube. Which means Nintendo could make another GC game yet, but it wouldn't be anything like Mario, Zelda, Metroid, etc. Although I think the chances of them making any more GC games after this is slim. That doesn't mean that other people aren't still going to make GC games for a little while yet. Heck, we still have new GBA games coming out, and yet, developers have had the option to make games for the DS for over a year now.

80s Knight
03-06-2006, 12:33 PM
This is true. Also don't forget how long the NES and SNES got their games released together.

MottZilla
03-06-2006, 04:28 PM
Release dates don't mean much, esspecially for a big title and one from Nintendo. Besides, by now everyone should expect delays from Nintendo. They've been delaying things for a long time now.

WindStrike
03-06-2006, 04:55 PM
Shouldn't this be under General Gaming Discussion or whatever that forum was called? I know this is Zelda related, but it ain't Zelda Classic. Anyways, I've heard the game gonna come out... :
1) April? (Highly doubtful, otherwise, news would have reached us)
2) May? (Doubtful, but possible)
3) Summer? (Hopefully then I suppose...)
4) Fall? (So explain to me how the release dates range from April to December, honestly!)

firefly
03-06-2006, 05:26 PM
Shouldn't this be under General Gaming Discussion or whatever that forum was called? I know this is Zelda related, but it ain't Zelda Classic. Anyways, I've heard the game gonna come out... :
1) April? (Highly doubtful, otherwise, news would have reached us)
2) May? (Doubtful, but possible)
3) Summer? (Hopefully then I suppose...)
4) Fall? (So explain to me how the release dates range from April to December, honestly!)
November, There's a thread in Gaming Disscussion (or whatever is called) about this.

Shoelace
03-06-2006, 06:27 PM
No, Nintendo only delayed the game once back in September. They said that game will come out sometime after April 1st 2006. People starting saying that it meant Nintendo was going to release the game in April. But come on it is Nintendo, that means Zelda will be out in late summer early fall, first time I read that. Nintendo never said an April release, so they never delayed it again really.

Weird am I the only one that was thinking it was coming out in the fall when they said that? I mean it is Nintendo, you should have known. :P

Nimono
03-06-2006, 06:32 PM
No, Nintendo only delayed the game once back in September. They said that game will come out sometime after April 1st 2006. People starting saying that it meant Nintendo was going to release the game in April. But come on it is Nintendo, that means Zelda will be out in late summer early fall, first time I read that. Nintendo never said an April release, so they never delayed it again really.

Weird am I the only one that was thinking it was coming out in the fall when they said that? I mean it is Nintendo, you should have known. :P
Well, you have a point there. Nintendo HAS been known to postpone releases, and I know that well.

firefly
03-06-2006, 06:33 PM

I just remember that they were going to release it by March 2005, then they delayed it to November 2005 and then to March 2006, and finally, to Sept-Nov 2006. ß

Well, you have a point there. Nintendo HAS been known to postpone releases, and I know that well.

Like... StarCraft Ghost?, yeah, I know that Starcraft is NOT from Nintendo. ƒ

Nimono
03-06-2006, 06:39 PM
I just remember that they were going to release it by March 2005, then they delayed it to November 2005 and then to March 2006, and finally, to Sept-Nov 2006. ß

Like... StarCraft Ghost?, yeah, I know that Starcraft is NOT from Nintendo. ƒ
No, I was talking about stuff like WarioWare: Twisted!. That game was delayed so people could enjoy WarioWare: Touched!.

VEL
03-06-2006, 06:49 PM
--Moved to General Gaming Discussion--

firefly
03-06-2006, 06:57 PM
They said that TP will be better than OoT!. ß

--Moved to General Gaming Discussion--

Thanks VEL. µ

Orion
03-06-2006, 07:26 PM
No one ever said the game was going to be out by March/April 2005. Nintendo said sometime after that, and people jumped to conclusions. I'd expect a fall/holiday release, probably around the time the revolution launches, and maybe around when the ps3 launches.

vegeta1215
03-06-2006, 08:35 PM
News today, PS3 will be delayed until the 2006 holiday season: http://games.slashdot.org/games/06/03/06/123258.shtml - not sure if that means November or December or what, but it's possible Nintendo could launch before Sony.

Delaying Zelda is a smart move imo. Sure it is upsetting people now, but Nintendo now has time to add more content and to polish the game even further, so it will be much better than if it came out November 2005 like originally planned. Plus having Zelda ready at Revolution launch will surely help sell the new system since it is backwards compatible.

ZTC
03-07-2006, 12:15 PM
yes, the SNES and N64 come to mind...
I am anticipating this release, as I might buy Revolution when it comes out, then I'd have something interesting to occupy my time. (and that would be the first new system I've bought in years...)

MottZilla
03-07-2006, 04:37 PM
The Nintendo 64 itself was delayed for quite some time. I remember people joking about how it was never coming out. And don't you remember how cool the Nintendo ULTRA 64 was? It looked so much cooler. And the analog stick looked so much better designed.

ZomfgIts0rzlolo
03-07-2006, 05:16 PM
An unreliable source (hyrule.net I think) had April posted, probably just a rumor. November seems more set.

likesallusions
03-08-2006, 06:53 PM
In Nintendo Power they've been having interviews with the people making Twilight Princess for months. In one interview (I'm not looking it up right now, I don't know where it is) they explained why they've been delaying it. Just like vegeta1215 said, it's because they can then add more stuff, you know, add details to make the game better. Fall sounds about right, cause I haven't seen a single advertisement, and there would at least be one advertisement on some channel.

likesallusions
03-08-2006, 07:04 PM
The downside to all the delays (excluding the ticked people) is that hopes are rising higher and higher. There's bound to be some critic to screw the whole moment up when it does come out. But I'm not worried.^.^ :rude: to all you critics who take the fun away!

AlexMax
03-08-2006, 11:14 PM
god damnit can't you people keep the discussion to one thread?

merged

copsgotguns
03-24-2006, 06:11 PM
im ok with the delay, seeing as i sold my gamecube and all my games for some strange reason a while back. this will give me enough time to come up with $40 to buy a used gamecube. the game is probably going to cost me more than the system. go figure!